NHL Agrees to a deal!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NHL Agrees to a deal!!!

I wouldn't expect people in Florida to appreciate hockey either! It's a joke enough that the warm weather teams have the crappiest ice ever.

Crisis said:
I wouldn't expect people in Florida to appreciate hockey either! It's a joke enough that the warm weather teams have the crappiest ice ever.

Actually, Madison Square Garden has usually been considered to have the worst ice in the NHL. Not that I'm trying to defend the concept of playing hockey south of the Mason-Dixon Line, mind you. :lol:

phunwin said:
Actually, Madison Square Garden has usually been considered to have the worst ice in the NHL. Not that I'm trying to defend the concept of playing hockey south of the Mason-Dixon Line, mind you. :lol:

The ACC in Toronto also has notoriously bad ice.

It's all the basketball, and concerts, and circuses they keep bringing in. :yell:

Honus Joglund said:
The ACC in Toronto also has notoriously bad ice.

It's all the basketball, and concerts, and circuses they keep bringing in. :yell:

Yeah, but those things don't suck and make money.

phunwin said:
Forget the choke, they got SCREWED by the tournament committee. I'm still mad about that! An RPI of 33 (or something like that) and no invite? I ran around my apartment screaming "bull****, bull****, bull****!" for hours on end.

Well, at least your rants were appropriate. :lol:

Yay! Lets Go Panthers!

clear.gif

clear.gif

:banana: :mdfin: :cpatch: :rawk: i dont get it...why post if youre not an NHL fan?....GO RANGERS!!!!

Hostile7 said:
Yeah, but those things don't suck and make money.

Thank you.

Slappy8800 said:
i dont get it...why post if youre not an NHL fan?

:confused:

I don't get it either. I'm not crazy about the NBA, but I feel no need to go read an NBA thread, and act like a tool and ruin a perfectly good thread.

Don't click on the thread if you don't care.

Honus Joglund said:
Don't click on the thread if you don't care.

With a username like that, you've GOT to be a hockey diehard. :) I may just come back as Bay Rourque if I start caring about the NHL again.

I need to add that it wasn't just the lockout that made me disenchanted with hockey. As I stated above, I'm a Bruins fan, and there are few teams that have done more penny-pinching over the last 15 years. In fact, only the Blackhawks come to mind. It's almost what I imagine it's like being an LA Clippers fan, except that rather than be outright awful every year, the team is just good enough to get my hopes up, which is, in some ways, worse.

Blowing a 3-1 lead against Montreal in the 2003-4 playoffs was the last straw. For the record, Joe Thornton deserved every stitch of criticism that he received. I haven't seen a high-profile choke job like that since...well, the 2004 Yankees. I didn't watch another minute of hockey that season, I was so distraught.

If I was a fan of a franchise that actually, you know, CARED about winning, I might have felt differently about the lockout. But right now, I just feel like it'll be business as usual in Boston; the B's have less than $3M committed to next season, so in theory, they should be able to stock up their team with talent. In reality, they'll sign just enough guys to remain competitive and be a tough, but inevitable, first round out.

So, you guys tell me: why should I get excited about that? "Hey, the NHL's back! Time for Jeremy Jacobs to make the Bruins just good enough to make a nice profit but not nearly good enough to bring home the first Cup in 34 years." Woo-hoo!

I'm a die hard Leafs fan and can't wait to see the buds back on the ice. I love football and can't wait for the season to get going, but hockey is my first and my true love.

GO LEAFS GO!

Back
Top Bottom