No Game Plan=Players Working On Weakness | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Game Plan=Players Working On Weakness

Finaddict

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If they really do not have a game plan then what are they doing out there? IMO they are probably working on individual players weaknesses. Not advocating Feeley or Frerotte. What were some of the TC reports that we got to see? Wasn't there something about Feeley having trouble with his touch on the short pass while Frerotte sometimes had more difficulty connecting deep? To support this theory... the dolphin's have put up more then their share of passing plays and yards then that of the rushing attack. Since it is so obvious to everyone that the QB's need work and that this team is going to mainly be a rushing team which can set up the pass. The first team defense knows that most of the plays are going to be passing plays. Other teams may have gameplanned for the Dolphins. That might be why other teams have come with more blitz in the first quarter.

The offensive line must have alot of weaknesses then. Gameplanning would have nothing to do with offensive lineman just whiffing on assignments.

Also, I highly doubt a couple of cornerback blitzes from the Bears, points to the fact that they or the Steelers gameplanned for us.

If blitzes mean there was gameplanning on behalf of the blitzing team, then we must have gameplanned for the Steelers?

FaninPatsyLand said:
The offensive line must have alot of weaknesses then. Gameplanning would have nothing to do with offensive lineman just whiffing on assignments.

Also, I highly doubt a couple of cornerback blitzes from the Bears, points to the fact that they or the Steelers gameplanned for us.
Maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. It is very unusual to see a team blitz more then a few times in pre-season though. It is something that a only a team with a large amount of new players does to get timing better. Other then that they really did blitz more then usual.

volk said:
If blitzes mean there was gameplanning on behalf of the blitzing team, then we must have gameplanned for the Steelers?
Saban said that they were going to start to gameplan for the Steelers. He said they were only going to do it for a day and a half though.

The blitzing should help us come mid-season... Now our coaches have lots of film showing different blitzing packages. Thus something to show our oline and teach them what they should do to block different blitzes. Or in the case of the blitz that caused the 60 yard fumble return, how to call the hot read or just get rid of the ball. Not trying to bash Ferotte, but wow did Nick get in his face after that play... Anyway, back to the point ... the more film we have showing different blitzes the more we can teach our olinemen.

Oboy said:
The blitzing should help us come mid-season... Now our coaches have lots of film showing different blitzing packages. Thus something to show our oline and teach them what they should do to block different blitzes. Or in the case of the blitz that caused the 60 yard fumble return, how to call the hot read or just get rid of the ball. Not trying to bash Ferotte, but wow did Nick get in his face after that play... Anyway, back to the point ... the more film we have showing different blitzes the more we can teach our olinemen.

Great Point!

Finaddict said:
It is very unusual to see a team blitz more then a few times in pre-season though. It is something that a only a team with a large amount of new players does to get timing better. Other then that they really did blitz more then usual.

Where do you get this from?
In preseason, I believe the complete opposite is true. I think teams blitz more to see what plays their defenses and the players in them execute really well.

To try and use the excuse that Miami did no gameplanning but the other teams did is really pathetic IMO.

Superself said:
Where do you get this from?
In preseason, I believe the complete opposite is true. I think teams blitz more to see what plays their defenses and the players in them execute really well.

To try and use the excuse that Miami did no gameplanning but the other teams did is really pathetic IMO.
Excuse? I was pointing out that it was unusual or not expected. This thread was to point out the fact that Feeley was working on his short pass while Frerotte was working on his overall timing with the receivers at game speed.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Actually, blocking assignments get gameplanned as well. Its just that if you dont put forth the effort to at least hit somebody, then you look stupid. I do believe Houck will do something this week about that. Will it be permanently corrected? I doubt it, but at least we have a LT (thank god!)

Finaddict said:
Saban said that they were going to start to gameplan for the Steelers. He said they were only going to do it for a day and a half though.

what i have heard is that we will gameplan after the steelers game. He said we only spent a walk through planning for this. Once the rainstorm hit, Ronnie was sitting and he was not taking chances for obvious reasons. All he wants to see is progress out of the system. The O will be the concern. The defense is coming around every week. Defense is easier to learn for those who never touched a football in their life.

finfan54 said:
Actually, blocking assignments get gameplanned as well. Its just that if you dont put forth the effort to at least hit somebody, then you look stupid. I do believe Houck will do something this week about that. Will it be permanently corrected? I doubt it, but at least we have a LT (thank god!)

Obviously part of the zone blocking scheme is gameplanned as well as other blocking schemes. But alot of what I've seen this preseason is guys just lining up over another man and just getting flat out beat, or pancaked.

Gameplanning I'm sure will help, but there's also a lack of solid talent on this line.

I have noticed a trend that after each game the weak point gets major work. After the Bears game, our secondary got torched. Saban looks like that is getting corrected. Now if we can only do something about the o-line.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Gameplanning I'm sure will help, but there's also a lack of solid talent on this line.

...and an awful amount of mental lapses!!! Outside of Carey, I'm not sure if we have starting material in the other positions.

Superself said:
...and an awful amount of mental lapses!!! Outside of Carey, I'm not sure if we have starting material in the other positions.

You got that right!

Stockar McDougle and Seth McKinney jump to the top of my head when thinking about mental lapses.

Back
Top Bottom