Newsflash: Randy IS NOT a great recruiter! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Newsflash: Randy IS NOT a great recruiter!

They still play undisciplined football, witness all of the penalties today.

That's on the coaching.

Hurriphin=Mrs. Shannon.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Loss to Florida (that one is OK)
Loss to NC, FSU...

Wins squeakers by Virginia, Wake Forest, UCF...

OH yeah, we smoked CHARLESTON SOUTHER!!

You left out that amazing win over Duke...:lol:

Don't get me wrong...I like our players...I just don't like the coaching staff.

I think we've got something good with Harris/Cooper/Johnson/Byrd/Spence/etc.

Definitely better than the last few years.

UM underclassmen have accounted for 100% of the team's passing yardage (1,437 of 1,437), 80% of its rushing yardage (809 of 1,014), 81% of its points (198 of 244), 84% of its total return yardage (766 of 911) and 65% of its receptions (93 of 142).

Miami's top five performers in terms of all-purpose yards gained this season are either in their 1st or 2nd year in the UM program.

8 University of Miami freshmen have scored a touchdown this season, easily the highest total in the country. Idaho is second with 5, while Florida State and Michigan rank in a tie for third nationally with 4 freshmen apiece, while 11 schools rank in a tie for fifth with 3 freshmen.

The Hurricanes lead the ACC in scoring offense with 32.0 points per game. Red Zone results: The Hurricanes are a near-perfect 29-of-31 in the red zone on offense, converting 20 touchdowns and nine field goals this season. The `Canes rank first in the Atlantic Coast Conference with a 93.5 percent conversion rate. Florida State and Boston College rank in a tie for second in the league with a 92.0 conversion rate, with both teams converting 26-of-28 opportunities.

Bill Youngs defense has only allowed 14 points in the 2nd half for the past 3 games and the past 2 games have been shutouts in the 2nd half. (That looks like good halftime coaching adjustments to me) Out of those 14 points 7 of them came in garbage time vs Duke.

We now have 4 straight wins, 3 vs ACC opponents (2 on the road).

Now, please try to explain again (this time with some common sense & facts as opposed to blabbering hatred for the U) how Shannon is not a great recruiter, why he cant turn this program around, how the coaching staff can't develop these young kids and how they should be replaced... good luck :sidelol:

How is hating the coach hating the program? I don't seem to follow. I like the players..I like our tradition, I just don't like the buffoon of a coach we have.

Was I "against the program" when I hated Coker? I guess everyone who was against him hated the team...according to your logic.

Like I've said ad nauseum...I put my loyalty to the program ahead of loyalty to the coach.

A players fan, not a coach fan.

How is hating the coach hating the program? I don't seem to follow.

A players fan, not a coach fan.

Although I wasn't talking directly to you: You really don't seem to follow well, eh. Let's take baby steps then. Being a fan of the players, who do you think has brought these "players" in and "coached" them. Given the obvious answer and the stats posted above, whats not to like about the coach(es)?

Undisciplined play..namely the penalties out there today. That's on coaching.

Why the condescending response? Just because I don't like your boy doesn't mean I hate the Canes...they've been my team for 20+ years.

They won in spite of coaching today, not because of it. There were some real winner play calls out there by Nix. If Shannon fires him and brings in someone like Malzahn, I may give him credit.

Bill Young is another guy I like. He just doesn't have anything to work with on D other than Spence and a few other guys.

Undisciplined play..namely the penalties out there today. That's on coaching.

And besides those penalties (with most of those being false starts to the backups who came in for the two lineman we lost today) we still executed very well on offense and especially defense, made the adjustments at the half and did what was needed to win the game despite the mistakes and turnovers.

UM underclassmen have accounted for 100% of the team's passing yardage (1,437 of 1,437), 80% of its rushing yardage (809 of 1,014), 81% of its points (198 of 244), 84% of its total return yardage (766 of 911) and 65% of its receptions (93 of 142).

Miami's top five performers in terms of all-purpose yards gained this season are either in their 1st or 2nd year in the UM program.

8 University of Miami freshmen have scored a touchdown this season, easily the highest total in the country. Idaho is second with 5, while Florida State and Michigan rank in a tie for third nationally with 4 freshmen apiece, while 11 schools rank in a tie for fifth with 3 freshmen.

The Hurricanes lead the ACC in scoring offense with 32.0 points per game. Red Zone results: The Hurricanes are a near-perfect 29-of-31 in the red zone on offense, converting 20 touchdowns and nine field goals this season. The `Canes rank first in the Atlantic Coast Conference with a 93.5 percent conversion rate. Florida State and Boston College rank in a tie for second in the league with a 92.0 conversion rate, with both teams converting 26-of-28 opportunities.

Bill Youngs defense has only allowed 14 points in the 2nd half for the past 3 games and the past 2 games have been shutouts in the 2nd half. (That looks like good halftime coaching adjustments to me) Out of those 14 points 7 of them came in garbage time vs Duke.

Now, please try to explain again (this time with some common sense & facts as opposed to blabbering hatred for the U) how Shannon is not a great recruiter, why he cant turn this program around, how the coaching staff can't develop these young kids and how they should be replaced... good luck :sidelol:

I've never bashed the U. Only Shannon. I hate America because I hate GW? I hate the U because I hate Shannon? Please.

Some points can't be made with statistics. From the beginning of the thread, my contention is that great recruiting, IN SOUTH FLORIDA, is not something that MOST coaches lack....there's a TON Of talent in the state.

"Good" recruiting from the U doesn't sell me on a coach. We play undisciplined sloppy football. We whine when a team scores a FG against us at the end of the game. Waaaaah.

I said in my first post, give Shannon more time, he might grow... but I point out that there are PROVEN coaches out there for the picking, and instead we promoted a "great recruiter" in South Florida. Please...EVERYONE but ****Er has been a great recruiting in Florida, specially in the U

They won in spite of coaching today, not because of it. There were some real winner play calls out there by Nix. If Shannon fires him and brings in someone like Malzahn, I may give him credit.

Bill Young is another guy I like. He just doesn't have anything to work with on D other than Spence and a few other guys.

Don't worry CedarPhin...
What I've been hearing here in Alabama...is that if Tubby gets to stay
at Auburn,He will offer the O.C. to Nix and Nix will take it to come
back home.

I hope Nix is on the next plane out of Miami. He sucks.

Hurriphin- Should the Gators be greatful and love Ron Zook because of the players he brought in? While he did bring in quite a bit, the Gators did suck under his leadership. You bring in a real coach, and he kicks everyone's *****. As much as I hate UF, I've got to give credit where credit is due.

Shannon can bring in the players..but can he develop them? That's the million dollar question. Wright looked great his first 3/4 of a season, then fell off. Let's hope we don't see more of the same.

Who else is going to get the stats?

That's like me saying the tires on my vehicle are getting all the miles.....

Hurriphin- Should the Gators be greatful and love Ron Zook because of the players he brought in? While he did bring in quite a bit, the Gators did suck under his leadership. You bring in a real coach, and he kicks everyone's *****. As much as I hate UF, I've got to give credit where credit is due.

Gator fans & Meyer better be appreciative of Zook, UF won the NC with RZ's players. If meyer can do it with his players then I'll have some more respect for him. otherwise he just reminds me of a new-age, arrogant and classless Spurrier.

Back
Top Bottom