My shot at the Heat offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My shot at the Heat offseason

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is the thread for everybody to project how we use our MLE & LLE, as well as possible trades. You can project the 2004-2005 Heat line-up here. Comments are appreciated.

I know I mentioned Mo'Pete earlier, but it may take the close to(if not all) of the full MLE to sway Toronto away from matching. I would love to split the MLE between Rodney White(SF) & Damon Jones(PG), then sign Keon Clark(PF/C) for the LLE.

Again, you're going to get some players worth the LLE for the minimum with the Diesel in town. We may be able to find some decent backups for the minimum. I am kind've into the younger players in the market, rather than the Karl Malone's and Toni Kukoc's.

My proposed Line-Up

PG-Dwyane Wade, Damon Jones
SG-Eddie Jones, Dorell Wright
SF-Rodney White, Rasual Butler
PF-Udonis Haslem, Keon Clark, Malik Allen
C-Shaquille O'Neal, Keon Clark

I'd be perfectly fine with that front 10, having guys like Beasley, Freije, Rice, Powell, Miralles(I don't think he goes to Europe now, with the limited depth), & so on going at it for that last spot.

Shaquille O'Neal:

act_shaquille_oneal-1.jpg

Position: Center
Height/Weight: 7'1/340
2003-2004 Stats: 21.5 ppg, 11.5rpg, 2,9apg in 36.8mpg
My thoughts: Nothing needs to be said, he's the most dominating player in the came. Case closed.

Rodney White:
act_rodney_white-1.jpg

Position: SF
Height/Weight: 6'9/230
2003-2004 Stats: 7.5ppg & 2.3rpg in only 13.7mpg
My Thoughts: He's an older, more mature Dorell Wright with a GREAT build. This is a guy who 2-years ago, Nuggets fans called the next best thing. Then of course, Carmelo Anthony fell into their hands at #3, and White was nothing more to Denver than a 8th man. He still has a load of potential and he's a lights out type of shooter with good size and athletic ability. He's the type of player you want getting the open J's with Shaq in the middle.

Damon Jones:
act_damon_jones-1.jpg

Position: PG
Height/Weight: 6'3/185
2003-2004 stats: 7ppg, 5.8apg, 2.1apg in 24.6mpg
My thoughts: Damon Jones was always known around the league as a backup, but that all kind've changed when T.J. Ford went down last season. Jones came in as a replacement and teamed up in the backcourt with Michael Redd to help lead the Bucks to the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference. His starting numbers were 12.5ppg & 6.8apg. Jones can shoot the 3-pointer & has a nice all around touch, period. With Jones, you'd see him on the floor with Wade & Eddie a lot. I actually see him as a better all around PG than Rafer Alston, from what I've seen. In today's Sun-Sentinel, it states that Damon Jones told a confidant that he is intrigued about the possibilities of moving to the Heat.

Keon Clark:
act_keon_clark-1.jpg

Position: PF/C
Height/Weight: 6'11/221
2003-2004 stats: Only played 2 games, but his numbers the previous year were 6.7ppg, 5.6rpg in 22.3mpg
My thoughts: Keon Clark is a guy who Riley looked at a few years ago, along with Devean George when they were free agents. His name also popped up last year in trade rumors, before he was shipped off to Utah. In 2001-2002 when Clark got a chance at 31 starts and logged in 27mpg, he put up 11.3ppg & 7.4rpg. Now when healthy, this guy is a pretty good scorer, a decent rebounder, and a very good shot blocker. He's versatile as he can play both frontcourt spots. He'd backup Shaq and/or possibly start ahead of Haslem & Allen. He's a low risk for the LLE.

I'm intrigued by Rodney White. Do you think it's possible to get him? Also Damon Jones would be ideal for us...he gives us veteran leadership and can also hit the 3.

Noodle Arm said:
I'm intrigued by Rodney White. Do you think it's possible to get him? Also Damon Jones would be ideal for us...he gives us veteran leadership and can also hit the 3.

Rodney White actually wouldn't cost us more than the bigger half of the MLE. Somehow, he got lost on Chad Ford's updated list..he's not even in the top 15 of available free agents. :down:

Keon Clark is awsome. That man can dunk. He would be a good guy to come off the bench

All he needs to do is stay healthy, which is a lot for him.

White will cost some coin to sign, somebody is going to give him their MLE based on his potential alone. I think you are going on a pipedream there.

Damon Jones is a downgrade from Skip.

Your proposed roster only has 3 guys that can legitimately play the 1 and 2, that is nowhere near enough. Dorrell would have trouble producing big numbers in college this season, let alone in the NBA.

I like Keon, but he has been away for a long time now.

Trading for Shaq kills the Heat long term and do you seriously think that team you listed can win the championship in the nxt 2 years? If not then trading for Shaq is a monumental waste of time.

We should definately pursue Rodney White....I hadnt thought about him before, but he'd be a great pickup to fill Caron's place and give us some outside shooting to complement THE DIESEL down low. if we can get him even after signing Doleac i'd be thrilled.

Back
Top Bottom