Oaks at Toomer's Corner Poisoned | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oaks at Toomer's Corner Poisoned

It was a 62 year old redneck bama fan... who got arrested.

If only somebody would hurry up and desecrate UF's Tebow Shrine...
You do and that little turf graveyard and Renegade are next. :chuckle:

This is like an episode of The Sopranos. Moral of this story: Buying a national championship has its consequences. It can even get your favorite trees whacked.

LSUFreek's take:

Toomers_Destroyed_medium-1.gif

They need to nail this idiot to the wall...

A rivalry is one thing, but killing 150 year old Live Oaks is absurd, and it's crossing the line. All this does is invite an even more inappropriate response from the Barners...

One thing you don't do is f*ck with tradition in college football...period.

Bama nation is now at Defcon 2 thanks to this idiot...

They need to nail this idiot to the wall...

A rivalry is one thing, but killing 150 year old Live Oaks is absurd, and it's crossing the line. All this does is invite an even more inappropriate response from the Barners...

One thing you don't do is f*ck with tradition in college football...period.

Bama nation is now at Defcon 2 thanks to this idiot...
Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. Cant hold that against the tree killer.

Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. Cant hold that against the tree killer.

Roll damn tide!

The problem with this guy is he's a sidewalk Alabama fan... he has no ties to the University whatsoever, and doesn't represent Alabama fans or what the University stands for..

He's originally from Florida, and spent most of his life in Texas... he's a retired Texas State Trooper. During his phone call to Finebaum's radio show where he went on the air and told exactly what he did and how he poisoned the trees, he talked about how he didn't even know the history between Alabama and Auburn until a friend of his showed him a 1983 newspaper article about the Barner's rolling Toomer's Corner and celebrating Bear Bryant's death...

Nowhere near this big of a deal was made back when the Barners destroyed the hedges at Sanford Stadium after a football game...

All he's managed to do is bring a bunch of negative publicity on Alabama while the Barners make a huge deal out of this.. they've even managed to get NBC Nightly News down there to Toomer's Corner... as if there's not more important things going on right now. Idiots...

This particular moron didn't kill those trees because he's an Alabama fan... he did it because he's a lunatic with a few screws loose...

Hell, if he was a true Alabama fan he would've poisoned a couple of Aubarn fans instead of those damn trees anyway... :lol:

I hear conflicting stories...did Auburn fans really roll the trees in celebration of Bear Bryant's death?

I hear they rolled the trees when Bryant retired, not died.

I hear conflicting stories...did Auburn fans really roll the trees in celebration of Bear Bryant's death?

No, the caller specifically talks about the newspaper article, and the Auburn fans rolling Toomer's Corner when Bear died... Honestly I don't know if they did or not..

The thing about this rivalry is that it's always been full of pranks, but for the most part good natured pranks that don't really hurt anyone or anything... similar to how some Hurricane fan(s) stuck that flag at the top of a scissor lift before the FSU game this year. This is what goes on in college football, it's what makes it the best sport on the planet.

Auburn planted the Iron Bowl score from this year into the grass in Tuscaloosa... put a Scam Newton jersey on Bear's statue, etc...

However, it's the lunatics that every fan base has that always get the most attention when they cross the line... the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn was suspended for 40 years because it got out of hand..

This guy has kids who had to be pulled out of school because they were getting death threats... Now they have to live with what their lunatic father did despite not having anything to do with it... they'll have to leave the state now. No question about it...

A lot of fans on both sides of this rivalry feel like it would be best if they just quit playing each other because the hatred between the fanbases is too intense. I don't agree with that at all...

This game just over the past 2 years has shown what it takes to be a champion...

The players/coaches on either side aren't the problem, the game itself is always one of the best in college football. What it boils down to is that it's always a few morons on the sidelines that call themselves fans that tend to be the problem...

I graduated the Capstone in 87.
Toomer's was rolled heavily for his retirement.The day after Bear's death,some students attempted to roll the trees,they didn'y get to much up there before campus security stopped
them and had it cleaned up.It was tried several times the following week,but was stopped by police.
So,technically Toomers was never FULLY
rolled,but it wasn't for lack of trying.
This,to me has nothing to do with the rivalry,...Just a idiot with a excuse in his mind to do something stupid.
The National News is killing us.

Yeah it's pretty sad that one goober gives an entire University a black eye.

If anyone knows a thing or two about that it's us Miami fans lol.

I graduated the Capstone in 87.
Toomer's was rolled heavily for his retirement.The day after Bear's death,some students attempted to roll the trees,they didn'y get to much up there before campus security stopped
them and had it cleaned up.It was tried several times the following week,but was stopped by police.
So,technically Toomers was never FULLY
rolled,but it wasn't for lack of trying.
This,to me has nothing to do with the rivalry,...Just a idiot with a excuse in his mind to do something stupid.
The National News is killing us.

Which is exactly why they're doing this.... they're sitting around sobbing with their head in their hands playing up this "tragedy" as if it was a presidential assassination..

They've got the national media down there now to cover it and bring nothing but negative publicity Alabama's way...

What nobody is talking about is how Auburn decided to break this news right after the news broke about Auburn being investigated AGAIN for MORE recruiting violations in Louisiana in order to deflect attention...

Great job by the Barn's PR department there... that's why they get paid the big bucks.

Someone said Nick Saban called Auburn and offered his condolences. Said he remembers his first job baking cookies in those trees.

:lol: :lol:

Mal Moore has already issued a statement and his "condolences" to the Barn... Saban will issue one, etc..

All you can do is try to put out the flames in an attempt to deter any sort of retaliation by some crazy a$$ Auburn fan, and it has to come from the top..

Get everything settled back down... prosecute the nutjob who did this... plant some more trees.. problem fixed.

Then everyone can get back to hating each other the way they're supposed to..

Back
Top Bottom