Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris versus Travis Etienne

Harris is great at catching the ball,he is more powerfull than Travis...and picks up the blitz a lot better.
Derrick Henry,Mark Ingram, did ok coming from Bama...
Zeke has been pretty good coming from OSU.
The only time i'd use a first rounder on RB,would be at the bottom of the first round..more years of control.
I'd never give a second contract to a RB....that's where the problems happen.
Agreed.

Those big RB extensions are almost always disasters.And even if the guy continues to play well it is just too much money for the position.

My feeling has always been to build a quality OL and then put good, solid B+ RB's behind it.

Najee is slow so I don't really like the Forte or Eddie George comparison. He's closer to James Conner or Alfred Morris in terms of footspeed than Forte or Eddie George.

He's improved his speed enough working with new S&C coaches David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea. However, the Crimson Bull is probably the best pass catching and pass protecting back in the country - especially when covered. It's easier for Clemson to get their backs open.

Defenses are focused more on game planning for Najee this year than they were last year. They had to game plan for Tua and all those receivers the previous 2 years.
The best pass catching back in the country is Gainwell, not pass protecting though.

The best pass catching back in the country is Gainwell, not pass protecting though.

Not when he's covered. Especially by linebackers like Patrick Queen. Najee Harris is.

Gainwell has only seen guys like that on TV.

Harris is great at catching the ball,he is more powerfull than Travis...and picks up the blitz a lot better.
Derrick Henry,Mark Ingram, did ok coming from Bama...
Zeke has been pretty good coming from OSU.
The only time i'd use a first rounder on RB,would be at the bottom of the first round..more years of control.
I'd never give a second contract to a RB....that's where the problems happen.
I think that's an often forgotten, but very relevant factor.

Another thing to consider is Etienne has had more fumbles. We already have smaller backs who have been having issues with fumbles I think Najee Harris is the better fit. And it’s not like Harris isn’t dynamic as a receiver, he’s made some amazing catches and YAC plays.

If Packy is comparing Harris to Connor or Forte I will take Etienne with comparisons to Kamara.

Agreed.

Those big RB extensions are almost always disasters.And even if the guy continues to play well it is just too much money for the position.

My feeling has always been to build a quality OL and then put good, solid B+ RB's behind it.

Yeah, you want a Kareem Hunt or a James Conner - guys who are good enough without being so good that you have to spend a premium pick.

Between Etienne and Harris, I prefer Etienne - partly because I think an OC is less likely to run him 20 times a game - but also because he's more explosive. Either is fine as long as he doesn't cost too much.

Yeah, you want a Kareem Hunt or a James Conner - guys who are good enough without being so good that you have to spend a premium pick.

Between Etienne and Harris, I prefer Etienne - partly because I think an OC is less likely to run him 20 times a game - but also because he's more explosive. Either is fine as long as he doesn't cost too much.
As for cost I will bet it takes our 1B. If we get cute and roll the dice like last yr he will be gone by our 2A pick. Unlike last yr where there was debate I think he will clearly be seen as the best RB prospect this year.

Between Etienne and Harris, I prefer Etienne - partly because I think an OC is less likely to run him 20 times a game - but also because he's more explosive. .

You won't know who is more explosive until the combine until they participate in vert and broad.

Back
Top Bottom