My Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft

Pope Shula XIV

EDDSified!
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. I'm a 32 year old Dolfan living in Upstate New York. I'm not a big fan of Coach Wannstedt, but I like the signings of David Boston and Jeno James.

I always get excited every April. It's almost like Christmas (some years are better than others). I start my vacation from work the Friday before draft day so I can eat chicken wings & pizza and drink beers with my fellow Dolfans as we exclaim, "WHO? FROM WHERE???"

I've seen a lot of mock drafts out there and I figured I'd put my two cents in. I really like Phillip Rivers, but I don't see him slipping past the Steelers, and even if he did, I can't see Spielman spending a 1st round pick on him. I think somehow or other Miami will trade Wale Ogunleye to either the Bears or the Redskins. For the purpose of my mock draft, I'll say the Bears and Rosenhaus will work things out and the Bears send us their 1st rounder for Wale.

Here goes...

1a) (14) Shawn Andrews - RG/RT - Arkansas
Andrews would solidify the line either at right guard or right tackle until McIntosh is healthy. I know a lot of people are worried about his weight and his sinus condition, but this guy could end up being the best lineman we've had since Richmond Webb.

1b) (20) Lee Evans - WR - Wisconsin
If Miami drafts Evans, it would give us the most explosive WRs we've had in years. Imagine Boston and Chambers on the outside with Evans in the slot....SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!

3) (87) Tommy Kelly - DE/DT - Mississippi State
If we lose Ogunleye, we need another pass rusher to fit into the rotation. This guy kind of falls into the "looks like tarzan but plays like jane" category, but I remember that's what they said about Daryl Gardener and he gave us a few good years. Lots of athletic ability for a 300 lb. DE.

4) (118) Kentrell Curry - S - Georgia
A tremendous athlete that could contribute immediately on special teams and possibly in the dime.

6) (180) Grant Wiley - ILB - West Virginia
Not the most athletic backer, but has top instincts and the heart of a lion. After losing Hendricks to the Jaguars, Zach needs a backup. Would be a killer on special teams too.

7) (209) Jonathan Hadnot - G - Houston
More depth for the offensive line.

If our draft shapes up anywhere close to this, I'll be thrilled.

Any thoughts?

Take care all!

I would like that draft too, getting Andrews, Evans, and depth/future at the other needed positions... would make the team better no question and is realistic. Depending how many WRs are taken before pick 20 or fall, could trade down (maybe a few spots or to the 2nd) and possibly still get Evans. The Ogunleye situation and amount of WR talent makes it tough on mock drafts. Would have to be happy with a draft similar to this, don't think I have ever been so impatient for the draft and then the start of next season!

I don't think that Kelly's gonna last that long and of course I don't see the bears doing that anyway. But it looks good on paper.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom