Need help on Old Miami Mascot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need help on Old Miami Mascot

dolfan313

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey yall i need some help. I was watching NFL network yesterday and it showed our old mascot. It was a real dolphin and it was behind one of the endzones. Apparently it's name was flipper?

I told my roommates and they will not believe me (saints fans).
Can anyone find me a video or pictures of this old mascot??
Thanks

Don't have a link but it used to be in the open end of the old Orange bowl the first couple of years the team played there.

http://www.dolphinsinfo.com/facts.htm

Dolphins mascot - T.D

On Friday, April 18, 1997, the first "official" mascot of the Miami Dolphins was introduced. The 7 foot mascot made his public debut on April 19 at Pro Player Stadium during the team's draft day party. The team then made a "Name the Mascot" contest that drew over 13,000 enteries covering all 50 states and 22 countries. 529 names were suggested. The winning entry, was announced at the annual Dolphins Awards Banquet on June 4, 1997.
The club had a live dolphin, "Flipper", who was situated in a fish tank in the open end of the Orange Bowl during the team's early years, and "Dolfan Denny", who has prowled the sidelines for many seasons, including 1998. However, this marks the first time the club actually has an official mascot, one who participates in many of the team's programs in addition to his game-day activities.

IM having a hard time finding an actual pic, but its true there was one.

Hey yall i need some help. I was watching NFL network yesterday and it showed our old mascot. It was a real dolphin and it was behind one of the endzones. Apparently it's name was flipper?

I told my roommates and they will not believe me (saints fans).
Can anyone find me a video or pictures of this old mascot??
Thanks
yep i couldn't find a pic ether, but you are right.

alright thanks for the help if anybody can find a video or pic that would help too

elleand20flipper-1.jpg

ol' flipper was a fiesty one though... knocked up Elle Macpherson and it caused a public scandal, thats why he had to step down

Back
Top Bottom