(My Personal Rant) Leach to the Canes! Leach to the Canes! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(My Personal Rant) Leach to the Canes! Leach to the Canes!

Leach is the most overrated football coach in America. The obsession with this guy is runaway testimony to the inept football perspective provided by the media and carried over to bar stool and internet conversation.

Rushing attempts are absolutely vital. Frankly I get sick of posting it. There are example after example, like the runaway upset victories by Air Force and Navy today, and Wisconsin a couple of nights ago. Those wagers were frankly boring in their simplicity.

Somehow the typical forecast is pantyhose passing teams prancing up and down the field, one tippy toe touchdown after another. Tally ho. Whatever sounds good. I know I get in trouble every time I rip the Marino era on this board.

Bottom line: Leach rushed 288 times this year. That's dead last among 120 Division I teams. Only Hawaii was nearby. The third to last team was 40 attempts higher than Texas Tech. It's the same trend year after year. I've posted so many related comments on various sites, including tonight, it's ultra exhausting. In college football every year 73-76% of games are won by the team with highest number of rushing attempts. Subjective goofs thrill to dismiss that, the same guys who preferred the Canes over Wisconsin, Houston over Air Force and Missouri over Navy.

If you want to run the table you simply can't afford to stick yourself in the 24-27% category game after game with 14 rushing attempts or 16 rushing attempts and pretend you can overcome the negative expectancy and physical disadvantage time after time. Leach's reputation would be quickly destroyed at a top tier program with high expectations. All the weaknesses of his approach would be front and center, and many of the strengths nullified. I have no idea how he's viewed as someone who overcomes better teams with inferior talent. Leach has won only 12 games as an underdog in 10 seasons at Texas Tech. That's an extremely low number. In fact, it's a ridiculous number. Shannon has lost many times as favorite but even he has managed 4 upsets in only 3 seasons, in very few underdog roles.

Leach pads his record and reputation every season by tickling weaklings at home. Notice you never hear about Texas Tech until October. They are too busy hosting the likes of Indiana State and Sam Houston State. Sorry, this year it was North Dakota and Rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom