My Draft Day Take | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Draft Day Take

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It is no longer a secret that what this team needs is an offesensive tackle. But other than that, a big play wide out is definately a need. A guy like Taylor Jacobs could fall into the second round because of the bigger guys in Kelley Washington and Bryant Johnson, possibly even Brandon Lloyd. So this is our chance to snatch the guy that will leave Chris Chambers in single coverage many times. I project we say F the O-Line and go for the big-play threat in TJ. I think we deal our 2nd, 5th, 7th, and possibly a mid-late round choice next year to get into the TOP of the second round(top 1-7) and get that guy in Taylor Jacobs. I think we also get a 4th-rounder as the Skins trade for it to use on Arturo Freeman. Then I think we grab a 5th-rounder from maybe the Packers for Jermaine Haley. In conclusion we sign Sammy Knight, the Junior Seau deal does fall through, but for a 2004-draft choice. So we head into the 2003 NFL Draft with these picks.

THIS IS THE YEAR WE FINALLY MAKE A HUGE MOVE AND TRADE UP!

2.WR Taylor Jacobs
3.OT Will Ofenhausel
4.LB Nick Barnett
5.OG Torrin Tucker
5.LB Cie Grant
6.S Charles Drake
6.WR Bethel Johnson
7.P Andy Groom

spjacobs-1.jpg
- With Chris Chambers the all around receiver, Derrius Thompson the possession receiver, and McKnight the instant speed burst guy, Taylor Jacobs would fit right in as another explosive Rod Smith type receiver which this corp really lacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a LT Chambers. George Foster is the last one with big talent on the board and we will be lucky to get him at #49.

Wise is the best OL coach in the league and can make him start this year.

if we picked OT Will Ofenhausel i would committ wann-spiel into AA cause they were obviously pulling a drunken prank on each other....he is horrible, and to pick him in the 3rd would be a DIRECT INSULT to all dolfans!!!! he is bad......barnett and tucker are both 2nd round picks so getting them in day 2 is pretty damn far fetched bro.....grant and drake will both go higher than where you have them......and groom will be a higher pick as well......good punters usually go in the 4-5 region.......

and your trades are a bit phin-friendly.....the pack aren't sure if they want haley at all and you have them giving us a 4? and a pick next year for seau is a reach.....the redskins don't have a #4 to deal to us for freeman, so where do they come up with it??? you say we deal a 5 as part of the deal to get the higher #2....then why do we still have 2 #5's???

way to many holes and flaws in this projection, sorry bro......

First off Zilla, read it right. :rolleyes:

I have the Pack giving us a 5th..

And according to MANY draft sites.. they have Torrin Tucker ranked day 2. Drake is a 5th-6th rounder. Practically EVERY draft site has it that way..

Ofenhausel is also considered a 3rd-round prospect..

one question.......have you ever seen ofenhausel play??? if you have shame on you for wanting that scrub on our team....rate it like you see it man.....

ya i see the 2nd 5th now.....my bad......but all your scenarios are still far fetched and yoyu barely addressed any of my points, just the ones that were easy to answer.....

torrin tucker wont be a day 2 prospect bro.....

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
one question.......have you ever seen ofenhausel play??? if you have shame on you for wanting that scrub on our team....rate it like you see it man.....

ya i see the 2nd 5th now.....my bad......but all your scenarios are still far fetched and yoyu barely addressed any of my points, just the ones that were easy to answer.....

torrin tucker wont be a day 2 prospect bro.....

well i'm damned for trying to help get this draft board active. it's not what i think will happen and i'm sorry if i made it look that way. but it's what i think we should do. i picked some of the players based on the otcdraft.com rankings. and i know they can be a little off because they don't have boldin in the top 15 wr's.

no way on earth the taylor jacobs scenario can be far fetched, just my opinion. i projected that based on what insider drew rosenhause said. he said we can try and package our 2nd along with other picks to go up and get t.j.

and as for the ofenhausel thing, i can honestly admit i've never seen the guy play. i just based that on what i've heard about him.

you can say he isn't a good player from what you've seen from him in college, but the workouts differ from the college production. if tyrone calico's ranking was based on what he did up in middle tennessee, he'd be a 4th or 5th rounder. he didn't do a damn thing in college. but he brokeout completely in the workouts bro. and that's why he may go in round 2, same reason why ofenhausel could go in round 3..

Last edited by a moderator:
i never mentioned the jacobs scenario as being unrealistic......

the difference between calico and ofenhausel is HUGE....if i knew how to make that font bigger i would......they are in different solar systems..... calico has ALL THE MEASUABLES and POTENTIAL......ofenhausel has NO potential and his measurables leave a lot to be desired, and his college production wasn't all that great to be honest with you....like you have said before man....back up your statements.....

and by the way.....me disagreeing with you doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to keep this board going....keep posting whatever you like, if i feel like i want to comment i will, if not then i wont......keep posting......

Back
Top Bottom