No ifs, ands or buts: Dolphins need to start Matt Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No ifs, ands or buts: Dolphins need to start Matt Moore

E
It's pretty good. Can't find it officially but I'm going w this:

1. Year he took over for Henne he went 6-5 I think after we were 0-5 or something.

2. Came in relief of Tanny at Jets in 2012 when we were down early. Led to a decisive win of 30-14 or something.

3. Last year. Was 3-1 in my book not 2-1 as he came in and won AZ game while we were trailing.

4. Lost Playoff game last year.

5. Won yesterday's game even though I don't think it technically counts (just like the Jets in 2012 and Cardinals last year).

So in my book he's 11-6 in regular season though officially he's 8-6 and 0-1 in playoffs. I may not have this perfectly right though but I am likely close.

He didn’t come into the Arizona while trailing.

the team plays for Moore. there was an energy and a confidence that we just don't see with Cutler.
Agreed. Moore has been here with the team and Cutler just became a part of the team. Need to understand that inside Moore is probably playing with a chip since they brought Jay from the outside.

We don't just need a back up QB for thursday. We need one for practice too during the week. Do we not have a QB in the PS? Regardless of what happens the rest of the season we need to draft a QB in April. I'm not saying in the 1st round but maybe no later than round 3 or 4. A player they can develop behind Tannehill.

Ozzy rules!!

What I saw is that these guy's played hard for Moore, something I'm not sure they do for Cuttlefish.

Moore's ceiling is about what we saw yesterday....good in relief duty, or maybe a couple of full games, but that's about it. He doesn't have the oline or running game to limit his exposure and he doesn't have the deep ball strength to scare defenses into backing off. If/when Moore puts together a few head-scratchers and Cutler gets healthy, then it won't be all that controversial when Gase hands Cutler back the starting job.
If you don't watch the games don't comment on the game.

Moore doesn't hesitate, he throws on time. In the immortal words of Howard Schnellenberger " just stomp your foot and throw the thing".

Even the announcers were quick to point out that the interception was not Moore’s fault, it was all on the receiver. No one can come off the bench and light it up, I don’t care who you are. But someone who has been practicing for just that like Moore should be able to get it together in a drive or two and with a couple of practices with the starters, as the starter, he should really be able to show what he and the team can do with him. Short week works for him, I think he is ready to go. I would give Cutler a few days off.
That was the perfect pass into the numbers of Fasano without hitting Fasano. :laugh
When that pass arrived I was like "WTF is Fasano doing?" He didn't even look back. He was intend on going downfield. Totally miss his cut to the inside.

moore was better in a half than cutler has ever been this whole season. Not sure bad matt moore can lead as inept an offense as cutler has been doing all season.

It's pretty good. Can't find it officially but I'm going w this:

1. Year he took over for Henne he went 6-5 I think after we were 0-5 or something.

2. Came in relief of Tanny at Jets in 2012 when we were down early. Led to a decisive win of 30-14 or something.

3. Last year. Was 3-1 in my book not 2-1 as he came in and won AZ game while we were trailing.

4. Lost Playoff game last year.

5. Won yesterday's game even though I don't think it technically counts (just like the Jets in 2012 and Cardinals last year).

So in my book he's 11-6 in regular season though officially he's 8-6 and 0-1 in playoffs. I may not have this perfectly right though but I am likely close.

nfl.com has him playing in 24 total games for the Fins. 14-10 overall but some of those games he only played a couple of plays. His TD/INT ratio is 27/15. 61% Completion Rate

http://www.nfl.com/player/mattmoore/2507282/careerstats

You know what I really don't understand? We all know Moore is a limited QB in terms of arm strength, accuracy and athleticism but where does this idea that he's a turnover machine come from. He's never really been that guy since he's been here. I mean sure he's had some turnovers against tough teams but it's nothing more than any other QB who's been through here and the frequency isn't really any higher. Where do people get that Moore throws a lot of picks? His stats, other than a rough patch in 2010, do not bear that out.

Even as limited as Moore is from what we have seen isn't it a miracle he wasn't named the starter over Chad Henne? That guys was such a horrible QB, Moore is way better than him and I think that's really, really obvious now.

Back
Top Bottom