Nash wins MVP, its official.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nash wins MVP, its official..

bullseyeguy said:
I remember last year when he won, he had said that the award really belongs to his treamates, and without them he would be nowhere...

Do you realize that 98.5% of the players in this league would say the same?

Either Kobe dishes it out to other players who cant shoot or puts up 40pts he wont win the MVP. Media makes excuses either way.

Blueprint said:
Do you realize that 98.5% of the players in this league would say the same?
Some players say it, and some players mean it...I think its clear that Nash is the latter...I just read an article abotu Tim Thomas, and whether hed be back next year...In the article he talks about how he really wants to come back, because of how close the team is...He says its much different than any team hes played for...He says the atmosphere is like a college team, they all hang out together, their wives are all friends, and its more of a family than a team...

bullseyeguy said:
I just want to make a few quick points..
1. Nash doesnt play defense...Its in the Leagues best interest to have a higher scoring faster paced game...Nash leads the most efficient offense in the league, and he does it with perfection...
2. Nash comments about not believing it, and not giving it back....Hes humble, thats one of the reasons I dont understand how people cant root for him, hes a breath of fresh air to the me first NBA of today...I remember last year when he won, he had said that the award really belongs to his treamates, and without them he would be nowhere...
I agree. I love to watch steve nash. IMO he ranks there with Stockton and Magic as one of the most unselfish players to ever play. He is all about winning. It not a coincidence that Dallas got better when they traded for him or Phoenix got better when they signed him. What makes Nash awesome is that he doesnt to shoot to have a great game because just the way he dictates tempo, makes others better, and distributes the ball is enough. There arent many players you can say that about. Actually I cant really think of any player who could make a bigger impact on a game with out shooting except maybe Ben Wallace since he really doesnt shoot anyway.

MikeO said:
When people like NASH and DUNCAN win MVP, its a good thing for the league. It might encourage fans who have left the league and given up on it to maybe come back.

If you give the award to Kobe, AI, and other THUGS it presents an image that just drives MORE fans away in droves. And cements the reasons why fans have stopped watching this league.

Yet they Suns have a Raja Bell appreciation night two nights after he gets suspended for 1 game? What kind of message does that send?

Nash deserved it, I think Kobe is the best player in the game but neither LA or Pho had immensely talented teams around Kobe and Nash and Nash led Pho to the 2 seed while Kobe led LA to the 7 seed.

HurriPhinFan said:
Yet they Suns have a Raja Bell appreciation night two nights after he gets suspended for 1 game? What kind of message does that send?

That is why the league is a joke!

HurriPhinFan said:

Kobe's not exactly the cleanest player in the league either *cough*Mike Miller*cough*

5 voters didnt have Kobe in thier top 5. Now thats b*llsh*t.

I think there are some voters who will never vote for Kobe no matter what kind of year he has. I think Nash had a great year....he may not be the "most valuable" player to his team, but the Suns would have a hard time without him.....I still think the Suns would be a playoff team even without Nash though. I think there will be a lot of people who will never vote for Barry Bonds to go into the Hall of Fame as well......when your image is tainted it is hard to overcome this no matter how good a player you are.

Amars said:
5 voters didnt have Kobe in thier top 5. Now thats b*llsh*t.

meh. Kobe should be top 5, but I can see why he wouldn't go in the top 5.

There were 7 legit canidates Nash,LeBron,Dirk,Kobe,Billups, and then Wade and Brand.

Nash-Took a team who had only one other player from last year's rotation (Marion) to the 2nd round, and 3rd best record in the West. (Barbosa got minutes as Nash's backup last year, but had no where near the impact he has now).

LeBron-Got his team home court in the first round of the playoffs after not making it to the playoffs since 98.

Dirk-No Nash, no Finley, leads Dallas to a franchise record in wins.

Billups-Career highs in every catagory. Led team to franchise record in wins.

Wade-Shaq hurt first part of the year, 3 new starters, 2nd seed in the east.

Brand-Got Clippers to the playoffs. Plus is averaging over 20 ppg, 10 rpg, and 1 blg.

Kobe? He lead in the NBA and scoring and got his team the 7th seed in the playoffs.

Now don't say Kobe has a horrible supporting cast because his right hand man, Lamar Odom, led a Heat team to the 2nd round of the playoffs two years ago with an often injured Caron Butler and a rookie named Dwayne Wade (who also had injury problems), Brian Grant as the starting C, and the rest of the roster was Rafer Alston, Eddie Jones (who was the only other starter that was never hurt), Wang Zhi Zhi, Malik Allen, Jerome Beasley, Rasual Butler, and Bimbo Coles.

ChambersWI said:
meh. Kobe should be top 5, but I can see why he wouldn't go in the top 5.

There were 7 legit canidates Nash,LeBron,Dirk,Kobe,Billups, and then Wade and Brand.

Nash-Took a team who had only one other player from last year's rotation (Marion) to the 2nd round, and 3rd best record in the West. (Barbosa got minutes as Nash's backup last year, but had no where near the impact he has now).

LeBron-Got his team home court in the first round of the playoffs after not making it to the playoffs since 98.

Dirk-No Nash, no Finley, leads Dallas to a franchise record in wins.

Billups-Career highs in every catagory. Led team to franchise record in wins.

Wade-Shaq hurt first part of the year, 3 new starters, 2nd seed in the east.

Brand-Got Clippers to the playoffs. Plus is averaging over 20 ppg, 10 rpg, and 1 blg.

Kobe? He lead in the NBA and scoring and got his team the 7th seed in the playoffs.

Now don't say Kobe has a horrible supporting cast because his right hand man, Lamar Odom, led a Heat team to the 2nd round of the playoffs two years ago with an often injured Caron Butler and a rookie named Dwayne Wade (who also had injury problems), Brian Grant as the starting C, and the rest of the roster was Rafer Alston, Eddie Jones (who was the only other starter that was never hurt), Wang Zhi Zhi, Malik Allen, Jerome Beasley, Rasual Butler, and Bimbo Coles.

There were 5 legit candidates- Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Dirk and Billups.

Brand did not get the clips to the playoffs, the aqddition of the most underrated player in the game- Sam Cassell- got the Clips into the playoffs. Brand is an excellent player but they hadn't been close to the playoffs until Sam got there and as great as Wade is he was not a legit candidate.

ChambersWI said:
Kobe's not exactly the cleanest player in the league either *cough*Mike Miller*cough*

Did the Lakers have a Kobe appreciation night afterwards? :rolleyes:

bullseyeguy said:
I just want to make a few quick points..
1. Nash doesnt play defense...Its in the Leagues best interest to have a higher scoring faster paced game...Nash leads the most efficient offense in the league, and he does it with perfection...
2. Nash comments about not believing it, and not giving it back....Hes humble, thats one of the reasons I dont understand how people cant root for him, hes a breath of fresh air to the me first NBA of today...I remember last year when he won, he had said that the award really belongs to his treamates, and without them he would be nowhere...

I like Nash a lot but 2 straight MVPs puts him in a category with Jordan, Magic, etc and he doesnt deserve that, not by a longshot. Nash is not even close to the kind of player these two were. I like Nash, I like watching the Suns, but the MVP has always been about a player's place in NBA history, there have been LOTS of one year wonders or scoring champs that didnt win it, giving a guy 2 straight puts him in an elite category and Nash isn't good enough to deserve that. Jordan and Magic won multiple titles, they didnt just play a "fun-up-tempo-fan-favorite-high-scoring" style of play that racks up wins in the regular season but hits the wall against the halfcourt playoff style basketball.

finfansince72 said:
I like Nash a lot but 2 straight MVPs puts him in a category with Jordan, Magic, etc and he doesnt deserve that, not by a longshot. Nash is not even close to the kind of player these two were. I like Nash, I like watching the Suns, but the MVP has always been about a player's place in NBA history, there have been LOTS of one year wonders or scoring champs that didnt win it, giving a guy 2 straight puts him in an elite category and Nash isn't good enough to deserve that. Jordan and Magic won multiple titles, they didnt just play a "fun-up-tempo-fan-favorite-high-scoring" style of play that racks up wins in the regular season but hits the wall against the halfcourt playoff style basketball.
Youre right he doesnt deserve to be in a class with jordan no one is. But hes the modern day magic, the most unselfish player and the guy if he was gone from his team they revert to the Knicks faster than anyone else.

Aside from Marion, Nash's team is bunch of castoffs and patchwork no different then Kobe's. At least Bron's ownership goes and gets him Marshall Hughes and keeps Z. Not the best group but something. And for those that say that Phoenix could make the playoffs without Nash, look where they were the year before they drafted amare. They were without Nash that year too. They stunk.

Back
Top Bottom