My Pre-Combine 2013 mock draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Pre-Combine 2013 mock draft

I have seen Bahktiari play for Colorado, my alma mater, and read reports on him in the Denver Post. He was really frustrated with CU, and being on a team that only won one game, but he played hard till the end, and was probably their best overall player. He decided to make himself eligible for this year's draft rather than trying to go through another rebuilding year in Boulder.

I too was impressed w/ Bakhtiari in the few CU games I saw.

Curious; do you know if he's related to Rudi who used to broadcast for Headline News?

i like taking care of the long dilemna. it takes balls around here. i like lacy too but do like mine better.

really dig wheaton since seeing senior bowl practices and highlights. thinking he will run a 4.4 40. go to his youtube stuff and check out the 10 meter dash in college too. screw getting mike wallace, this kid is mike wallace but maybe better.

i believe trufant blew off another player in order to get another rep w/ wheaton. wheaton blew him up for a nice long ball.

i like taking care of the long dilemna. it takes balls around here. i like lacy too but do like mine better.

really dig wheaton since seeing senior bowl practices and highlights. thinking he will run a 4.4 40. go to his youtube stuff and check out the 10 meter dash in college too. screw getting mike wallace, this kid is mike wallace but maybe better.

i believe trufant blew off another player in order to get another rep w/ wheaton. wheaton blew him up for a nice long ball.

I dont dislike your mock at all. I rather like it to tell you the truth. I think we addressed similar needs in a different fashion. I am curious though how others received it. Using some peoples logic we need to find 20 touchdowns from this draft or its a failure.

I would start w/F-A. I'd sign BOTH WALLACE and JENNINGS, as well as re-signing HARTLINE, FASANO, CLEMONS, SMITH, STARKS and BUSH. I'd also try to sign at least one of LEVITRE, KELLER and COX (prefer COX). To those who say it's impossible, capwise, I say "b-s". We're going to have to get rid of MARSHALL, a savings of $4.7 Million, I believe. And I'd move ODRICK to DT where he belongs (the ODRICK-at-DE experiment was a failure, i/m/o), and cut McDANIELS, saving something like $4 Million more (if I remember correctly). That brings us at/close to $55 Million , w/o doing ANYTHING else. And i/m/o, there's A LOT more that can be done: too many players on the MIAMI roster aren't worth what they're getting paid... so either they take less or good-bye. I/m/o, MIAMI can be c. $65 Million under the "cap", w/o hurting its chances at all.

And I would NOT re-sign J LONG, at any price. You can't dominate ANYONE from a hospital bed or the "I-R" list. He didn't even look good when he DID play last season.

As for the Draft, there would be no need to draft a WR. Nor a TE, although if we got an early Christmas gift, fine. MIAMI is in the AFC East, and that means N.E.. Until we can get at least a split w/N.E., we won't be going very far, i/m/o. Beating N.E. is "Job One". The GIANTS (twice) and BALTIMORE (just recently) showed everyone how to do just that. It's called extreme pass pressure. BRADY just isn't nearly as good w/o a running game and under intense pressure. THAT should be MIAMI's goal! MIAMI's already very good against the run. But the MIAMI pass rush has only WAKE as a game-changing playmaker.There are quite a few very good-looking pass rushing DEs and OLBs in this year's Draft class. So, DRAFT a couple of them. Use our late 3rd, 4th, and 5th Round Picks to move up as much as we can w/our two 2nds. And draft at least 2 pass-rushing DEs...along w/a T at either 2b or 3a, and a CB w/the pick we didn't use on a T. Our 7th Round Pick is for a "flyer", as PHILBIN and IRELAND judge best: ditto, any "compensatory" pick. I'm NOT interested in quantity: I'm looking for quality, especially at a position of true need, if MIAMI is to ever be competitive w/N.E.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom