NFL Draft Rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Rumors

I see a lot of scuttlebutt that says Teddy Bridgewater's draft stock is falling rapidly. I don't buy it, I think it's pre-draft misinformation.

You have years of college film to look at, and he was pretty dang good in college, I think everyone would agree. You're going to pass on him because he had a crappy workout? Yeah, right.

I'm probably not the highest on Bridgewater, but I think this is nonsense.

I see a lot of scuttlebutt that says Teddy Bridgewater's draft stock is falling rapidly. I don't buy it, I think it's pre-draft misinformation.

You have years of college film to look at, and he was pretty dang good in college, I think everyone would agree. You're going to pass on him because he had a crappy workout? Yeah, right.

I'm probably not the highest on Bridgewater, but I think this is nonsense.

I disagree. I think his stock is slipping. He couldn't throw the ball against air during his workout, and he had a below average wonderlic test. I think those two things combined will conspire to lower his draft stock. We will just have to wait and see how much that workout hurt him. I know I would be very concerned if I was a gm after seeing that workout.

Weston Richburg and Joel Bitonio are being told by several teams that they could be picked late in round 1, but that they won't get out of the first half of round 2. Both are seen as players who can start right away.

Taylor Lewan has conflicting reports. Some say that a few teams view him as being behind Zack Martin, but others have the feeling that he'll be the 2nd OT off the board behind only Greg Robinson. Either way, Lewan is gaining a lot of positive momentum in the last month before the draft.

CJ Mosely could fall on draft day as many teams feel he's really beat up and doesn't have a lot of upside left in his game. Some feel that a slip into round 2 is very possible

Kelvin Benjamin has not impressed during the interview process. Teams feel he lacks maturity, and the feeling is that he's putting bad weight on.

Will Sutton is back to around 290 and is showing the explosion he showed as a junior.

Weston Richburg and Joel Bitonio are being told by several teams that they could be picked late in round 1, but that they won't get out of the first half of round 2. Both are seen as players who can start right away.

Taylor Lewan has conflicting reports. Some say that a few teams view him as being behind Zack Martin, but others have the feeling that he'll be the 2nd OT off the board behind only Greg Robinson. Either way, Lewan is gaining a lot of positive momentum in the last month before the draft.

CJ Mosely could fall on draft day as many teams feel he's really beat up and doesn't have a lot of upside left in his game. Some feel that a slip into round 2 is very possible

Kelvin Benjamin has not impressed during the interview process. Teams feel he lacks maturity, and the feeling is that he's putting bad weight on.

Will Sutton is back to around 290 and is showing the explosion he showed as a junior.

I'd bet on Mosley falling to the 2nd before I'd bet on him going top 15.

With the WR's in this class, I don't know why a team would even bother with Benjamin.

I think Sutton has the potential to be a good value pick.

not buying the richburg in the top half of round 2 stuff...nah...not buying any lewan goes before jake mathews either stuff...am buying kelvin benjamin dropping...

Buccaneers Will Take Bortles at No. 7 but Unlikely to Trade Up

Updated April 17, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are one of the quarterback-needy teams picking in the top 10. After Josh Freeman turned into a bust, the new regime moved to bring in veteran Josh McCown to be the short-term starter. The Buccaneers obviously need a long-term starter, and they are going to target a quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft to groom behind McCown for a year. Sources have told us that the Buccaneers are operating under the premise that they won't be moving up from No. 7 overall and are giving consideration to whom they would target if they move down.

Tampa Bay also has needs at wide receiver and the offensive line to help improve the NFL's last-ranked offense from 2013. The draft class is strong at offensive tackle and wideout, so the Buccaneers could still land a player who will provide an immediate impact while moving down to get more picks to address other needs.

Lovie Smith and general manager Jason Licht inherited a roster that had a lot of holes. The new regime has done an excellent job of revamping it by bringing in a number of new starters and moving on from some bad contracts that paid players far beyond their value. Sources from other teams say that it is clear that Tampa Bay has upgraded the front office, coaching staff and roster this offseason.

One source told us that the Buccaneers will take Central Florida's Blake Bortles if he falls to the seventh pick. Considering the time of year, that has to be taken with a grain of salt, but the intelligent and hard-working Bortles meshes well with the new coaching staff. With his pocket presence and mobility, sources with the team say that Bortles is a good fit for Tedford's offense. However, the Buccaneers also don't believe that Bortles will get to their pick considering the Texans, Jaguars, Browns or Raiders all need help at quarterback.

Lately, there has been a lot of talk in the Tampa Bay media about the Bucs taking Johnny Manziel. The Bucs have shown a lot of interest in Manziel along with the other top quarterback prospects, so if Bortles is gone, they could easily take another quarterback like Manziel, Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater.

If a good deal presents itself, the team could move down. The Bucs don't feel the need to move up and cost themselves picks that could strengthen their roster. With so many good options along the offensive line, wide receiver and quarterback, Tampa Bay feels it's in a nice position to hold tight at No. 7 and take the best player available at one of those three positions

I'd bet on Mosley falling to the 2nd before I'd bet on him going top 15.

Interesting, we have a different view of things (again). Can understand why a lot are projection Mosley to fall (ostensibly because of injury history and wear and tear having played where he did in college), as I said in the other thread I think he'll go the other way draft day - if the Fins do get him at 19 I think they'll have done very well. Pre-draft is great, no one is wrong (yet) and no one right - so everyone's opinion could be equally valid. And we wont know who is right either on draft day itself or more often 4 or 5 years down the track when the player has either made it or busted out of the league.

Interesting, we have a different view of things (again). Can understand why a lot are projection Mosley to fall (ostensibly because of injury history and wear and tear having played where he did in college), as I said in the other thread I think he'll go the other way draft day - if the Fins do get him at 19 I think they'll have done very well. Pre-draft is great, no one is wrong (yet) and no one right - so everyone's opinion could be equally valid. And we wont know who is right either on draft day itself or more often 4 or 5 years down the track when the player has either made it or busted out of the league.

Health is one thing, but I'm more concerned that Mosley is JAG. I just don't see high-end tools with Mosley. I see a solid contributor, but I don't see a guy that's going to raise the level of a D - like a Willis or a Kuechly.

Four of Five Teams Polled Grade Manziel in the First Round

Updated April 28, 2014

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is one of the most polarizing players in the 2014 NFL Draft. Some pundits feel that Manziel is a contender for the No. 1 overall pick, while others believe Manziel could slide in the first round, as sources have told us in the past. With so much variation in Manziel's projection, we decided to sample five teams to see where Manziel was being graded and projected.

One of the quarterback-needy teams picking in the top 10 told us they have a second-round grade on Manziel. We also know that the Houston Texans aren't considering Manziel with the first selection. The only viable options for Houston are Jadeveon Clowney, Blake Bortles or a trade. Clowney is still the heavy favorite to go to the Texans despite the trade rumors circling.

Four sources with other teams told us that they have a first-round grades on Manziel. Two of those teams said they have Manziel in the top 20 on their big boards. One general manager said he is confident that Manziel won't be available in the second round, and someone is going to pull the trigger on him in the first.

Which team takes Manziel in the first is up in the air, but he should at least he should be selected on Thursday night.

Seferian-Jenkins Interviews Poorly; Could Fall to Round 3

Updated April 25, 2014

We've reached out to sources around the NFL over the past couple of weeks to see where they were projecting Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Some pundits have opined that Seferian-Jenkins could sneak into the end of the first round. However after checking with multiple teams, every team stated that they have Seferian-Jenkins going in the second round. They also said that Seferian-Jenkins could slide into the third round.

The reason for Seferian-Jenkins falling on draft weekend is poor interviews with teams. Seferian-Jenkins had some off-the-field concerns entering the draft process after a DUI arrest last year. He was suspended for the season opener because of that incident. A foot injury prevented Seferian-Jenkins from working out for teams at the Washington pro day.

With tough questions about his off-the-field issues, Seferian-Jenkins hasn't impressed teams. Conversely, other players that have had similar concerns (Jeremy Hill) and on-the-field performance problems (Logan Thomas) were able to make a good impression on teams with their accountability.

We've spoken with teams selecting early in the second round that need help at tight end, and they said they won't be drafting Seferian-Jenkins because of his personal makeup. They like him as a player and believe he is a first-round talent, but with his off-the-field concerns, they plan on passing on him.

There are plenty of teams that could use a tight end picking in the back half of the second round, so Seferian-Jenkins stands a chance of avoiding falling out of the top 64 picks. However, it sounds like Seferian-Jenkins hasn't interviewed well enough to prevent every team from passing on him in Round 2.

Back
Top Bottom