No more welker!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more welker!!!

Conversely, people also seem to view the Patriots as being some infallible juggernaut full of Death Star master plans that can't possibly go wrong.

They make mistakes, a lot of them. They simply cover them up by having one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

I agree with you but until Brady is gone for good the Pats will be a threat to take the division every single year. They lost a good football player today, but we still have a lot of work to do before the gap between the two teams is significantly narrowed.

I agree with you but until Brady is gone for good the Pats will be a threat to take the division every single year. They lost a good football player today, but we still have a lot of work to do before the gap between the two teams is significantly narrowed.

Of course. Kind of like how Miami was always a threat when we had Marino.

For what it's worth, Brady is apparently absolutely furious about the Welker deal.

I will say this, its interesting that $6 mil/year was enough to nab him, I wonder what the Pats official offer was? Based on the Hartline numbers, $6 mil doesn't seem unreasonable.

YES,YES, YES!

That dude has been a throne in our side forever. Now what the Patriots draft T.Austin!

I don't think Austin will be there....I think Patterson goes as the first receiver off the board and Austin or Allen probably goes second. The Pats better focus on getting a better CB.

Make no mistake people, Welker didn't make NE......NE made Welker. Do you guys think that Brady wont be the same without him? Don't hold your breath. We need to get better instead of hoping they get worse.

Ozzy rules!!

I completely disagree! You either forgot or never saw Welker when he played for Miami. Even with our terrible QB he made plays, obviously with the Caliber of Qb @NE his play was magnified that much more. But, if you think Welker wasn't that good and his production is only because of NE and Brady you need to re-evaluate!

A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

As he should be. Brady didn't renegotiate his deal to free up $8.2 million in 2013 cap space so the Patriots could let his favorite target walk for less than what Brian Hartline is making. It's business as usual for the Pats, but Brady clearly thought his new deal would make for an exception with his slot machine. Brady has been "enraged" at Pats moves before, but the effects of this one could be long-lasting. New England's braintrust has some explaining to do.

For those trying to say Welker not a big deal in NE. When was the last time NE traded a 2nd and 6th round pick for a player that was just okay? This move temporary at least hurts the Patriots don't be fooled!

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Ouch. This one hurt... :boohoo:

Not at all! Completely different organization, players and team make-up! It doesn't hurt at all.

A source close to Tom Brady tells CSN New England he is "beyond enraged" at the Patriots letting Wes Welker for two years and $12 million, and feels it is a "disgrace" and a "disservice."

As he should be. Brady didn't renegotiate his deal to free up $8.2 million in 2013 cap space so the Patriots could let his favorite target walk for less than what Brian Hartline is making. It's business as usual for the Pats, but Brady clearly thought his new deal would make for an exception with his slot machine. Brady has been "enraged" at Pats moves before, but the effects of this one could be long-lasting. New England's braintrust has some explaining to do.

I had a feeling brady would be pissed after restructuring. I think this split withiin the pats and welker is going to be the start of the whole foundation cracking. Brady threw a big hissy fit when branch left years ago but he got him back. Unless they land jennings , this may be the end of their run for good. I can see brady demanding a trade/release in 2014 or retiring, if things go sour next season.

Back
Top Bottom