NBA Draft Lottery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Draft Lottery

FaninPatsyLand

Welcome to Fenway
Reaction score
Tonight is a huge night for several NBA franchises..

All I have to say is that if the Celtics get screwed again like they did in the Duncan draft, it's going to be devastating.. this team NEEDS Oden or Durant

I'm insanely nervous about tonight.. anyway, go Celtics

Memphis needs to get Oden. Durant is a great player, but Memphis needs a big man.

I've got a feeling the top 3 will be

1.Memphis 2.Milwaukee 3.Seattle

Memphis needs to get Oden. Durant is a great player, but Memphis needs a big man.

I've got a feeling the top 3 will be

1.Memphis 2.Milwaukee 3.Seattle

Oh, I really hope you're way off.

The Bucks tanked more than any other team in the league this year, and they won the Bogut lottery two years ago.. they better not land a top 2 pick.

Go Knicks.......no,no, no I mean lose the lottery Knicks. Man it stinks being a Knicks fan around draft time!

Minny somehow moves to number 1 Id be the happiest person.

Tonight is a huge night for several NBA franchises..

All I have to say is that if the Celtics get screwed again like they did in the Duncan draft, it's going to be devastating.. this team NEEDS Oden or Durant

I'm insanely nervous about tonight.. anyway, go Celtics
yep, I was looking at all the years after the 1997 draft in the Herald today. How the Spurs haven't had a losing season since, it is quite upsetting. Tonight is the night where that all might change, I think Oden is the real deal. BTW, We have a similar taste in teams. :goof:

The Bucks tanked more than any other team in the league this year, and they won the Bogut lottery two years ago.. they better not land a top 2 pick.

There will be a ton of pissed people if we win it this year. I am happy with 2nd really. The Bucks only tanked the last 20 or so games, we just had to many guys hurt before that.

I wouldn't say they tanked more. They did have A LOT of injuries.

Just for fun, here's my take on why each team is in the lotto.

1.Memphis-Injuries, and Youth Gasol missing the early part of the season, as well as Stro Swift, hurt the Grizz. The team was forced to play guys like Alexander Johnson,Lawrence Roberts (small PFs), and Jake Tskakalidis at C. Grizz also went on a youth movement, and it didn't pay off. Kyle Lowry (who I love) broke his wrist, and Rudy Gay was not ready to be a top scoring threat (like I predicted)

2.Boston-Youth, lack of talent, Injuries Pierce and Wally being hurt, but for the most part, the C's young guys are not as good as the Boston media is portraying them. Jefferson is great, but everybody else is pretty meh. Oh and that Telfair trade looks rediculous now.

3.Milwaukee-Injuries, Bad Coaching Terry Stotts never should've been head coach, and the only reason he was was so Redd would resign. Also, they lost 3 starters for a lot of the season (Bobby Simmons for the entire season). Before all the injuries, they were pretty good.

4.Atlanta (Phoenix)- PG Atlanta will more than likely lose the pick to Phoenix, but for years they've had absolutely horrid PG play.

5.Seattle- Past regime The Sonics had been for sale for a coupel years. In order to save money the old regime did not spend FA money, and spent draft picks on international players they could store overseas; unfortunately, both Petro and Sene decided to come to the NBA.

6.Portland-Youth, past mistakes The Blazers are a young team, but are also trying to recover from wasting several picks on HSers/Euros that were no where near ready to compete.

7.Minnesotta-Past mistakes Minny lost so many first rounders because of the Joe Smith fiasco, and haven't done much with the picks they've had.

8.Charlotte-Expansion Aside from a few injuries, Charlotte is still pretty much a team of guys with either 3 or less years of experience, or did not get real chances to play else where.

9.New York (Chicago)-Idiotic trades At first (note, at first) trading for Marbury worked out great, the other moves, not so great.

10.Sacramento-New system? Honestly, I have no idea. The main thing I can think of is these guys wee so used to the high post offense, they had a difficulty adjusting to the new system.

11.Indiana (Atlanta)-Past mistakes, PG play, neglecting draft Giving up a draft pick for Harrington, not resigning Peja, and the whole Artest fiasco are coming back to bite the Pacers. Plus, Tinsley is never healthy, Armstrong is 38, and Green/McCleod can't shoot so no production from the PG spot. The fact that the only draft pick they've made that is contributing heavily (sans Tinsley) is Danny Granger (who is good), the Pacers need to rethink they're draft strategies.

12.Philly-AI and CWebb When they had AI and CWebb, they dug themselves quite a hole. BUT, after getting rid of those 2 the 6ers played .500 ball. Even better, they have 3 1st round picks this year.

13.New Orleans-Youth/injuries/conference tough conference, West/Paul/Peja all missed a lot of time, and they're still young.

14.LA Clippers-Tough conference, PG play, road struggles Livingston and Cassell struggled throughout the year, and the Clips just couldn't win on the road.

BTW, either tonight or tomarrow, I'll have my first mock up for the NBA.

2.Boston-Youth, lack of talent, Injuries Pierce and Wally being hurt, but for the most part, the C's young guys are not as good as the Boston media is portraying them. Jefferson is great, but everybody else is pretty meh. Oh and that Telfair trade looks rediculous now.
Delonte West's injury also played a major role in the failure.

I just disagree with this assessment. In my opinion, the young guys are as good as advertised. Gomes is an outstanding role player, and a valuable commodity coming off the bench. Green has tremendous ability on the offensive end of the court, but has yet to develop that same ability defensively. Rajon Rondo has incredible quickness, but is still so raw.

If anything, you missed the biggest reason why this team is in the lottery... coaching. Doc Rivers is the worst coach in the league. He has proven he cannot juggle a rotation of players and continues to fail developing young players on the defensive end of the court.

Coaching was by far the biggest reason the Celtics had an abysmal season this past year.

Back
Top Bottom