My NBA Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My NBA Mock Draft

Boik14 said:
Gay has scouts drooling after his workouts. He dominated anyone who tried to guard him during camps. I have yet to see evidence to the contrary. Further why would Toronto pick a C/Pf type when they have both positions filled? Makes no sense.

Both positions filled? I don't think Loren Woods exactly counts as someone youd want to be your centre. Toronto has both foward positions filled with Villi and Bosh if that's what you mean but niether is a true centre. Evidence? look all his games at Uconn. Toronto needs someone who can score but also need a centre. Andrea has the hieght to be a centre but can pull it outside and shoot. Gay would be almost exactly like Charlie Villanueva is. Jim Calhoun even said that Rudy Gay doesn't deserve to be picked in the top 3.

MARINO1384 said:
Both positions filled? I don't think Loren Woods exactly counts as someone youd want to be your centre. Toronto has both foward positions filled with Villi and Bosh if that's what you mean but niether is a true centre. Evidence? look all his games at Uconn. Toronto needs someone who can score but also need a centre. Andrea has the hieght to be a centre but can pull it outside and shoot. Gay would be almost exactly like Charlie Villanueva is. Jim Calhoun even said that Rudy Gay doesn't deserve to be picked in the top 3.

Bargnani's game is far more comparable to Villanueva's. And he is certainly not a center. Toronto would be much better served playing Bosh at the 5, Charlie at the 4 and Bargnani at the 3 if they were on the court together. Bargnani is listed at 220 and thats a stretch. Half the PGs in the NBA could post him up. Mabey he will eventually put on the muscle mass necessary to play in the post in the NBA, but that is a few years away. For now there should be more comparisons to Peja than Nowitzki.

MARINO1384 said:
Yeah Bosh cant play center....21ppg/10reb/and when he was playing C later in the year 1.5blk. Terrible.

And Bargnani, a jump shooting big man, who isnt a defensive prescense is going to improve that?

IMO its Rudy or Aldridge and I think theyre going Rudy.

Toronto doesn't really need Gay (SF), if they don't go Bargnani they'll trade down to take either Roy or Marcus Williams. They need A)a center or B) a penetrating guard. Gay cannot play SG.

Boik14 said:
You may be thinking about roy if he falls past charlotte but imo he will not. And when that happens and Tyrus Thomas gets picked the spot in front of you by Boston, who does not need a SG, thats why i predicted Marcus Williams.

I know that the Raptors and the Bulls won't draft Roy and I doubt the Bobcats and the Blaziers will draft him either. That will then leave us with the Hawks, which would be our trading partner. The Hawks really want Sheldon Williams and we really want Brandon Roy. Like I said before, the rumor that is very strong states that we will trade Willliams and Head to the Hawks for Roy.

We have two SG's that are gonna be FA's (Wesley and Bogans) and I doubt we will bring either of them back. T-Mac is our SF because we have nobody else there that can make an impact if they start. Mike James wants to return to the Rockets and we are very interested in him. So if we can somehow sign him, then we will have him and Alston for the PG spot. So that then leaves us with nobody at SG and it would make perfect sense to try and get one of the top SG's in the draft.

So what do the Heat need to do to actually IMPROVE for next year? Seems we are a team built for now, not the future. Just wondering.

ChambersWI said:
Toronto doesn't really need Gay (SF), if they don't go Bargnani they'll trade down to take either Roy or Marcus Williams. They need A)a center or B) a penetrating guard. Gay cannot play SG.
He cant play SG but he does give them an athletic wing who can get to the hoop. A trade down wouldnt shock me a whole lot but I did this mock assuming no deals

Ace88 said:
I know that the Raptors and the Bulls won't draft Roy and I doubt the Bobcats and the Blaziers will draft him either. That will then leave us with the Hawks, which would be our trading partner. The Hawks really want Sheldon Williams and we really want Brandon Roy. Like I said before, the rumor that is very strong states that we will trade Willliams and Head to the Hawks for Roy.

We have two SG's that are gonna be FA's (Wesley and Bogans) and I doubt we will bring either of them back. T-Mac is our SF because we have nobody else there that can make an impact if they start. Mike James wants to return to the Rockets and we are very interested in him. So if we can somehow sign him, then we will have him and Alston for the PG spot. So that then leaves us with nobody at SG and it would make perfect sense to try and get one of the top SG's in the draft.
On the contrary, Portland and Charlotte love Roy. There's even more of a hometown bias in portland towards roy then towards morrison from what i read. Furthermore MJ loves the kid in charlotte. IMO Portland will take Gay, Bargnani, Roy or Aldridge; whoever falls to them. They have needs all over and those are clearly the top 4 players.

dominizzo said:
Raps will be selecting LAmarcus Aldrige!! They would like twin Towers in T>O

That's the guy that Chris Bosh wants them to take but I think they go with Bargnani. Either Tyrus Thomas or Aldridge are going to fall in the draft IMO probably to around the 7th pick.

Boik14 said:
Yeah Bosh cant play center....21ppg/10reb/and when he was playing C later in the year 1.5blk. Terrible.

And Bargnani, a jump shooting big man, who isnt a defensive prescense is going to improve that?

IMO its Rudy or Aldridge and I think theyre going Rudy.[/quote]

When did i ever say he couldn't play centre.He's alittle small for a centre but never said he couldn't play it?

If you ever watched any Rudy Gay games you'd know he's the most overrated player coming out of the draft.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Man, if Thomas slips all the way to us at 7 then I'll be one happy camper, but I don't see it happening.

I hope you're right though..

your a celts fan? sweet pm me we can discuss shiz nit.

dude that mock draft must have took time, it is put together awesome, thank you.

Boik14 said:
He cant play SG but he does give them an athletic wing who can get to the hoop. A trade down wouldnt shock me a whole lot but I did this mock assuming no deals

They already have Charlie Villanueva, who does that exact same thing. Chris Bosh could do it also if they ever get a centre and decide to put bosh at either pf or sf.

MARINO1384 said:
Boik14 said:

IMO its Rudy or Aldridge and I think theyre going Rudy.[/quote]

When did i ever say he couldn't play centre.He's alittle small for a centre but never said he couldn't play it?

If you ever watched any Rudy Gay games you'd know he's the most overrated player coming out of the draft.
Bosh is 7' 240. Hes as physically prepared to play center as Aldridge could ever be and imo Aldridge will never have the kind of game Bosh has.

As far as Rudy Gay; I can see you point on him being overrated and why you would say it. But that was regular season. During workouts he bested Brandon Roy and trainwrecked everyone else. He showed the kind of game NBA GM's want to see so ill stick my prediction of him going #1 to toronto and I think he'll make them look smart for doing so.

Back
Top Bottom