NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Sunday Ticket and Covid-19 Relief

El Calebra

Fan
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have had the NFL Sunday ticket for at least 15 years. Since football will not resemble any football season in history, has anyone considered canceling or asking for a monetary discount?
Some fans. No fans. NFL games will not be the same in any respect. But it looks like Directv has not even considered this issue fans will face in the upcoming months. Payments start in August
I assume many fans will do what I have done. At least inquire about a discount or drop the Ticket altogether?

So, I call today and ask them to cancel my subscription to the Ticket. (to see what they would do to keep me around)
They oblige and make no effort to keep me and my subscription. So its canceled.
I was a bit shocked as I have been with them for so long. Not even an offer. Nothing.
So, internet TV is looking better and better to me. But I want/need Sunday Ticket regardless.

What are you other guys with Sunday Ticket going to do? Pay full price? Try to get a discount? Remember, next month is when they start adding the extra charge for the Ticket.

I’ve been thinking about purchasing the ticket, I recently moved out of Miami/Florida and will not get to see the games on the local channels anymore. Direct TV does not offer their ATT internet in my area so went with another provider for just internet. I’m wondering if they will let me use the app to stream the ticket on my TVs. I do hope they do something since this season will not be “normal”.

DirecTV has been an even worse s***show since AT&T bought them. I have about an $800 loyalty credit spread out over twelve months and my bill is never the same. I didn't subscribe to the 'Ticket last year....there's other ways to get the Dolphins games.

I’ve been thinking about purchasing the ticket, I recently moved out of Miami/Florida and will not get to see the games on the local channels anymore. Direct TV does not offer their ATT internet in my area so went with another provider for just internet. I’m wondering if they will let me use the app to stream the ticket on my TVs. I do hope they do something since this season will not be “normal”.

I have been gone from Miami for many years now and have been paying every year for the Ticket.
I know they have a package with internet/phone ability to watch games anywhere you go. Since you are a new customer you may get the first year for free. Tell them you heard its free the first year and push it. Call them. New customers get right through. Existing customers have to wait........true and bullshit for us current subscribers.

My question is for current subscribing Ticket members about how things will go this season?
They told me if football was canceled they would credit your account! **** that. I canceled and can get it back any time I want. I hope we do have a season first and foremost and then I hope to get a good discount to re-up.

DirecTV has been an even worse s***show since AT&T bought them. I have about an $800 loyalty credit spread out over twelve months and my bill is never the same. I didn't subscribe to the 'Ticket last year....there's other ways to get the Dolphins games.

I am all in on "other ways to get dolphin games". But I don't want to have to go through a bunch of BS each Sunday to get it online. Take a chance on getting the game or not getting the game.
I want to see the games and I don't mind paying for a service that will provide them. The Ticket is a monopoly and should be busted up so other providers can compete!

Directv is not allowed in our community as everyone here gets spectrum(included in the HOA) so it doesn't really matters to me. I used to have the ticket before we moved here but now I just stream the games when the Dolphins are not on local TV.

Directv is not allowed in our community as everyone here gets spectrum(included in the HOA) so it doesn't really matters to me. I used to have the ticket before we moved here but now I just stream the games when the Dolphins are not on local TV.

Danny, what service do you stream from?

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and it didn't end well. No discounts were offered to keep the Sunday Ticket so I canceled. After having The Sunday Ticket for almost 20 yrs, I'll no longer be able to watch the games. I don't trust AT&T anymore, they've been very difficult to deal with since they took over DirecTV. I'll reevaluate in a few months, once I see where the NFL is at. I've been kind of lucky to figure out a way or two to watch the games online. So I'll try that for the short term or until they block my sorry old azz.

It's sad after all these years. Especially now that Miami may have found it's Franchise QB in Tua. Good Luck fellow Dolfan's, hope you get to enjoy watching our favorite team play in 2020.

Like someone else said, **** DirecTV. Their tv packages are insanely priced, and I’m not doing that just for the ticket. Much cheaper, and convenient, for me to go to a sports bar with some buddies, split the cost of some appetizers, and watch all of our games there

Family, Direct Tv will probably not be giving away concessions as they are losing money and under a lot of pressure for AT&T to unload the NFL package. Just FYI. Stay well and Safe! :ffic:

Nearly 3 million subscribers ditched DirecTV last year. Will AT&T do the same?

Five years after AT&T spent $49 billion to buy DirecTV, the future is cloudy for satellite TV. Rapid changes in consumer behavior, along with rising competition and management missteps, have led to staggering customer defections: AT&T on Wednesday reported that its pay-TV business last year hemorrhaged 4.1 million subscribers, including an estimated 2.9 million at its biggest brand, DirecTV. In 2018, the satellite TV service lost 1.2 million customers.

The exodus comes at a crucial time for the Dallas phone giant, which has been under mounting pressure to improve its performance and pivot to a digital future. Operating income for the company’s entertainment group — which includes its high-speed internet service and pay-TV brands DirecTV, U-Verse and AT&T TV Now — dropped nearly 10% to $746 million in the fourth quarter compared with a year ago.

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and it didn't end well. No discounts were offered to keep the Sunday Ticket so I canceled. After having The Sunday Ticket for almost 20 yrs, I'll no longer be able to watch the games. I don't trust AT&T anymore, they've been very difficult to deal with since they took over DirecTV. I'll reevaluate in a few months, once I see where the NFL is at. I've been kind of lucky to figure out a way or two to watch the games online. So I'll try that for the short term or until they block my sorry old azz.

It's sad after all these years. Especially now that Miami may have found it's Franchise QB in Tua. Good Luck fellow Dolfan's, hope you get to enjoy watching our favorite team play in 2020.

I feel ya bro. Same thing happened to me. In the past they would have jumped through hoops to keep me signed up. Like you, I guess I either pay up or go without.
Back when I first moved here they showed most every Dolphin game on regular free TV. Then Atlanta got good and they did not show as many. Then Carolina came to be and now you will never see a Dolphin game unless it was a night game.

I most likey pay up before the games start. If the games start. I have a very bad feeling about this season. I don't think there will be a season?

TV providers, especially DirecTV, aren't interested in offering deals to retain customers, when a massive numbers of those subscribers are simply ending their service when the deal ends, or simply call to get a new deal. There is no incentive to keep customers.

Back
Top Bottom