New mock draft: Cutler falling at 17? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New mock draft: Cutler falling at 17?

If Cutler is at 16 and Miami doesn't hold him ransom to the Vikings using the Cowboys or Broncos as competitors, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Jimmy James said:
If Cutler is at 16 and Miami doesn't hold him ransom to the Vikings using the Cowboys or Broncos as competitors, I'll be sorely disappointed.

My thoughts exactly.

we really dont need a qb in the first round and cutler is one of the most overated prospects in this draft atleast thats what i think

If he is drafted 17th I think that is more of his true draft position than many are speculating. Based on what Cutler has done he should not be a top 10 pick.

aquawave said:
So Todd McShay is having us passing on Jay Cutler and picking Santonio Holmes instead....is that possible???

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2412607&univLogin02=stateChanged

There are a few mocks out now that have Cutler going to the Vikings at 17. IDK if he will fall that far, but I DO fear that it is possible if he is there at 16 we pass on him, or take him and trade him (but more likely pass). It greatly dissappoints me too. I wish, if he were there, that we'd take him and let him learn behind Culpepper. I'm STILL not sold on Daunte. I was never a fan BEFORE his injury, and I'm definately not a fan now that he is our apparent QB for the next 5+ years. I just don't think he is that good, he was WRETCHED last year BEFORE the injury, plus we don't even know how well he will bounce back from it. I PRAY that I am wrong about him, but again, we have just signed someone else's "damaged goods" and "refuse". I am STILL waiting for us to make that damn commitment and DRAFT a QB to be our future franchise guy. I'm perfectly fine with Daunte being here if it means we are taking a guy this year or next to learn from him, but all indications are that Daunte is our new franchise QB, and I just don't like it. He's another "temporary fix" in my eyes, which is ALL we've had since Marino left. All the reports on Culter say he is the second coming of Bret Farve, in two years. So I want to draft him (assuming he falls to us) and let him sit those 2 years and absorb everything he can mentally, since we know he has the physical talents down and his decision-making is what needs work. Let him learn for 2, hell, even THREE years, behind Daunte, then pass the reigns to him and have Daunte either move to backup, which would be a very valuable backup (should he still be able to effectively play) or trade him away.

BOOOOO for Cutler!!! if he is there use him as trade bait!!!!

I cant believe people actually think he falls to 17. Come on guys!
Cutler does not make it past Arizona or Oakland. Give the Cutler threads a rest.
:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom