New Sports Radio Station | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Sports Radio Station

finzfan4life

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just wanted to tell everyone, there is a new sports station on the air now. I will be going to work for them starting next monday. Its wffl "THE FAN" 1400 AM. So everyone that likes listening to sports shows, listen in to 1400. They just went on the air last monday. Just wanted all my fellow dolfans to know about it.

finzfan4life said:
Just wanted to tell everyone, there is a new sports station on the air now. I will be going to work for them starting next monday. Its wffl "THE FAN" 1400 AM. So everyone that likes listening to sports shows, listen in to 1400. They just went on the air last monday. Just wanted all my fellow dolfans to know about it.

I've herd of a new station coming to town. The Fan tried once (back then it was 1700 the fan), and they actually had some decent hosts, one being John Renshaw, and another was Jorge Sedano. But then again the radio station could not compete, and at that time there was only one competitor, now there are two for them to try and steal some ratings from.

during Prime time they will have to contend with Hank, and Jorge!

good luck to them though.

i personally dont like wqam. Up until like 3 they talk nonsports stuff. I will try the fan while i am here.

Thank god for 740 the team in orlando. Its much better.

Yes, it's in south florida. The radio station is off mcnabb road. I'm hoping we can push wqam for there money. :tongue: :tongue:

finzfan4life said:
Can us out-of-towners listen on the Net. I am not a big fan of WQAM. Who is the guy on at Noon. I tune it at lunch and he NEVER talks sports. Am I just tuning at bad times or what?

pigskinguy said:
Can us out-of-towners listen on the Net. I am not a big fan of WQAM. Who is the guy on at Noon. I tune it at lunch and he NEVER talks sports. Am I just tuning at bad times or what?

Neil Rodgers. He doesn't do sports.

pigskinguy said:
Then why is he on a sports talk radio station? :huh: Is he popular done there?

He is very popular all across the country. One of the first to push the limits of what can be said on the radio.

I hardly ever listen to him, and really don't care for his show, but he is the reason, and I mean the main reason why WQAM makes a lot of money. His ratings dwarf the rest.

Ozzy said:
He is very popular all across the country. One of the first to push the limits of what can be said on the radio.

I hardly ever listen to him, and really don't care for his show, but he is the reason, and I mean the main reason why WQAM makes a lot of money. His ratings dwarf the rest.
So WQAM isn't all sports talk radio, it's talk radio with some sports? What station do recomend an out of towner to listen to for sports on the internet?

They're bringing back The Fan?? Cool...I used to listen to it more than WQAM back when it first started here back in '99 or so. John Renshaw's show was great, he was a true Finsfan. I wonder what he's doing now?

Hey Noodle Arm, Jonny Renshaw is working in Kansas City for WHB 810. Its an all sports radio station that I listen too; being stationed at Ft. Riley, Kansas. He has said on numerous occasions on the air that he is a diehard Dolphins fan. His show is off the hook, however given that he is in the Kansas City market he covers all the local teams and very rarely covers the Dolphins. I provided a link just in case you want to check it out.

http://www.810whb.com/

pigskinguy said:
So WQAM isn't all sports talk radio, it's talk radio with some sports? What station do recomend an out of towner to listen to for sports on the internet?

Neil Rogers show is the only non sports show on WQAM. But there is no sports talk on the air in South Florida at the time of his show. Except two National shows, which are Tony Bruno, and Jim Rome. :rolleyes: That's 10 am thru 2 pm weekdays. On the weekends you can get sports all day, but on occasion it is a national show.

If you want to hear a decent show, and I'm not sure if this station broadcasts on the internet, but 940 am WINZ (I believe) has Jorge Sadano at 6pm eastern time weekdays. Jorge is a diehard Dolphins fan, and he is also on Fox Sports radio which airs late night, every Friday. He and John "The Freak" Renshaw are best of friends, and both were on the Fan. He was bacially a rookie back, and although his style is very similar to the Freaks, it is a bit toned down. He is a big up and comer in the industry. But be warned, he hates Wanny, and lets it be known very loud and clear.

If this new "The Fan" station is anything like before, I think it could be a hit. As long as they don't rehire the ever so hated Armando Salguero again......

SGT. DOLPHIN said:
Hey Noodle Arm, Jonny Renshaw is working in Kansas City for WHB 810. Its an all sports radio station that I listen too; being stationed at Ft. Riley, Kansas. He has said on numerous occasions on the air that he is a diehard Dolphins fan. His show is off the hook, however given that he is in the Kansas City market he covers all the local teams and very rarely covers the Dolphins. I provided a link just in case you want to check it out.

http://www.810whb.com/

The Freak often calls Jorge Sadano and they go at it for a minute or so. Man them two together were a real treat here when "The Fan" was on air.

And yes, Renshaw is a huge Dolphins fan, but another thing he is real real good at is College Hoops. During the season he dares people to go up against his B-Ball knowledge.

The new Fan would be nuts not to try and bring him down here again!!!

One question though, is he still doing Rapid Fire at the end of his show?

Back
Top Bottom