New NFLDraftCountdown Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New NFLDraftCountdown Mock

Wow...and I was called a homer for saying we should take Hester in the 4th, and here he is in this mock, not even close to falling to our 3rd round pick.

I also agree we'd take Scott in the 3rd. I think we'd go defense with the first pick though.

I'm also starting to like Santonio more than Jackson (although I wouldn't mind either). I think he will be able to contribute right away. He just seems like he will be solid for a long time in the league like a McCardell type. As opposed to Jackson who could be great or could be one of those guys that never gets it together. That was probably Denver's thinking when they traded up. If Phily and Denver take those two then the talent drops off significantly after that.

Yeah I'm not too excited about Holmes in the 1st. I think he'll be a good player in the NFL and thats not the problem, my problem is...
1. We are very weak at both safety spots and we could use a guy like Whitner or Allen to fill that spot.
2. If Wimbley falls to our spot, we have to strongly consider him.
3. I would much rather see us trade out of 16 to move down somewhere in the mid 20's and pick up some extra picks and maybe draft a Jimmy Williams, Jason Allen, or Donte Whitner if they were to fall to that pick.

Ideal situation would be to trade down and pick up a second or third and still get a LB like Carpenter or Lawson. IMO they are very underrated because they played beside AJ Hawk and Mario Williams. I know,I know this will be next to impossible unless Ngata, Bunkley ,Huff ,Justice or Young fall to us at 16 , and in that case why not just take one of them. There are some very good LB that look to be avail. in the 3rd. If both Holmes and Jackson are gone and nobody big drops I think the only thing to do is draft BDBA and fill the other needs later in the draft.

I'd hope we don't take Croyle in the 3rd I'd be very disapointed being all the holes we need to fill. Not high on Croyle, reminds me of the Detmer's.
If we take Holmes in the 1st according to this mock I'd rather have Chris Gocong or Jeremy Trueblood or Alan Zemaitis or Victor Adeyanju in the 3rd rather than Croyle.
If we don't take a reciever in the 1st I'd like Greg Jennings WR in the 3rd.

I like the Santonio pick, but I think Saban could go defense in the middle rounds.

Back
Top Bottom