Needing Memorabilia Help | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Needing Memorabilia Help

FINSTER

Dolfan Laureate
Reaction score
Hey guys, need your help on this one, especially those living in South Florida.

I've been to the area many, many times (I've a brother who lives near Deerfield Beach) but the last few times I've been there, other than the pro shop, there aren't many places to find things to add to my collection in my den (signed plaques, helmets, jerseys, etc.) I used to go to the Baseball Card Store in the plaza next to Training Camp on University ( it was the best!), but it was gone awhile back. Field of Dreams in Sawgrass is nice, but very $$$$$ (got a Csonka bobble head at Training Camp about $10 cheaper than I saw at F.O.D.)

I am headed to South Florida in mid to late July and will be looking to get a few things while there. Are there any places I could check out in addition to Training Camp? Also, is there a way to get into the main building at TC to get some pics of Marino's locker, the SB tropies, etc.? It seems alot of times it's been hit and miss. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Finster- the place you mentioned, the Baseball Card Store (later became Sports Collectors Warehouse), is actually still in business. I don't think they have a retail shop anymore, but they do have a web site (www.miamicollectibles.com) and sell on ebay a lot, I believe. I am sure you could contact them in advance and probably arrange to meet one of them to take a look at some stuff, or at least get their current inventory.

Outside of that, I don't really know of too much. There was one place in West Palm Beach that was pretty good, but I haven't been out to FL since late 2001, so I couldn't tell you what they have or if they are even still open.

Field of Dreams has absolutely astronomical prices on all their stuff. They do have some nice stuff, like a lot of good Marino items, but I couldn't fathom dropping that much coin on their stuff. You may want to just bust out the yellow pages while you are there and call around to various card shops, or even see if there are some card/memorabilia shows while you are there.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom