My go at an offseason plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My go at an offseason plan

Love the effort but hate the first pick.

This is about where I'm at. Not a huge fan of the 1st round pick. Most of the FA signings make sense. Solid additions without huge salaries.

The Fins need upgrades at LB and FS going in to camp. Eric Reid would fit nicely.

Not enough help on OL and LB our weakest positions IMO.
I like picks 2 & 3
I don't like Vaccaro or Evans in this proposal.

Thank you and well thought out. I agree with many of your points but would go a little different with the draft. First, I would try aggressively to trade down for more picks. We are not 1 pick away from the playoffs. I don't want another CB in the 2nd. I like our current young guys especially with Lippett returning. I want a TE or DE with the 2nd. We could even draft a QB with the 3rd or 4th. I can't really tell you which specific players yet, but these are the positions I would target. In free Agency: don't overspend and run away from injuries.

Finally, the more I think about Landry, I think we keep him. Hopefully the 2 sides will settle for 12/year.

Thank you and well thought out. I agree with many of your points but would go a little different with the draft. First, I would try aggressively to trade down for more picks. We are not 1 pick away from the playoffs. I don't want another CB in the 2nd. I like our current young guys especially with Lippett returning. I want a TE or DE with the 2nd. We could even draft a QB with the 3rd or 4th. I can't really tell you which specific players yet, but these are the positions I would target. In free Agency: don't overspend and run away from injuries.

Finally, the more I think about Landry, I think we keep him. Hopefully the 2 sides will settle for 12/year.
Which TE do you want at 42? I'm not sure there's one worth taking there. I think a TE at 73 would be way more value

Ozzy rules!!

Defensively I'm trying to make people think twice throwing in the middle. In nickel, theoretically in this scenario we would have Raekwon, Evans, Vaccaro/Reid, TJ, Jones all watching the inside. That is a lot of talent roaming around. Plus I don't think we are horrible on the line as some would think. Wake had 10.5 sacks still, Suh was a beast, the rookie DTs showed they belonged, Phillips improved, Hayes was a beast in the run game, Branch didn't do much but he was solid the year before and we have to keep him, and Harris produced steady pressure. What really hurt the group was trying to establish a pass rush with off coverage, two things that kind of cancel each other out.

I think maybe we end up sticking with williams as our backup rb. I think maybe the reason he wanted out before was because he was behind a super needy Ajayi AND he saw the talent of Drake and new it was inly a matter of time before he was a distant 3rd. Things are different now. Hes the clear cut #2 behind a guy most are questioning can handle the load for 16 games. He is also very similar in style so we dont have to change what Gase wants to do on offense. We still need a bruiser type guy but maybe not even, Gray seemed to do just fine with his snaps at FB and taking handoffs.

I dont think we'll have much trouble holding onto Hayes. He likes it in miami, is coming off a back injury, and I believe I heard this off-season is deep for DE. Could be wrong there, I havent been up to date there, I'm in draft mode. Excited about our possibilities there

I agree we need speed at the linebacker position, but I watched Evans' highlight reel and was underwhelmed. we'll see who tests well, but I'm starting to catch the Davenport bug, myself.

We need BPA at #11. I don't mind dropping if there's nobody worth it, but I doubt it. I always subscribe to Nick Saban's theory of at least 12 playmakers in the draft.

I agree with the positions targeted, Grier really needs to find his inner Jimmy Johnson this draft...

I don't like the first two draft picks at all. I want a LB, but Evans is way overdrafted at #11. That's an Eddie Moore like reach. I also can't get behind drafting the 5th CB on the depth chart in the second round.

Don’t want to see Tannehill in a lot of 4 and 5 wr sets. He’s best under play action with a good run game. Good defenses would feast on Tannehill in spread formations

Trade back a few spots from 11 to 17 or 18 and pick up a 3rd and 5th.
Then in the second do the same.
Then take bpa.we need youth and players that fit the coaches system.

Back
Top Bottom