O-Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

O-Line

Don't remember what game it was, or what the starting line-up was, but didn't we have a game last season where Yates, McKinney, and Jerman all started on the interior, and we played well? Like I said I don't remember the specifics, but it sounds about right.

I'm going to agree with Nathan. RS has been filling up holes left by incomplete(bad) drafts for the past couple years. The o-line FA don't have the ability of Tate or Woody, but they are younger and have a chance to blossom into much better players. Everyone is signed for a couple of years so they have a chance to grow as a cohesive unit. While not having the standout like Orlando Pace or Mike Williams, they have a chance to grow to that stature, or at least grow comfortable enough with each other to cover each others mistakes.;)

I do think Rs did will this draft, helping fill the "win now" need and begin rebuilding for the future. Think about it: in three years we'll be talking about how good Howard and Poole are in coverage, How great Chambers and Boston are producing, and why can't we get a decent LB replacement:lol:

McKinney has problems with line calls, this is why he couldnt beat out Ruddy. If he has this under control he could be a decent starter, if he falters then St. Clair could be forced into that position negating our most versatile back up. We will be fine on the left side and actually be able to run to that side again Smith and James will anchor this line for years. On the right side Carey will be good but will falter and make rookie mistakes, the RG spot worries me. If the reports on Nails are true about him having his weight under control and being fully recovered from the 2002 injury I really think we should give him a shot. If nothing more than a training camp contract, if he is back to 2002 form he gets a contract if not he is cut with no loss to us. BUT if he is back to 2002 form how good does our OL look with he and James at G, Smith and Carey at T, and McKinney or St. Clair at C.

Back
Top Bottom