NFL Network: "Playbook" Analysis of AFC East.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network: "Playbook" Analysis of AFC East....

It will be aired tonight at 11 pm eastern(repeat).

ckparrothead said:
I can't wait to see if inFINS manages to get those tapes up and ready to go. That would be awesome.
I'll be sending them today or tomorrow. :cooldude:

I agree with ZOD You didn't miss a whole lot, all the host Solomon Wilcots could say is that the dolphins are good but not great. Don't let him talk about the pats though cause he is all over their junk. The other two guys (for some reason I can't think of there names) on the other hand love our defense, as a matter of fact they actually got more excited about it than most fins fans. So needless to say that was the best part of the show. They also said that the bills O line will need to step up in order to protect Drew, but we all already knew that.

NFL Playbook?

I watched the Playbook segement about the Dolphins, and all they did was put the Dolphins down. They talked about the other teams in the AFC. EAST like all three teams were going to win it all but when it came to talk about the Dolphins, they more or less said we suck. and didn't have a chance. because we only had Ricky, no quarterback, and that Boston was iffy at best.
They said we were a good team but not a "GREAT" team like the other teams could be, might be, or are. It was a real bummer to hear them talk down about the Dolphins. They said we had no offense line and that the quarterbacks were not that good, But they did agree we had a "good defense". Thanks!
They said that there was no way that we could beat New England, we just aren't good enough. gee! i thought we had a great chance to beat them last year if we hadn't missed those two kicks??? Anyhows for those who didn't see the show last nite your the lucky ones because all it did for me is piss me off.

I like the crew for NFL Playbook, but they really over looked some key things.

First, the kept saying "IF" Boston works out...but failed to mention that the recievers coach Sullivan worked with him in Arizona and they are good friends. They kept making it sound like Boston at any moment was going to go postal. Second, the only mentioned Chambers once as if he is not a key to Miami's O. Thrid, the did not even mention Randy McMichael as a weapon. And then they talked about Ricky's drop off last year and IMO where making it sound like he is nearing the end...then they did menton he was in the top 20 of RB's, I just laughed. The only thing the gave Miami props on was the D. However, they failed to mention the steal in Poole and how that really shores up the secondary.
The believe we did not do enough to be better than the Pats and made it seem they kicked Miami's *** in both games. When we all know the Pats won thoes in tight games.

Solomon Wilcoys can suck it! Put Miami in 4th spot, bite me.

To add on, Soloman Wilcots was looking for any way to bash the fins it seemed. He loved the Patriots as well as did the "draftnick" and the former "lineman". Mentioned that Miami is always "good" but never "great" and that is the reason why they didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years. Said Miami's offense is too weak, hasn't done enough to help out defense. Also defended his reasoning for Miami being last in diviison by saying that Buffalo's defense is better than Miami's and the Bills offense has the playmakers as well as the coaches on offense to improve that side. Wilcots basically pointed at Miami's QB position for the Miami downfall in his opinion for 2004. Wilcots had Miami as going last in the division with Buffalo #2 and Jets #3. #1 being you know who.

The lineman LOVED Miami's defense. Praised the DE's, Zach Thomas and Seau. Was NOT enamored with Miami's WR's, looked as if he forgot about Chambers though. After he finished talking about how Miami WR situation is not that good, the draftnick said the name Chambers and the lineman sort of had a weird look on his face as if he had forgot Chambers was on Miami. He also did not like Miami's o-line or QB. He said Miami does not have enough offense to close the gap with the Patriots and basically said that the QB, o-line and WR's will have to overachieve for Miami to make alot of noise. Either way, he had Miami finishing #2 in AFC east with the Jets #3 and Bills #4 because of Miami's defense. Also mentioned that the Dolphins, Jets and Bills wont be seperated by more than 2 wins.

The draftnick loved Miami's defense as well. Looked as if he creamed his pants when talking about Miami's CB's and their "trail" technique where the Madison and Surtain cut off all the short passes and let the safety take responsibility of the deep ball. Very excited about Miami's defense. The draftnicks main concern was AJ Feeley and the O-line. Said he watched alot of film on Feeley and said that he takes control of an offense by being patient and poised. Has the arm and smarts, still an unknown. Also felt that Miami's o-line is weak. Has Miami finishing #2 in AFC East with Bills #3 and Jets #4.

Very little mention of David Boston but the "lineman" did say something about "if Boston wants to play is a huge if" or something like that.

Wilcots said Buffalo's defense is better than Miami's, I have a problem with that. Sure, Buffalo allowed less yards than Miami did, but Miami did allow less points, less TD's and had more takeaways than Buffalo. The main reason why Miami had more wins than Buffalo last year was because Miami's defense is much better.

Miami and Buffalo both had terrible offenses and had the same amount of giveaways at 34.

Buffalo had 18 takeaways in 2003. Miami had 36 takeaways in 2003.
DOUBLED!!! Miami has more playmakers on defense than the Bills do.

Like I have stated, Miami's defense is the reason why Miami was able to win 10 games last year. The offense held everything back.

Buffalo has a better defense than Miami?? :roflmao:

I watched NFL Playbook yesterday and wasn't impressed. They did not have their facts straight. They said we got rid of all of our starting offensive linemen except Nails. It sounded more like a "bull" session than a team report.

Atfin4life said:
I watched NFL Playbook yesterday and wasn't impressed. They did not have their facts straight. They said we got rid of all of our starting offensive linemen except Nails. It sounded more like a "bull" session than a team report.

And they also said Miami should've kept Tim Ruddy so he could tutor the new center...Vernon Carey?? :shakeno:

ckparrothead said:
Yeah I have great digital cable that I can't complain about (except the prices) but it sucks that NFL Sunday Ticket and the NFL network are only on directv.

The NFL is missing out on a lot of revenue I would think. I would totally buy them if it were available on digital cable packages.

It is, if you live in Canada. Here's the real kicker, IT'S CHEAPER TOO. They pay less than $100US for the same Sunday Ticket package I pay $179US for.
DirecTV just re-upped the cotract, so there's no hope for you cable guys anytime soon. From what I know, DirecTV ponied-up a huge wad of $$$ to get the exclusive rights to lure new subscribers when they first came on the market. I'm sure the NFL would live to tap the cable market too but they'd have to reach an agreement with every cable operator in the US. That's not going to happen with the current market conditions. I know several services are thinking of charging ESPN channels as premium because the Bristol Bozos decided to put their rates into the stratosphere.

Back
Top Bottom