My Daily Rosenhaus Rant(Daily) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Daily Rosenhaus Rant(Daily)

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death everytime Drew opens his mouth...but it borders on the absurd. So let me get this straight Drew...where are we in the process again? Let me see...the first day of free agency...my phone will be ringing off the hook with teams wanting Wally...regardless of the Tender...teams will be more than willing to give up those draft picks and spend millions.......nothing...oh...here comes the draft...several teams are in the midst of putting together a substantial deal for Wally....only a matter of time......nothing...night before the draft...teams have been calling about a trade...just watch tomm...I did....nothing...we have started negotiations with the Dolphins and we have made some progress...looks good....nothing...Dolphins lowered the tender on wally...Drew was not surprised...we knew that this might happen all along...doesn't change a thing....nothing.....Wally will not sign the tender...will sit out the first 10 weeks...then sign the tender...play out the last 6 games...and go onto unresricted heaven..."where teams will be drooling over Wally...they will be lined up around the corner to get him"....I have to take a breath...laughing too hard....priceless
First of all...has Drew ever heard of the Franchise tag(next year)...think someone will give up a 2 ones..and have to pay Wally when they didn't do that this year...do you think a team will feel comfortable signing this guy...with this agent...if he just came off a yr when he sat out the first10 games...and only came back for a paycheck?...they must be lining up as we speak..So another teams signs him...and he doesn't like the contract a yr later...let me sit out the first 10 games again...then accrue another seaon then demand to be released or traded. So far everything Drew has said has come true...hasn't it???..lol...I have no doubt that Rosenhaus can be a good agent...he just comes off like such an ***...he makes statements that aren't even in the ballpark...then just makes another and pretends he didn't say the last one. I only have to wait a couple of weeks(maybe days) before drew says something else that will make me start laughing out loud again...priceless :roflmao: :roflmao:

NYPhinFan said:
I know this has been beaten to death everytime Drew opens his mouth...but it borders on the absurd. So let me get this straight Drew...where are we in the process again? Let me see...the first day of free agency...my phone will be ringing off the hook with teams wanting Wally...regardless of the Tender...teams will be more than willing to give up those draft picks and spend millions.......nothing...oh...here comes the draft...several teams are in the midst of putting together a substantial deal for Wally....only a matter of time......nothing...night before the draft...teams have been calling about a trade...just watch tomm...I did....nothing...we have started negotiations with the Dolphins and we have made some progress...looks good....nothing...Dolphins lowered the tender on wally...Drew was not surprised...we knew that this might happen all along...doesn't change a thing....nothing.....Wally will not sign the tender...will sit out the first 10 weeks...then sign the tender...play out the last 6 games...and go onto unresricted heaven..."where teams will be drooling over Wally...they will be lined up around the corner to get him"....I have to take a breath...laughing too hard....priceless
First of all...has Drew ever heard of the Franchise tag(next year)...think someone will give up a 2 ones..and have to pay Wally when they didn't do that this year...do you think a team will feel comfortable signing this guy...with this agent...if he just came off a yr when he sat out the first10 games...and only came back for a paycheck?...they must be lining up as we speak..So another teams signs him...and he doesn't like the contract a yr later...let me sit out the first 10 games again...then accrue another seaon then demand to be released or traded. So far everything Drew has said has come true...hasn't it???..lol...I have no doubt that Rosenhaus can be a good agent...he just comes off like such an ***...he makes statements that aren't even in the ballpark...then just makes another and pretends he didn't say the last one. I only have to wait a couple of weeks(maybe days) before drew says something else that will make me start laughing out loud again...priceless :roflmao: :roflmao:

If we franchise Wally, he gets exactly what he wants... a big payday. Honestly I hope we dump him if he sits out on us this year.... I can't wait to see what a big offer a DE who's not seen action in 16 months gets.

NYPhinFan said:
Most of what you said it correct, however I did want to address one part. (In Blue above)

Right now OGun is not signed to a deal. Most everyone seems to forget that or acts like he should sign a deal he thinks is below his value. He can sit out and not play without any concerns about being fined, because he does not have a signed deal. If he had a signed deal then he will be fined, I believe its 5K a day that he misses. What he does only works for unsigned players who are tied to one team.

Right now all OGun is doing is blowing smoke. He will sign his 1.8 tender before the season and play. The only reason Miami lowered the deal was to prevent him from returning to the team in Week 10 and signing his tender and getting 675K for those games. Now he will get something around 155K for those games. Huge difference to OGun wallet.

I totally understand and agree with what you are saying. He is not signed to anything right now...but that also stops him from going anywhere. I have no doubt that one way or another he will be under contract come opening day. You said it best when you said its just alot of smoke...its just that the smoke is so ridiculous to me....these are the rules....you can't change them because they don't benefit you...it just is tiring listening to all the garbage by Rosenhaus. I will say it again..O-Gun has NO leverage...none...he can threaten all he wants...making up scenarios...he has NONE

The only team that I ever heard have interest in O-gun was the Bears and that is because they have no D-line what so ever. Noone is willing to trade much for a player who has proven very little. He hasn't shown he can do what he has done for the past 2 seasons without a JT type player being on the opposite side of him.

phinphanphrommi said:
If we franchise Wally, he gets exactly what he wants... a big payday. Honestly I hope we dump him if he sits out on us this year.... I can't wait to see what a big offer a DE who's not seen action in 16 months gets.

Not exactly what he wants. He'll get the big salary but not the large upfront signing bonus that protects him financially from a career ending injury.
Plus Miami would have to take the huge franchise tag hit on the salary cap instead of a lower hit if Ogunleye gets a bonus spread over a few years.

Eshlemon said:
Not exactly what he wants. He'll get the big salary but not the large upfront signing bonus that protects him financially from a career ending injury.
Plus Miami would have to take the huge franchise tag hit on the salary cap instead of a lower hit if Ogunleye gets a bonus spread over a few years.

Well, I know he won't get EXACTLY what he wants... what I was getting at is that he wins in that situation. He gets his contract with high pay, and we get stuck with a deal that we can't prorate over a few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom