NFL Network top Free Agent list - Jake Long | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network top Free Agent list - Jake Long

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
21) Jake Long, OT, Miami Dolphins: Will a team get early-career Jake Long or late-career Tony Boselli? Long is a prime candidate to get overpaid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...free-agents-mike-wallace-heads-best-available

Maybe going into testing free agency will be good for Miami when he realizes he isn't worth what he is asking for, there are 4 Tackles listed ahead of him. Also he isn't even Miami's highest rated FA, Randy Starks is at 18

I clicked on this because I thought it said Jake Long tops FA list, but #21 sounds about right lol

He's definitely boom or bust for whoever rolls the dice on him.

That team that does better be us as I am not confident in MARTIN at LT and Garner or Yeatman at RT. That would look horrible and smells a recipe for disaster. Imo

He's definitely boom or bust for whoever rolls the dice on him.

He's not even "boom" anymore. He didn't play well the last few years even when he wasn't hurt.

He used to be good in pass protection, but honestly...what did he really do for the run game? I don't remember one real "pancake" by the guy ever.

i would love to sign him back to a deal that he is happy with and that protects us from injury. then he returns to pre-injury form. that sounds like a fan's pipe dream, and i acknowledge it isn't very likely, but about a million far stranger things have happened in the NFL over the years. i love having him on the team, and i think it helps us in more areas than just his play on the field.

Going at top dollar will definitely affect his overall value, especially if the injuries are the norm now. I hope Jake signs elsewhere and has a few good years left. I just think we can get better value in the draft, even at number 12. Hopefully Jake can fetch us a third or fourth rounder next year.

Long will be back. He is still one of the top LT's when healthy. I am sure that a deal will be reached with the Fins before the veterans report.
Martin has only proved to be a liability on the oline so far. He played far worse than Colombo did at RT and the only reason he wasn't run out of town was that he was a high second round pick. Right now, it looks like ireland blew the pick. He was flattened and pancaked early in the season at RT. Fasano was kept next to him to prevent RT from getting slaughtered. Fasano could not run routes limiting RT.
Once he moved over to LT(when Long was finally sat down with injuries), he held his own with help, which is not acceptable. Hopefully they can make him stronger and develop him. Not good for a borderline 1st.

On a separate topic, Denver has Clady dangling as trade bait. Why are we in danger of losing Long with 0 compensation? He should have been extended 2 years ago is the answer.
Ireland blew it again.

Back
Top Bottom