My name is Jay Marino... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My name is Jay Marino...

JMarino

Starter
Reaction score
I have been a Dolphins fan for as long as I can remember. (About age 5, I'm 29 now)
I'm from Chicago (born and raised) and the family would gather around and watch the Bears. During those games, I would catch the hightlights from other teams and for some reason the Dolphins always attacted me to them. It was probably their colors. When I was 5 years old, I wasn't exactly breaking down defenses. I remember not knowing how the downs (4th down, etc.) worked.

Later, me and my friends got into Football cards, and again I see those colors and something just drew me to the team. When I found out the starting (HOF) Quarterback had the same last name as me....I was sold.
I immediatly began my infatuation with the Dolphins. When I was a little bit older we would walk to the Library and read books about the Dolphins, so I could learn of thier tradition and past history. I was such a big fan of this team and touted so many stats, that my best friends also became fans. (Dave and Jimmy) I have never stopped following the team ever since.

That infatuation grew stronger when Tecmo Super Bowl came out in 1991 (I was 11 years old) and I was able to play Nintendo as the Dolphins and beat on my friends. I still play that game today as the dolphins with the same roster. (still beat on my friends) When I was 13, I had my bedroom done with Dolphins wallpaper. That kinda give you an idea of how I feel about this team. I haven't loved or known anything longer than the Miami Dolphins except for some friends and family members.

That fire and passion still exsists in my late 20s. When we went 1-15 that was the season where I went crazy and purchased tons of Dolphins gear, shirts, shorts, hats and stuff. If I know that a Dolphins game is televised, I immediatly clear my schedule, buy beer and watch pregame, the game and post game every time. I tell the wife..."look, the Dolphins game is going to be on...if you are going to need me for something, please let me know now so I can get it done before the game. While the game is on, I will not be interrupted." She know's very well to not interrupt.

That's my story. Thanks for reading, glad to be here, GO DOLPHINS!

My name is Chip...

I miss the catch if they throw me the ball
I'm the last kid standing up against the wall
Keep up, falling, these cleats they keep me boring
Getting jacked up and sitting on the bench now
They forget my name ame, ame, ame

They call me hell
They call me Teddy
They call me him
They call me Ernest
That's not my name
That's not my name