25. Indianapolis 9-4 SOS .457
26. Baltimore 9-4 SOS .505
27. Green Bay 9-4 SOS .505
28. San Francisco 9-3-1 SOS .500
29. Denver 10-3 SOS .457
30. New England 10-3 SOS .505
31. Atlanta 11-2 SOS .404
32. Houston 11-2 SOS .495

As of right now we'd have a coin flip with Cleveland.

If Miami ends the Season at #11, I'd imagine a trade up scenario scenario to get an elite prospect would be in play.

In 2012, the following trades happened in the top 15 (excluding the RG3 trade)
Dallas moved up from #14 to #6 by trading their 1st and their 2nd.
Minnesota moved up from# 4 to #3 by trading a 1st, 4th, 5th, an 6th.
Tampa moved up from #7 to #5 by trading a 1st and a 4th.
Philadelpia moved from #15 to #12 by trading a 1st, a 4th, and a 6th.

Going by last year's draft, Miami would easily move into the top 5 with a 2nd or even a package of low round picks, which could be recouped by trading down with the remaining picks.

If Miami ends the Season at #11, I'd imagine a trade up scenario scenario to get an elite prospect would be in play.

In 2012, the following trades happened in the top 15 (excluding the RG3 trade)
Dallas moved up from #14 to #6 by trading their 1st and their 2nd.
Minnesota moved up from# 4 to #3 by trading a 1st, 4th, 5th, an 6th.
Tampa moved up from #7 to #5 by trading a 1st and a 4th.
Philadelpia moved from #15 to #12 by trading a 1st, a 4th, and a 6th.

Going by last year's draft, Miami would easily move into the top 5 with a 2nd or even a package of low round picks, which could be recouped by trading down with the remaining picks.

Umhhh who exactly is so elite MUST HAVE that would warrant this trade up?

I would say that Milliner or Werner could be targets for a trade like this, if Miami wanted them desperately enough.

I'm more excited about the teams immediately below us and their strength of schedule. If the chips fall just right we could move up to a top five position.

Never thought I would be rooting for us to lose the Jacksonville, but after watching the Colts tanked last year and get away with it and add the extra draft picks we have accumulated in the early rounds I I would love to see us lose out the rest of the season. Hopefully the quality pics would allow us
from this purgatory of mediocrity we've been talking for the past 15 years.

don't trade up...take the bpa pass rusher or wr that falls to you...could probably get the top wr in the class with that top 15 pick...all i know is this offense needs weapons bad so imo it should be the draft priority...

too many needs take the bpa

don't trade up...take the bpa pass rusher or wr that falls to you...could probably get the top wr in the class with that top 15 pick...all i know is this offense needs weapons bad so imo it should be the draft priority...

Agreed at most they should draft only for two position on Defense(DE,CB) assuming something crazy like a top prospect falling in their Laps doesn't happen. Everything else should be on offense-side with (TE,WR,OL) being the main targets.

If we are at 11 at Teo is still there, anyone interested? I would rather take the best DE or WR. I look at a guy like Aldon Smith and think if we had a young gun like him playing with Wake how much better our defense would be.

we ain't making the playoffs no how. just roll over and mail it in like INDY did last year. (playoffs/worst team/playoffs) right!!!

Agree...BPA all day. DE, CB, WR would probably make the most sense and theres a good chance one of those positions is the BPA around the 11th pick. Im with you though...we have got to get Tannehill weapons. Id be trying to get a stud in FA...and then drafting another WR with one of our top 2 picks. You add a Jennings/Wallace/Bowe and then draft a Keenan Allen and you certainly headed in the right direction. My ideal offseason would be to sign Jennings and Keller...then come out of this draft with another receiver in the top 2 rounds.

Having two QBs go ahead of us would be a big boost and help some guys fall down the board.

You figure Star Lotulelei is going to go above us. Probably Bjoern Werner and Manti Te'o. Probably Luke Joeckel. After that, it's really anyone's guess. If two QBs do go above us that would leave Matt Elam, Phillip Thomas, Dee Milliner, Jarvis Jones, Anthony Barr, Tyler Eifert and Giovanni Bernard shaking around the pot, with at least two of those guaranteed to be available.

CK would you want Bernard in the first or just pointing out some talent that would be sitting there? Just can't see us going RB in the first.

Of who you have listed I'd like Effiert, Milliner, Allen or Patternson. Maybe Jones,

no i would not take teo i've got a mike backer for the next few years and an expensive one at that...a good one too...and that said i think personally i can get almost the same level pro player in arthur brown a little later... only real difference i see in teos game is he's stouter than arthur brown at the poa...but browns a nice looking mike backer for a 43 and i think very underrated...

i think the smart play is either de pass rusher or wr with the top pick...regardless of if we add a high end wr in free agency...i think i can get my corner with that high 2nd rounder a trufant a hawthorne someone like that i think if you wait too long at corner the position will be picked clean...it will with pass rushers also but my goal would be to land my corner in the top 50 if i can...i would get nervous if i had to wait til the end of round 2 pretty much to pull the trigger...

i think you can find a wr you like late in round 2 if you decided to go pass rusher with that top pick...especially if you acquire a high end free agent one this offseason...but the position needs to be rebuilt...looks like the depth at wr has some quality though in this draft...

pass rushers and corners are gonna fly off the board...don't get caught sleeping

id love to see us take the best wr avaliable and sign a big name wr for him to learn from. Then go CB/DE in roubd 2. Jennnings Allen/Hunter Hartline Bess and Swope would give us a top notch wr corp for the next 5 years. It wont happen but I can dream.

Back
Top Bottom