NFL.com has a new four round mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com has a new four round mock draft

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
So I decided to take a look at it...

In the second, they have us taking Sam LaPorta, which I know would make some here very happy.

But we pass on:
OTs: Bergeron and Jones
RBs: Charbonnet and Gibbs
TE: Kraft
DT: Mazi Smith and Ika
LBs: Sanders and Campbell

In the third, they have us taking Edge Derrick Hall
Passing on:
TEs Kuntz and Strange
LBs: Henley and To'o To'o
OT: Morris and Freeland
DEs: Tuipolotu and Harrison
RB: Achane and others

I think that a lot of the players who are popular here... and who because of that are predicted to go early... might not be as popular as some of us fear.

I don't know if LaPorta is better than the passed up talent in this mock, but i wouldn't hate the pick. I think he's a work in progress as a blocker, but he might be what McDaniel is looking for as a receiver.

I personally like Kraft a little better at least in terms of fit. I think he has a chance to be a more complete tight end.

I don't know if LaPorta is better than the passed up talent in this mock, but i wouldn't hate the pick. I think he's a work in progress as a blocker, but he might be what McDaniel is looking for as a receiver.

I personally like Kraft a little better at least in terms of fit. I think he has a chance to be a more complete tight end.
If it was me, I'd go Gibbs and Tuipoluto there.

So I decided to take a look at it...

In the second, they have us taking Sam LaPorta, which I know would make some here very happy.

But we pass on:
OTs: Bergeron and Jones
RBs: Charbonnet and Gibbs
TE: Kraft
DT: Mazi Smith and Ika
LBs: Sanders and Campbell

In the third, they have us taking Edge Derrick Hall
Passing on:
TEs Kuntz and Strange
LBs: Henley and To'o To'o
OT: Morris and Freeland
DEs: Tuipolotu and Harrison
RB: Achane and others

I think that a lot of the players who are popular here... and who because of that are predicted to go early... might not be as popular as some of us fear.
Which players are you referring to?

It’d very hard for me to pass up on Sanders and Campbell both…

But Laporta would be nice. Kraft is picked right after. So it seems after that it’s a little more slim pick ins… Washington is my TE crush now I think officially but feels like no shot he makes it

An OT would be nice, just depends where we wanna go with that bpa at a position of need

I don’t like the pick of an edge player … just feels like we need to hit on some needs

Seeing a lot of those “underrated” guys sneaking into round 3 and 4 now. Ones we hoped had a shot later… like Daniel Scott, the safety

There is no way we take an Edge in the 3rd. I will fall out of my seat if that happens. I can see us maybe taking LaPorta in the second, but highly unlikely with players available that you listed.

I'm not following... what are you asking me?
”I think that a lot of the players that are popular here…and because of that are predicted to go early…might not be as popular as some of us fear.”

that

It’d very hard for me to pass up on Sanders and Campbell both…

But Laporta would be nice. Kraft is picked right after. So it seems after that it’s a little more slim pick ins… Washington is my TE crush now I think officially but feels like no shot he makes it

An OT would be nice, just depends where we wanna go with that bpa at a position of need

I don’t like the pick of an edge player … just feels like we need to hit on some needs

Seeing a lot of those “underrated” guys sneaking into round 3 and 4 now. Ones we hoped had a shot later… like Daniel Scott, the safety
I list replacing Ogbah as a top need. Maybe THE top need.
I can't see him remaining on the team after this year, and in my mind, if we can find a top Defensive End prospect in the third round, I am all over that.
D End is such an expensive position to fill. Finding a cheap one to replace Ogbah's 16m/year? Yeah... I'd do that.

There is no way we take an Edge in the 3rd. I will fall out of my seat if that happens. I can see us maybe taking LaPorta in the second, but highly unlikely with players available that you listed.
Yeah... I'd HATE taking LaPorta there. I'd much rather take a better blocking TE anyway.
A DE though... as I just posted to Travis. That one is VERY high on my list.

”I think that a lot of the players that are popular here…and because of that are predicted to go early…might not be as popular as some of us fear.”

that
Pretty much every player that I listed as 2nd round passes have been listed by one poster or another as... 'will never be there for us'.
Gibbs, for instance. This mock, and it is from a quality source, has Gibbs falling past our pick.
The Tackles too. A lot of posters swear that Jones won't be there.

I think a lot of people look at our 'needs' and panic... thinking that every other team 'needs' these players too.

It’s all just opinions, but I think a good tight end will be there at #51. RBs always fall some so there is a good chance for a top guy there. Tackle is different. Pretty sure at least a half dozen tackles are gone by our pick. Guys like Bergeron and Freeland might last, but I can’t see Jones or Wright making it. Interior OL should have a couple of top guys left.

JMO

It’s all just opinions, but I think a good tight end will be there at #51. RBs always fall some so there is a good chance for a top guy there. Tackle is different. Pretty sure at least a half dozen tackles are gone by our pick. Guys like Bergeron and Freeland might last, but I can’t see Jones or Wright making it. Interior OL should have a couple of top guys left.

JMO
The one type of thinking that I want to refute is thinking in absolutes... Too many times, people say, "This guy won't be there!" with absolute conviction, and I think that this is a major mistake in planning.

Yes... the top three QBs will be gone 99.9% of the time. As will the top couple of Tackles, CBs, and Edge rushers... but after that, it gets really blurry, and guys slide every single year. Sometimes it's a red character flag, or a medical issue... but many times a player will fall just because teams are looking at other positions... sometimes a player will fall far enough that teams will pass on that player just because everyone else did.

So I wanted to present this particular mock mostly because so many players in whom we might have an interest... did fall.

Myself... I'd freaking sprint to the podium for Gibbs. Yet many people swear that he'll be gone in the first. Likewise, the fans who are convinced that Jackson won't make it would run up there for Jones. I just think that a lot of people are psyching themselves out with negativity.

Here’s a 7 round mock draft from
pfn

BTW... I would hate, hate, HATE this draft. Two linemen, no RB, a pass catching TE, and a project cornerback. This is the very definition of my worst fear.

Back
Top Bottom