My QB Review (since 2002) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My QB Review (since 2002)

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
Well im attempting to do a review on the qbs we have had because im hungover and dont feel like doing anything else.

Jay Fiedler- Where to start??? He was a mediocre QB that was helped by being paired with a top defense. He never did much to lose games but he did absolutely nothing to win games. I mean once in a blue moon he would get some nice drives. But i dont think it was because of his mind. He had a good mind as a QB it was the fact that he just wasnt as physically gifted as others. Overall Grade C+

Ray Lucas- pathetic. nothing good about him, ive seen high school QBs with a better pocket poise than this joke of a QB.
Overall Grade F

Brian Griese- It was weird when he came over. I think he was a talented QB back when we got him. But what killed him was Wanny's love of Jay Fiedler. They should have started Griese to begin the season and I feel things would have been different. But all things combined Fiedler eventually turned out to be the best option at QB that season.
Overall Grade C

AJ Feeley- Wow what a waste of a pick. Not only was he horrible he also threw something like i think 7 INTs for TDs in 2004. And if I remember correctly like 4 of them directly influenced the score so we lost. His only saving grace was the Derrius Thompson TD throw to beat NE. Again it ended up just being yet another mediocre QB coming to miami that couldnt do anything to make the situation better. That was the last year of the defense in my opinion being a stand up kind of D. And the whole ricky williams retiring thing effected everything as well. I think feeley was brought in here to be a compliment to williams and once ricky retired we saw that feeley wasnt good enough to lead a team on his own.
Overall Grade D

Sage Rosenfels- He was ok as a backup. He made some nice passes to chambers over those 2 seasons that he got a chance.
Overall Grade C

Gus Frerotte- Kind of a weird signing but he ended up being a solid qb over the long stretch for us. He did bring the best out of chambers that year. He was good because he tended not to make mistakes and he best asset was he ability to elude the rush and get trid of the ball quickly. He didnt take the sack he always seemed to find a way to get rid of it. He seemed to run the offense well but he was one concusion away from being a vegtable.
Overall Grade- B-

Daunte Culpepper- He was supposed to be the savior of the franchise. We ended 2005 9-7 and it seemed all we were away from being a great team was a franchise QB. Daunte had a season ending surgery the previous year but everything seemed to be fine with him. He went with Culpepper over brees I feel because the staff felt that a knee injury to a QB wasnt as detremental as a shoulder injury. Well another bad move by us. Wasted picks there was nothing Daunte did except for miss throws, get sacked and just contribute absolutely nothing for the team.
Overall Grade C-

Joey Harrington- He was bad at times and then great at other times. There were some games that he really played well in, Chicago, Detroit but then others he seemed to just make horrible throws. He was the guy that if you put his physical skills with jay fielders ability i think u would make a solid quarterback. He did win some games for us that year.
Overall Grade- C+

Cleo Lemon- What a horrible name. Not a bad game manager but just seemed to not be able to make many big throws.
Overall Grade- C

Trent Green- Well he didnt do much for us. Again we get a guy a year or two too late. He was 37 had multiple concusions and head problems but somehow we still managed to pick him up. He played didecnt at times but never really made plays were you said "wow". Well except for that block he made and almost killed himself.
Overall Grade C-

John Beck- So far , sooooooo badddd. He is like ray lucas. Just a gu ywho seems to not do anything right.
Grade F

Well there you have it. A whole lot of crap and a whole lot of wasted signings, draft picks traded away and all we have to accoun for since 2004 is 20 wins and alot of headaches.

Maybe Chad could be the answer but for how long. He is 31 has had injury problems every year. I guarentee he will get hurt this year. He just cant stay healthy. When he does play he is a great game manager and is extremly accurate. He doesnt do alot to win game but he does everything not to lose a game which is somehting that with our running game wuld be useful.

well good luck to the crop of 4 qbs.

I've always wondered how things would have been different had Damon Huard gotten the job instead of Jay Fiedler in 2000.

I don't see how Feely or Culpepper get a grade better then an F. Both were just awful for us. The team around Feely wasn't good but all those pick 6's deserve an F. Culpepper was supposed to take us to the next level and he obviously wasn't healthy but he definately didn't do anything for us deserving a grade above an F.

Jay Fiedler- C+
Ray Lucas- F
Brian Griese- C
AJ Feeley- D
Sage Rosenfels- C
Gus Frerotte- B-
Daunte Culpepper- C-
Joey Harrington- C+
Cleo Lemon- C
Trent Green- C-
John Beck- F

IMO some of these grades are off...You give Feidler, by far the best QB we have had since Marino the same rating at Harrington?

AJ Feeley won more games than Culpepper and you gave him a D but Pepper a C-, hell, Ray Lucas won more games than Pepper did...Pepper definately gets an F in my book. Pepper was arguably the worst QB to ever step foot on Miami soil and the funny thing is, he still thinks hes a starter in this league turning down teams.

So far my rankings would go like this:

1) Feidler
2) Frerotte

Throw the rest in the trash

I've always wondered how things would have been different had Damon Huard gotten the job instead of Jay Fiedler in 2000.
i agree... I think we would have gone farther with Huard. He was a better passer. Even Marino thought so.

Back
Top Bottom