My prediction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My prediction

Thundercracker

Practice Squad
Reaction score
for this year is 1000 yard performances by Boston AND Chambers, 1500+ rushing for RW, and finally a KR for a TD.

I say 1,000 yards by Chambers, 900 for Boston, 1500 for Ricky and still no kick return for a TD.

Jay will win the starting job, pass for 2900 yards, 17 TD's and 13 interceptions.

and we sweep the Bills again

I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Boston 1,000+ yds
Chambers 850 yds
Fiedler and Feeley combine for 3,300 yds - 13 TDS - 11 INTS
Williams 1,700 yds

JT 13 sacks
O-GUN 10 sacks

No KR for TD

Fins finish the year 9-7, miss the playoffs

ThunderCane said:

Boston 1,000+ yds
Chambers 850 yds
Williams 1,700 yds

JT 13 sacks
O-GUN 10 sacks

No KR for TD

You think if the team puts up those kind of numbers they're going to be 9-7? The Dolphins haven't had a 1,000-yard receiver from 2000-2003 and they've won 10+ games three times. And how often do the QBs combine for more TDs than INTs? You've got Ricky averaging over 100 yards a game, too. If the offense puts up those kind of numbers, I think they'll win at least 10 games.

DolphinzD said:
You think if the team puts up those kind of numbers they're going to be 9-7? The Dolphins haven't had a 1,000-yard receiver from 2000-2003 and they've won 10+ games three times. And how often do the QBs combine for more TDs than INTs? You've got Ricky averaging over 100 yards a game, too. If the offense puts up those kind of numbers, I think they'll win at least 10 games.

12 games I'd say.

ThunderCane said:

Boston 1,000+ yds
Chambers 850 yds
Williams 1,700 yds

JT 13 sacks
O-GUN 10 sacks

No KR for TD

I think your right on when you say that Boston will have more yardage than Chambers, but I would expect a better record, especially with those numbers. I would expect either 11 or 12 wins and a ver close race between us and New England for the diviison title and bye week in the playoffs

ThunderCane said:

Boston 1,000+ yds
Chambers 850 yds
Williams 1,700 yds

JT 13 sacks
O-GUN 10 sacks

No KR for TD

If the Dolphins put up these numbers in 2004, we will win more than nine games. I would say more like 11-12 games, a division title, and possibly a Super Bowl berth.

These are very good individual stats for an offense. First off, it would be a great comeback year for R. Williams to get 1,700 yards. This number isn't going to be easy, but will be attainable if our passing game and offensive line shape up the way I think it will.

I think the QB stats are a little off. A 3,300 yard season is above average for a QB and I think the Dolphins would get more than 13 passing TDs with those kind of numbers. Especially since there won't be as much double coverage in the secondary and this should allow for more yards after the catch by Chambers, Boston and McMichael. I think our QBs can reach that level if not more. The last two seasons the QBs threw for 3,001 and 3,069, so an extra 300 yards is reasonable.

I personally would like them to air it our more and get them to 3,500 yards. This may mean Ricky won't get his 1,700, but quite frankly this may be better. If we take the 200 yards from Ricky and give them to the QBs, Ricky still gets his 1,500 and he isn't as worn down at the end of the season. He'd be a wrecking machine in the playoffs as teams won't be as eager to put seven or eight men in the box to stop the run.

These are just some ideas of mine. I hope for a great season. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the off-season problems with Boston, Williams and Ogunleye. I think once the season comes everything will fall into place and the Dolphins will come to play.

Does anyone know the last two teams to go 10-6 and not make the playoffs? Philadelphia and San Francisco both in 1991. The next season, Philadelphia went 11-5, made the playoffs as a Wild Card and loss to the Cowboys in the Divisional playoffs. San Francisco went 14-2, won the division, a first round bye and lost to the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game. Not an extremely happy ending for either team, but the point is they came back the next season with a vengence and had good years.

I look for Miami to do the same. They have too much talent not to. They have too many players with dignity, self-pride and anger over their past failures not to do something about it this season. At some point they will ignore the public's opinion of Wannstedt, the front office, and just go out and play football for themselves and say, "The hell with everyone else."

A true Dolfan will accept this and support the team regardless.

I predict there will be exactly 16 regular season games...thats about all I'll predict at this point.

miamirick said:
I predict there will be exactly 16 regular season games...thats about all I'll predict at this point.

Thats a bold prediction! I'm gonna hold you to that one...

Ricky 1300-1400
Chambers 1000-1200
Boston 800-900

My predictions.............
Ricky 1300yds
Boston 900yd receiving
Chambers 700yds receiving
Fiedler starts the season, gets injured by game 6, Feeley finishes the season
Both QBs combine for around 2800yds
10-6 record
Wildcard playoff berth
embarassing loss in the 1st round.

Yes I think a team, suach as the Fins can put those kind of numbers and lose 7 games. It is simple, last year we had many drives stall outside the redzone and settle for field goals. In addition. teams can plain out score you. Yes the Fins have a good D, but they had plenty of let downs last year especially late in the year. The reason I predict a 9-7 season is our slow LB's. Team will attack the middle of the field and brake down the D. I am going by what happen last year and we did not improve our LB depth in the of season. Now that could change after June 1st. But until then 9-7.

Chambers: 954 yards, 8 tds
Boston: 576 yards, 3 tds

Ricky: 1400 yards, 14 tds, 5 lost fumbles

Fiedler: 1900 passing yards(then he gets injured, like always) 10 tds, 11 ints
Feeley: 1100 passing yards, 7 tds 10 ints

Back
Top Bottom