Never Trust Shifty Eyed People!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Never Trust Shifty Eyed People!!!!

ROCHESTERPHISH

Starter
Reaction score
JUST A THOUGHT'
GROWING UP IN AN ITALIAN HOUSEHOLD MY WHOLE LIFE I WAS ALWAYS TOLD TO LOOK PEOPLE STRAIGHT IN THE EYE WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO THEM.
ALL I KNOW IS EVERY TIME SABAN HAS AN INTERVIEW ON T.V. THE MAN (I USE THE TERM LOOSLEY), NEVER LOOKS AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR HE IS ALWAYS LOOKING AT SOMETHING OR SOMEPLACE ELSE.
I CANT UNDERSTAND THIS .
I BELIEVE THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THIS GUY, HE IS A BORN LIAR AND CAN NOT BE TRUSTED.
OH! GETTING BACK TO THE ITALIAN THING .. IF I DIDNT LOOK PEOPLE IN THE EYE WHEN TALKING WITH THEM, WHILE GROWING UP, MY MOM OR DAD WOULD HAVE BEAT ME WITH A WOODEN SPOON!!!!

:dolphins: :tantrum:

Pass the linguini and prosciutto. :eating:

Yeah Nick always has had that shifty slick oil salesman look about him. I was watching his "I am not going to be the Alabama coach" speech and he kept looking down, and you could see he was full of crap. A man would not have informed his coaches he was leaving by speaker phone. Saban is not a man, but he is a liar. Good riddance.

Seven Common Signs of Lying

1) No eye contact. Generally, if someone is lying they will not look you in the eye, at least during a certain part of the conversation. Normally, people make eye contact for at least half of a conversation, so anything less than this could be suspicious. One caveat: there are some people who will take great pains to make eye contact with you even if they're lying, simply to make you think they're not.

This also plays into the old "which way does someone look" routine. People generally are more analytical or artistic and when they recall/remember they subconsciously may shift their eyes to one side (and up usually) as they try to remember. As someone remembers the truth they usually look in one direction (try asking someone multiple question about what happened to them in their past to get them to remember and watch which way they shift their eyes then ask them a deliberate lie they have to make up a story to etc. and watch which way they shift their eyes....3/4 of the time...it's different directions).

2) Change in voice. A change in the pitch of a person's tone, or a lot of stammering (umm, ah), or throat clearing could indicate a lie.

3) Unusual body language. If a person taps their foot a lot, fidgets with their hands, raises their shoulders, turns away from you or brings their hand to their face (to touch their chin or nose, etc.) -- in other words, if they act nervous or uncomfortable -- it could mean they're telling a lie. Also watch out for blushing (or becoming pale) and increased blinking. Some people are normally hyper or quiet...differences in their normal behavior pattern is what to key on.

4) Something sounds fishy. Making statements that contradict each other, are inconsistent or don't sound quite right are usually part of a lie.

5) Overly defensive. Sometimes when a person is lying they will become extremely defensive, refusing to answer any questions and even accusing you of lying. This may mean they have something to hide.

6) Changes subject easily. If someone is lying and you change the subject, chances are high that they'll go right along with it. A person telling the truth, however, will likely ask why you changed the subject and want to go back to it.

7) Humor or sarcasm. A guilty person will often try to change the subject using humor or sarcasm.

Other generic signs:

1. not remaining still
2. covering mouth with hand
3. repeating a question
4. crossing arms or legs
5. giving incomplete answers
6. changing positions in a chair

Now that I'm done on how to catch a liar.....hmmm...what to do...lol

1) No eye contact. Generally, if someone is lying they will not look you in the eye, at least during a certain part of the conversation. Normally, people make eye contact for at least half of a conversation, so anything less than this could be suspicious. One caveat: there are some people who will take great pains to make eye contact with you even if they're lying, simply to make you think they're not.

This also plays into the old "which way does someone look" routine. People generally are more analytical or artistic and when they recall/remember they subconsciously may shift their eyes to one side (and up usually) as they try to remember. As someone remembers the truth they usually look in one direction (try asking someone multiple question about what happened to them in their past to get them to remember and watch which way they shift their eyes then ask them a deliberate lie they have to make up a story to etc. and watch which way they shift their eyes....3/4 of the time...it's different directions).

2) Change in voice. A change in the pitch of a person's tone, or a lot of stammering (umm, ah), or throat clearing could indicate a lie.

3) Unusual body language. If a person taps their foot a lot, fidgets with their hands, raises their shoulders, turns away from you or brings their hand to their face (to touch their chin or nose, etc.) -- in other words, if they act nervous or uncomfortable -- it could mean they're telling a lie. Also watch out for blushing (or becoming pale) and increased blinking. Some people are normally hyper or quiet...differences in their normal behavior pattern is what to key on.

4) Something sounds fishy. Making statements that contradict each other, are inconsistent or don't sound quite right are usually part of a lie.

5) Overly defensive. Sometimes when a person is lying they will become extremely defensive, refusing to answer any questions and even accusing you of lying. This may mean they have something to hide.

6) Changes subject easily. If someone is lying and you change the subject, chances are high that they'll go right along with it. A person telling the truth, however, will likely ask why you changed the subject and want to go back to it.

7) Humor or sarcasm. A guilty person will often try to change the subject using humor or sarcasm.

Other generic signs:

1. not remaining still
3. repeating a question
4. crossing arms or legs

Great read Bond....james bond

Other generic signs:

1. not remaining still
3. repeating a question
4. crossing arms or legs

VERY NICE!!!

Back
Top Bottom