Now whats our cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now whats our cap?

Wonderboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Any news on the updated salary cap? And whats wrong w/ the website?

I'd like to know as well. Checking the latest Salary cap thread update it looks like we're at around 19 million available minus whatever David Martin cost us.

Hope we're gearing up to sign Porter and Petigout.

Then we could go WR, CB, OG and DT with our top four picks (1, 2a, 2b, 3).

The cap has to be around $25 million under with all these moves.
Also if anyone now has our list of picks updated since the trades.
1st round (9)
2nd round (40)
2nd round (60)
3rd round (71)
4th round (104)
6th round (166)
6th round (183)
7th round (200)
7th round (219)

The cap has to be around $25 million under with all these moves.

1st round (9)
2nd round (40)
2nd round (60)
3rd round (71)
4th round (104)
6th round (166)
6th round (183)
7th round (200)
7th round (219)

NICE JOB!

25 Million is enough for us to go get Porter and Petigout. LT is a crucial position and it's very hard to get a good one from the draft. We need to get someone in there who can do the job. Porter wants 5 mil. We can afford that.

Porter - 5 Million
Petigout - 4 Million
Washington - 2 Million
Bargain DE - 1 Million
DT (Traylor again?) - 1 Million

NICE JOB!
No problem. I wouldn't be shocked though to see us have less picks come the draft.

I see Mueller possibly packaging the two 6th rounders to get an early 5th round pick. Or I could see(I hope) the Dolphins trading one of those second round picks for a 2008 1st round pick.

i thought i read someone from this website the other day state that if we cut harrington, mcmichael, and mare, that it would leave us in the ballpark of 31 mil.

i thought i read someone from this website the other day state that if we cut harrington, mcmichael, and mare, that it would leave us in the ballpark of 31 mil.
It is very possible, I was just guessing on what we at least have.

Whatever the amount, I think it places us near the top in the league. It's much, much better than it was at the start of the free agency period. From over $13 mil to (possibly) $31 mil? Impressive. Very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom