National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

finswin56 said:
Sorry Stiches :wink:

It's ok, I call Akron bad this year, and Penn State average this year too. It's just harder to take when someone else bashes.

Stitches said:
It's ok, I call Akron bad this year, and Penn State average this year too. It's just harder to take when someone else bashes.
:chuckle:

Here it is, but I wouldn't call it credit.
UF Fin Kat said:
that email somehow didnt give credit to michigan for beating wisconsin...
Who else has Michigan beaten this year?
Here we go: Central Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, the aforementioned Spartans, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern, Ball State, Indiana, and... Vanderbilt.

None of those teams were ranked at the time they played Michigan. (Wisconsin ended up in the Top 15 after an 11-1 year, beating mostly the same group of terrible Big 10 teams and some big names like SDSU, Bowling Green, and Western Illinois. Following a familiar theme, the Badgers did not beat a single ranked opponent.)

yes but he went on and on about how michigan's only good win was against notre dame, but i think most people think wisconsin is either just as good as notre dame, or even better.

Stitches said:
PSU, is actually one of my favorite teams. I love Joe Pa. I was very happy for them last year, but I don't think many people held out much hope for them this year.

UF Fin Kat said:
yes but he went on and on about how michigan's only good win was against notre dame, but i think most people think wisconsin is either just as good as notre dame, or even better.
I think his point was that Wisconsin didn't do anything to prove that they're strong team. Great record, but average, at best, opponents.
I agree with him about Wisc. I think UM's has received far too much credit for this win. Had Wisc played OSU, it would have been pretty ugly, IMO.

I don't put much stock in bowl game results (those that aren't BCS). So, I would really have liked to see Wisconsin and Arkansas play in the regular season. I think that game would have proven a lot about these two teams.

finswin56 said:
I think his point was that Wisconsin didn't do anything to prove that they're strong team. Great record, but average, at best, opponents.
I agree with him about Wisc. I think UM's has received far too much credit for this win. Had Wisc played OSU, it would have been pretty ugly, IMO.

I don't put much stock in bowl game results (those that aren't BCS). So, I would really have liked to see Wisconsin and Arkansas play in the regular season. I think that game would have proven a lot about these two teams.

I agree, I think Wisconsin is one of those unknown teams that you really can't be too sure exactly how good they are based on the teams they played.

UF Fin Kat said:
Which MAY be true, but HOW good is ND? The only real team they beat was Georgia Tech. Which I am pretty sure is not in the Top 25 anymore....

Wisconsin's schedule does not tell us anything. They played no one out of conference and this year in conference only OSU and Mich were anything to talk about. I think the bowl game will tell us more, but Finwin is right... regular season would have been better. Sometimes teams come out flat in Bowl games... (just ask "the U" about LSU last year...)

UF Fin Kat said:

I'd call them equally pathetic.

finswin56 said:
In case we haven't had enough to debate :wink: , I'll share this.

For the record, you know I haven't posted anything saying the Gators would walk away with this or anything close. I think it will be a great game, and far closer than most think.
This is the most in depth analysis I have seen yet (although definitely seen through orange and blue glasses. I think it also does a great job in showing UF being worthy of the #2 seed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it REALLY long.
This guy who wrote this should make the BCS...:D

nutcracker-1.jpg

Have you guys thanked God for Ohio State today yet? i have.

You must except Jim Tressel as your lord and savior.

Back
Top Bottom