New MOCK DRAFT 4/18 - looking good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New MOCK DRAFT 4/18 - looking good

HEDAZHELAS24

The Man with the Plan
Reaction score
I wanted to hear some opinions. I know a couple of these guys might get picked up before but here is what I've got. What do ya think? I tried to put down some things I think that aren't obvious..

It kinda resembles the NY Jets draft two years ago which I liked..

Miami Dolphins' Draft

1. Jake Long OT Michigan (young line to develop..Long Nicks Satele Smiley Carey)
2a. Antoine Cason CB Arizona (great in zone schemes.. real competitive and athletic)
2b. Carl Nicks OT Nebraska (could plug in at G quickly)
3. Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt ( leader.. has big games.. real smart)
4. Jason Jones OLB Eastern Michigan ( kinda resembles Rosevelt Colvin.. project)
6a. J Lemon LB Illinois (solid leader and intangibles..could replace ZT)
6b. Fernando Velasco C Georgia (big time locker room guy/leader.. played G too)
7a. Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee ( once again intangibles..poor man's Bob Sanders)
7b.Kyle Wright QB Miami ( had to take one so why not the 2002 HS QB of the YR)

Alot of big time competitors that were leaders and captains in college, and you can see for the most part played in big games at big schools against big time players on the other side of the ball. I just did this and am becoming more and more of a fan of it everytime I pull it up.

I wanted to hear some opinions. I know a couple of these guys might get picked up before but here is what I've got. What do ya think? I tried to put down some things I think that aren't obvious..

It kinda resembles the NY Jets draft two years ago which I liked..

Miami Dolphins' Draft

1. Jake Long OT Michigan (young line to develop..Long Nicks Satele Smiley Carey)
2a. Antoine Cason CB Arizona (great in zone schemes.. real competitive and athletic)
2b. Carl Nicks OT Nebraska (could plug in at G quickly)
3. Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt ( leader.. has big games.. real smart)
4. Jason Jones OLB Eastern Michigan ( kinda resembles Rosevelt Colvin.. project)
6a. J Lemon LB Illinois (solid leader and intangibles..could replace ZT)
6b. Fernando Velasco C Georgia (big time locker room guy/leader.. played G too)
7a. Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee ( once again intangibles..poor man's Bob Sanders)
7b.Kyle Wright QB Miami ( had to take one so why not the 2002 HS QB of the YR)

Alot of big time competitors that were leaders and captains in college, and you can see for the most part played in big games at big schools against big time players on the other side of the ball. I just did this and am becoming more and more of a fan of it everytime I pull it up.

Love it! Especially Earl Bennett, I didn't have him in my draft simply because I think many teams have him earmarked and are going to take him in the 3rd. Only one I don't like is Kyle Wright, watched him many times, always got the feeling he just gets overwhelmed. Overall, I would love to see this. :up:

Sorry, any draft w/o a QB in the first 4 picks gets an F. We will draft a QB on day 1.

We have so many holes, and with this kind of deep draft I say plug everything else for the 2 qbs on our roster.. and believe in JOHN BECK! He is a smart kid that can play.. let him develop and bulk up. I really wanted to take one in the second and then the third and then the fourth but there our TOO many better players out there than the QBs in this class.

Oh yea and if that does work out.. I am on the bandwagon for..

2010 NFL DRAFT - Top Quarterback Prospect - Matthew Stafford QB GEORGIA to be our savior.

and if you are a MUST TAKE QB guy than substitute Flacco/Henne for Nicks in the second round. I dont think Flacco will still be there or he would have been my pick, and I dont think Henne is the answer.. happy?

Back
Top Bottom