Ninkovich retiring? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ninkovich retiring?

jlfin

old pro
Reaction score

Probably tested positive for PEDS again and looking to avoid the embarrassment of another suspension

Couldn't get a game in our 1-15 season. Another proud moment for the Dolphins. We have let some cracking players walk away

Couldn't get a game in our 1-15 season. Another proud moment for the Dolphins. We have let some cracking players walk away

If I recall, he was fighting for a roster spot with Quentin Groves. It was a close battle and Groves was a better athlete and the coaching staff went with the guy with the higher ceiling. Ninkovich, at the time was a journeyman.
He was suspended last yr for PEDS and for all we know he was doing it for several years before he got caught.
He obviously improved significantly after he left the phins. How much did PEDS have to do with it?
Having Ninkovich would not have made any difference for the phins at the time. Ninkovich was a solid, high motor all around player, but never a difference maker. He worked well within that scheme in New England. I don't lament his loss at all.

Probably tested positive for PEDS again and looking to avoid the embarrassment of another suspension

Or he's 33, had a helluva 11 year career, and decided it's best to hang 'em up on his own and not leave it up to a severe injury to make that choice for him.

Or he's 33, had a helluva 11 year career, and decided it's best to hang 'em up on his own and not leave it up to a severe injury to make that choice for him.

Timing is suspect. He had a 4 game suspension last season.

Maybe. Or maybe he was facing a 1 yr suspension and at age 33' decided to bow out

Didn't stop him from returning last year and being a part of the NFL's #1 defense and getting, yet, another SB ring.

A 2nd PED violation yields a 10 game suspension, not a year.

At age 33, there isn't much difference between a 10 game and 16 game suspension. It's a lost season.
Occam's razor.
If Ninkovich were thinking of retiring, the logical time would have been to make an announcement shortly after the SB, not 2 days into training camp. I never read anything in the offseason to suggest he was leaning towards retirement. Not attending the 1st day of camp and then announcing his retirement the 1st week of TC is suspect.
This is not a Branden Albert situation, as Ninkovich wasn't starting over for a new team.
While the issue of CTE is a concern for him, he wouldn't have played as long as he did.
People rarely get caught the 1st time they cheat (spouses, tests, drugs etc), so no one knows how long he was using PEDS. Ninkovich and the team may have been informed of a possible second suspension in the days leading up to TC and he decided to retire a year or two early, rather than further tarnish his reputation.
If I'm a betting man, that's what I would bet on.
In the end, who cares. Not sure why you insist on having the last word in EVERY thread in which you post. Do you have a life beyond Finheaven?

At age 33, there isn't much difference between a 10 game and 16 game suspension. It's a lost season.
Occam's razor.

A 10 game suspension is not a lost season on a team that will most likely play 9 more and compete in the SB. Common sense.

While the issue of CTE is a concern for him, he wouldn't have played as long as he did.
People rarely get caught the 1st time they cheat (spouses, tests, drugs etc), so no one knows how long he was using PEDS. Ninkovich and the team may have been informed of a possible second suspension in the days leading up to TC and he decided to retire a year or two early, rather than further tarnish his reputation.
If I'm a betting man, that's what I would bet on.

Gambling is for degenerates.

In the end, who cares. Not sure why you insist on having the last word in EVERY thread in which you post. Do you have a life beyond Finheaven?

Thanks for the irony. I don't have a life, let alone one outside of FH.

Why would the NFL go along with this "let him ride off into the sunset" theory? Couldn't he just un-retire and avoid the suspension?

Back
Top Bottom