My Boycott | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Boycott

lukin88

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I am boycotting Thursday Night Football. I am a huge fan of the NFL, not just the Dolphins. Teams playing on 3 days rest is ludicrous. The only TN games I will watch will be the Thanksgiving games, but teams that play in those contests MUST be coming off the bye. TNF is low quality football for obvious reasons. The NFL's hypocrisy on player safety is fake. I ask all of you to boycott TNF and influence anyone you know to do he same

I am boycotting Thursday Night Football. I am a huge fan of the NFL, not just the Dolphins. Teams playing on 3 days rest is ludicrous. The only TN games I will watch will be the Thanksgiving games, but teams that play in those contests MUST be coming off the bye. TNF is low quality football for obvious reasons. The NFL's hypocrisy on player safety is fake. I ask all of you to boycott TNF and influence anyone you know to do he same
I've not missed one down in 22 years of dolphins football since I got the NFL Ticket, I'm not about to start now. Maybe you should Twitter Stephen A. about pushing that charge, because if he's the face of that push they would absolutely cancel Thursday night games all together. 🙄

I've not missed one down in 22 years of dolphins football since I got the NFL Ticket, I'm not about to start now. Maybe you should Twitter Stephen A. about pushing that charge, because if he's the face of that push they would absolutely cancel Thursday night games all together. 🙄
You lack understanding of my post.

You lack understanding of my post.

I understand your post and understand Dan's position as well. I agree with you but don't believe your boycott on the juggernaut that is the NFL will work. Truthfully, I feel they should have football every day. At least one game a day and try to get teams as much rest as possible from game to game as well which would be harder to do.

I understand your post and understand Dan's position as well. I agree with you but don't believe your boycott on the juggernaut that is the NFL will work. Truthfully, I feel they should have football every day. At least one game a day.
Fine. As long as adequate rest and preparation is allowed, I would be in. The typical TNF game after 3 days rest is usually poor quality ball. You know it, too.

Thanks for letting us know what you're boycotting. We were all so interested. Mods this is not Miami Dolphins related no one cares what this guy does in his personal time please move to the appropriate section of the forum. Also seriously can someone do an IP check on him we all know he was a previously banned member or a current member trolling.

Thanks for letting us know what you're boycotting. We were all so interested. Mods this is not Miami Dolphins related no one cares what this guy does in his personal time please move to the appropriate section of the forum. Also seriously can someone do an IP check on him we all know he was a previously banned member or a current member trolling.
Someone is triggered. Stop stalking me. If you don't like the topic, ignore it. No need to be a baby begging for moderators to validate your childless.

Thursday night football is awful, usually the lowest quality game of the week. 3 days is not enough time to recover from such a brutal sport. Players are missing games they probably would have played if the game was Sunday instead of Thursday. Instead of a Thursday Night game I rather they move that to Monday night, have 2 games on Monday night. I liked when BUF/TEN was playing and then when they went to halftime PHI/MIN was starting.

I think the NFL should do away with Thursday night games. Unless, they have only a few during the year featuring teams coming off a bye.

Agree with OP that three days between is ridiculous. Especially challenging for the traveling team. I wonder what the record is for the visiting teams on Thursday nights?

I think the NFL should do away with Thursday night games. Unless, they have only a few during the year featuring teams coming off a bye.

Agree with OP that three days between is ridiculous. Especially challenging for the traveling team. I wonder what the record is for the visiting teams on Thursday nights?
They're usually low scoring games, with turnovers and injuries galore. Just not a good product to watch.

Someone is triggered. Stop stalking me. If you don't like the topic, ignore it. No need to be a baby begging for moderators to validate your childless.
If you don't like a post ignore it. No need to start a thread telling people your future plans for Thursday is going to be, there's sub forums for that and your topic is not Miami Dolphins related. I don't start threads telling people my masturbation habits because than the forum would be flooded with a new thread by me 5-6 times a day.

They should add an 19th week to the NFL schedule and add a second bye week.

Create a scheduling structure in which Thursday night games are always featuring teams coming off a bye. Your only obstacle there would be weeks 2 and 3, you don't want to start bye weeks after the first game.

In general I agree though, I don't like the idea of NFL players playing two games in four days, solely for the benefit of NFL owners and fans.

They need to expand the rosters as well.

They should add an 19th week to the NFL schedule and add a second bye week.

Create a scheduling structure in which Thursday night games are always featuring teams coming off a bye. Your only obstacle there would be weeks 2 and 3, you don't want to start bye weeks after the first game.

In general I agree though, I don't like the idea of NFL players playing two games in four days, solely for the benefit of NFL owners and fans.

They need to expand the rosters as well.
Excellent point. 2 bye weeks is a good idea. I would like to see ALL AFC teams get byes week 7 and 15. All NFC teams week 6 and 14, and then vice versa the following year.

Back
Top Bottom