NFL Nation Mock Draft on ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Nation Mock Draft on ESPN

I'd take that! They said in the post that they used 2 very similar recent trades to figure out the value - and this deal was very close to what was done in the past.

If Calvin Pryor is available at 19, there should be strong consideration to select him. He can provide this defense with another identity. Grimes needs help and cannot continue to do it with no help in the secondary.

If Calvin Pryor is available at 19, there should be strong consideration to select him. He can provide this defense with another identity. Grimes needs help and cannot continue to do it with no help in the secondary.

We need players to provide impact NOW.

Pryor is a great player but doubt he would start ahead of Delmas or Jones in Year 1.

Also, Bears selected Pryor at 14.

This is the type of draft im hoping for Tomorrow, not necessarily Moses but the trade down to get their top RT on the board. Could be Moses, Koundjio, Bitonio, or even James.

Been calling it. Saints want to jump ahead of Eagles for Cooks

Trade with Saints to jump ahead of Eagles for Brandin Cook

Saints - 1 (19)

Fins - 1 (27), 2 (58).

Fins Draft Count - 1 (27), 2 (50), 2 (58), 3 (81), 4 (116), 5 (155), 6 (190), 7 (234)

1 (27) - RT Morgan Moses, Virginia - Day 1 Starter at RT, line complete.

2 (50) - G Gabe Jackson, Miss. - Day 1 Starter at LG, line complete.

2 (53) - TE Troy Niklas, Notre Dame - Easily #2 TE and competes for #1 slot with Clay.

3 (81) - OLB Telvin Smith, Florida State - Depth move that can either push Wheeler or take over.

4 (116) - RB Charles Sims, West Virginia - D. Thomas is gone and Sims slots in at #3, wide open RB camp battle with Moreno and Miller

5 (155) - WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers - Project big body WR, red zone threat Fins lack. 6'6 225lbs....nice.

been calling what??? a james walker trade down in a simulation :lol:

We need players to provide impact NOW.

Pryor is a great player but doubt he would start ahead of Delmas or Jones in Year 1.

Also, Bears selected Pryor at 14.

I'm pretty sure Pryor (or Clinton-Dix) would be an instant upgrade over either of our safeties. Delmas can be decent when healthy, which is never, and Jones can be decent when he plays smart, which is never. Also, I'd bet money that Delmas misses a lot of playing time because of his knees. Delmas is gone after this year anyway.

I'm pretty sure Pryor (or Clinton-Dix) would be an instant upgrade over either of our safeties. Delmas can be decent when healthy, which is never, and Jones can be decent when he plays smart, which is never. Also, I'd bet money that Delmas misses a lot of playing time because of his knees. Delmas is gone after this year anyway.
Thank You.

The Fish (James Walker) just traded the pick down to the Saints (27th) - they haven't released what was given in the deal yet....I think it makes sense given who was gone....Martin and Mosley were both right before their pick....Shazier might be still in the mix....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/125952/live-blog-2014-nfl-nation-mock-draft

I did a post a few days ago about the benefits of trading down....we would get the Saints 27th and 58th pick, and still have our 50th overall pick in round two. Hope something like this happens.

The point is moot, Pryor gone before 19 anyway, but he'd be an upgrade to Delmas immediately. Maybe not as experienced but dude hits like a truck, game changing playmaker. I'd love to add Pryor to the team.

i looked at that mock and saw what we did and IMMEDIATELY thought of JEFF IRELAND!!

just exactly what he would do and then take a player thats not even a top 5 rated ot in the draft.

reminds me of when jeffy traded down and drafted oderick when he had earl thomas for the taking and we needed safety's in the worst way.

we can get more than a 3rd and 6th for the 19th spot. and teams are getting away from the jj value chart [which i am glad]. this is where you find out if your gm is a horse trader or not. a good gm who knows how to work his opponent will easily get more. ANY top 20 pic has to include a second. PERIOD!! and then go from there. if the other team had a pair of 3rds to offer, then thats the only way i dont START with there second pic.

a 3 and a 6 and then take moses. yep!! thats jeffy. theres just to many great players, play makers left on the board to take without throwing it away for a position we absolutely can fill in the 3rd round.

Giving up #19 impact player for an extra 3rd rounder? NFW my friends. That's just over thinking the draft. MMoses could very well be a project. The better value would have been Shazier, or one of the DB's and taking an OL in the 2nd. Thank god this is not real.

Giving up #19 impact player for an extra 3rd rounder? NFW my friends. That's just over thinking the draft. MMoses could very well be a project. The better value would have been Shazier, or one of the DB's and taking an OL in the 2nd. Thank god this is not real.

People we need to remember that Philbin and Hickey must win NOW in order to remain employed.

That means protecting the QB and getting the best O-line NOW. Yes, obviously better value picks at 19 than say Moses or JuWan James, etc.

But priority #1 is to fix the O-line at all costs.

Sadly, this is what happens when a GM and Coach is given 1-2 years to turn a team around or hit the chopping block.

Back
Top Bottom