My Annual Trip to South Florida | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Annual Trip to South Florida

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
I just got back home an hour ago and I thought I'd write my experience at the game as I've done the last few years.

I always like coming down for the home opener b/c in the beginning of the year, there is hope for all. I can't see myself wanting to come down if the Phins were 3-8 but that's just me.

The reports I read on here about the Dolphins changing the gameday experience was correct. I didn't see one clip of Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez, or anyone else telling us 'Fins Up'. In fact, they only played the Buffet song after the opening drive. All of the other TD scores were followed by the 'ol fight song.

The crowd was announced in the mid-50s apparently. I can't imagine there were 18,000 no shows b/c to me it was a good crowd. I heard a guy a few rows back talking about missing the Orange Bowl (I wasn't old enough to see a game there). Aside from here, we had some rowdy good-natured patrons around my wife and I (Section 424, Row 4). The crowd is like the one I see routinely at Nationals Park, or quiet until something big happens. I wish they were a bit more loud but I can't really speak too much b/c I didn't go too ape**** up there either.

The halftime show was led by the D of Run-DMC which was pretty cool. It then was followed by the field goal contest for $10,000 which was from THIRTY YARDS away, not 60 like previously mentioned. Both kicks sailed right but each guy did win four club tickets for later in the year IIRC.

I was able to score the free giveaway hat and it's pretty cool I guess. I'm more of a fitted guy myself. I didn't get it passed to me by a former player or anything so that was a bit of a let down (no prob though).

It was a great trip all in all b/c I finally got down to South Beach and to the Florida Keys this time (each for the first time). I love Florida and everything Miami Dolphins. Next week vs. the Jets is an even bigger game and I hope the locals do their part and will the team to **** them up.

I just got back home an hour ago and I thought I'd write my experience at the game as I've done the last few years.

I always like coming down for the home opener b/c in the beginning of the year, there is hope for all. I can't see myself wanting to come down if the Phins were 3-8 but that's just me.

The reports I read on here about the Dolphins changing the gameday experience was correct. I didn't see one clip of Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez, or anyone else telling us 'Fins Up'. In fact, they only played the Buffet song after the opening drive. All of the other TD scores were followed by the 'ol fight song.

The crowd was announced in the mid-50s apparently. I can't imagine there were 18,000 no shows b/c to me it was a good crowd. I heard a guy a few rows back talking about missing the Orange Bowl (I wasn't old enough to see a game there). Aside from here, we had some rowdy good-natured patrons around my wife and I (Section 424, Row 4). The crowd is like the one I see routinely at Nationals Park, or quiet until something big happens. I wish they were a bit more loud but I can't really speak too much b/c I didn't go too ape**** up there either.

The halftime show was led by the D of Run-DMC which was pretty cool. It then was followed by the field goal contest for $10,000 which was from THIRTY YARDS away, not 60 like previously mentioned. Both kicks sailed right but each guy did win four club tickets for later in the year IIRC.

I was able to score the free giveaway hat and it's pretty cool I guess. I'm more of a fitted guy myself. I didn't get it passed to me by a former player or anything so that was a bit of a let down (no prob though).

It was a great trip all in all b/c I finally got down to South Beach and to the Florida Keys this time (each for the first time). I love Florida and everything Miami Dolphins. Next week vs. the Jets is an even bigger game and I hope the locals do their part and will the team to **** them up.

I was at the game too, best experience in a lonnng time. I also posted about my experience. Did you meet any of the Dolphins giving out the hats?

Glad to see you had a great time like the rest of us that went. I didn't see any former players either but we got parked a little late and our thirst took over desire to go see the players. That storm slowed things down too and i think there was a small window that they were there.

I think my only complaint from experience was after we got a 1st down , they did the normal "that's another miami dolphin 1st down" but after that they did the tone loc "let's do it". I thought it sounded corny and out of place.

Good memories though. Maybe next time you can be a little louder though!:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom