My Personal opinion on this QB thing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Personal opinion on this QB thing...

Miami_Dolphins

Believer
Reaction score
Ok, now i know i usually have an opinion thats pretty far out there, but here goes my rant on QBs:

The Great Debate: Brees or Culpepper?
  • Brees is coming off a much stronger year, but tore his labrum and has just recently stated he may not play next year. Mind you, he did say it was the "worst-case scenario", but you still need to think to yourself, "if he didnt think there was a chance it could happen, why would he mention it?".
  • Culpepper had one of his worst years, but wasnt exactly surrounded by talent. A lack of a strong running game, and one of the best WRs in the NFL (moss) will do that to you. Culpepper tore his ACL, a very serious injury. Culpepper may never return to form again, but his want out of Minny seems an indicator that he knows he can be a good QB.
  • Talent wise, Culpepper wins. He's a big, mobile QB that has great accuracy and a good arm. Brees is also good, but that arm injury scares me.
  • Eithier way, you should want eithier one of these guys. But when you break it all down, it comes down to this: What has more risk, a bum leg or a bum throwing arm?
Answer that question, and i think you can tell that Getting Culpepper for just a draft pick and maybe a player is a good deal.

WHAT!? Are you joking? Culpepper's injury is way more serious, and he isint worth draft picks.
Cant agree there. Culpepper is worth the picks. Why? Because he is still under contract, and we dont have to use cap money to get him. Money can then be spent towards other free agents (arrington, peterson, ashworth, Law, etc.)

Thats my opinion on that. Both QBs should be welcomed, you should just be happy we got one of them, if we do.

The Other Options
  • Patrick Ramsey- viable option, not much though. Could be a 2nd string, and a decent starter for Miami.
  • Josh McCown-good, young talent. Somewhat mobile, has some leadership qualities
  • Brian Griese-did good in tampa after sucking here. Coming into a similar environment if he comes back. More talent offensively could make him a good player here. Did tear his ACL i think, so again, a risk.

I have been a Brees supporter since the day the Dolphins were rumored to be the front runner for his services. Ever since then I have read every Drew Brees post,,Every Drew Brees article I could find. So when I heard that Daunte was also a possibility,, I was at war with all Daunte supporters. I didn't want him on this team,,no way,,no how.
Now that the week has gone on,,and more and more information has been released,,I have had a chance to sit back and look at the big picture.
We've been comparing stats between Drew and Daunte,,,whos has the bigger arm,,who is more accurate,,so on and son on. I have come to the conclusion that all of those stats mean absolutely squat. No one has can predict their stats after both of their injuries,,,they are now the unknowns. We have no idea how either one of these injuries are going to effect their mobility,passing mechanics, etc. We are dealing with fiction now and not fact,,does Nick build a team on what could be and not what is? Judging Nick, I don't think so. I believe only Nick Saban knows what his best options will be,,if he chooses one over the other or simply passes on both,,I will be fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom