Nick Saban at the Heat game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban at the Heat game

Semedi said:
How quickly we forget... Patriots + Red Sox? I know, it makes me sick too :shakeno:

As a Dolphins and Braves fan I have no recollection of those events...:lol:

Miami dissed

popularwar said:
Heat win. How sweet it is.

Very sweet. However, I was watching ESPN news this am and they spent the entire time talking about how the Pistons came up short and their near dynasty over the last 4 yrs. The Miami Heat ACTUALLY WINNING and getting to the NBA FINALS was kind of mentioned as an afterthought.

jlfin said:
Very sweet. However, I was watching ESPN news this am and they spent the entire time talking about how the Pistons came up short and their near dynasty over the last 4 yrs. The Miami Heat ACTUALLY WINNING and getting to the NBA FINALS was kind of mentioned as an afterthought.

ESPN just loves plant their lips on the rear ends of the more favored team, i.e. the Detroit Pistons.

They failed, no need to talk about it.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Dude, no.

Just, no.

That's seriously about to change.

This is the first time the Heat have made it to a championship. The Fins are the winningest team since the '70s merger, and we will be one of the better teams this year and for years to come.

Stop with all that nonsense.

The Heat have done far more in the last decade than the Dolphins.

The Heat were perennial contenders in the late mid-late '90s. They consistently won their division. They lost to Jordan's Bulls in the '97 conference finals. Then Mourning got sick and they declined. In '03-'04, the Heat were arguably the most exciting team in basketball and made serious noise in the playoffs. Last year, Wade and Shaq were injured in the playoffs. And they were still 1:38 away from the Finals.

In the last 10 years, the Heat have won their division 6 times and went to the playoffs 8 times (and 9 of 11). They've been to the conference finals 3 times and could add a championship to that tally this year.

The Dolphins, on the other hand, have won their division once (in 2000) in the last decade and have been to the playoffs 5 times (not since 2001). They haven't been to a conference championship since 1992. The Dolphins last playoff appearence was a 20-3 pasting at the hands of the Jamal Lewis-less Ravens.

Fortunately, our Dolphins are rising again. :dolphins: But compared to the Heat and Marlins (two championships between demolitions), the Dolphins are easily in 3rd. Hell, even the Panthers went to the Stanley Cup finals 10 years ago...in their 3rd season of existence.

Anthony D. said:
I don't even watch basketball much, but GO HEAT !!!!

THe only thing I can think of that is remotely close to that is the Chicago Whitesox winning the world series last year and the Fighting Illumni winning the NCAA tournament.

Alas, guys, I think we're not reading into this one enough.

Looks like his tenure as a Dolphins coach was short-lived. Don't believe me, wait for the offseason Heat press conference with Pat Riley. :(

yea i was there at the game! heat domimnated the pistons! also ronnie brown was there, and edgerrin james, and warren sapp.

Its nice to see Saban supporting the heat but I just cant do it...you see im from Dallas :cooldude:

GO MAVS!

Back
Top Bottom