NFL Draft (could this happen) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft (could this happen)

Dolfan11

Perennial All Pro
Reaction score
So, with all the talk in the air. This is one scenario that could be possible, and I think it would be pretty interesting.

- Miami gives 1st round pick (16th) to Green Bay
- Miami gets Javon Walker and Green Bay's 2nd round pick (36th which is the 4th pick)

The 16th pick's value is 1,000 points. The 36th is worth 540 points. A 460 point difference, which is equivalent to the 44th pick in the 2nd round. The Packers said they want a 1st round pick which is what they used on Walker. He was the 20th pick. I really feel that this is possible being that he doens't want to be there, and if we can get a multi probowl QB for a 2nd round pick, we should be able to pull this deal off. Would you be in favor of bringing in Walker and taking the 4th pick in the 2nd, if possible?

i dont noe it depends it doesnt sound that great to me but its sabans system an after last yr's draft i will leave it up to him but saban wise i dont see it happening it looks like overpaing an he dosent due that

Green Bay isn't going to get anything close to a first-round pick for a receiver coming off a blown out knee.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Green Bay isn't going to get anything close to a first-round pick for a receiver coming off a blown out knee.

I agree. A reciever with a blown out knee isn't going to get 1st round picks. I proposed the 1st because we don't have a 2nd, and I don't think a 3rd will do. Or will it?

Why is Dan Marino black in your avatar?

That would be interesting. I think whether it gets done (disregarding what others may offer) depends on how much higher both Miami and GB have the players expected to be available at 16 rated than the ones expected to be available at 36.

Back
Top Bottom