?!offensive Draft!? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

?!offensive Draft!?

Stoobz

Eschew the Onvious
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it's not going to happen but let's just say Gase goes nuts and insists on taking offense our top half of the draft. Who would you be happy with?

Round 1, Pick 11 (11th overall)

Round 2, Pick 10 (42nd)

Round 3, Pick 9 (73rd)

Round 4, Pick 23 (123rd)

Round 4, Pick 31 (131st)

:confused::arghh:confused::arghh:p

Yes . With Mike T at the helm it'll be very offensive. Hahaha

I still feel like there are a lot of good pickups that might be available as far down as the 4th round. Unfortunately, as usual, most of my early "sleepers" have skyrocketed up the mock drafts from 4th-6th round ratings up to where I had them at 2nd'ish round ratings. That would be guys like Mike Gesicki, Andrew Brown, Quin Blanding, etc. But, there are still good ones to be had there, although they are almost exclusively defensive ones.

With that said, the field is wide open for offense. Here are a few offensive targets at each slot that I would strongly consider if available:

Round 1, Pick 11 (11th overall): G-Quenton Nelson (as teams jump up to reach for QB's and other high-value positions, a top guard like Nelson could fall), QB-Baker Mayfield (I am not in favor of a QB, but this is the best of the bunch IMHO, and if we are, the value becomes to great)

Round 2, Pick 10 (42nd): TE-Mike Gesicki (potential as a receiver and blocker in all phases--red zone target, seam threat, run blocking and pass pro. He is the best size/speed combo and is a gritty sure handed target in traffic), TE-Dallas Goedert (not the overall prospect Gesicki is, but a very good receiver with a little speed), RB-Nick Chubb (exactly the style of back we need), G/C-Billy Price (excellent player).

Round 3, Pick 9 (73rd): RB-Sony Michel (if his mystery injury checks out), TE-Mark Andrews (underrated IMHO), TE-Hayden Hurst (smallish, not as athletic, not a great blocker yet, but has similar fight in him to Jarvis Landry after the catch).

Round 4, Pick 23 (123rd): TE-Troy Fumagali (solid prospect with size and blocking ability), QB-Luke Falk (developmental backup)

Round 4, Pick 31 (131st): RB-Mark Walton (we may need a backup RB), RB-Roc Thomas (backup), OT-Alex Cappa (sleeper with bust potential)

Ok I will play along
1. Quentin Nelson
2. Lamar Jackson/Mason Rudolph
3. Mike Gesicki, Dallas Goedert, Hayden Hurst
4. Jaylen Samuels, Penny Reshaad, John Kelly

I know it's not going to happen but let's just say Gase goes nuts and insists on taking offense our top half of the draft. Who would you be happy with?

Round 1, Pick 11 (11th overall)

Round 2, Pick 10 (42nd)

Round 3, Pick 9 (73rd)

Round 4, Pick 23 (123rd)

Round 4, Pick 31 (131st)

:confused::arghh:confused::arghh:p

Ok, I'll play :). I'll try to draft where the players might "realistically" be available.

Round 1, Pick 11 (11th overall) - RB Derrius Guice (I'm assuming Queton Nelson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen are drafted already)

Round 2, Pick 10 (42nd) - TE Mike Gesicki

Round 3, Pick 9 (73rd) - G Frank Ragnow

Round 4, Pick 23 (123rd) - QB Luke Falk

Round 4, Pick 31 (131st) - WR Marcell Ateman

Ok, I'll play :). I'll try to draft where the players might "realistically" be available.

Round 1, Pick 11 (11th overall) - RB Derrius Guice (I'm assuming Queton Nelson, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen are drafted already)

Round 2, Pick 10 (42nd) - TE Mike Gesicki

Round 3, Pick 9 (73rd) - G Frank Ragnow

Round 4, Pick 23 (123rd) - QB Luke Falk

Round 4, Pick 31 (131st) - WR Marcell Ateman
This one is not bad..but I'd hate to nab Guice at 11...a trade down and then maybe.
Or that Notre Dame tackle, trade JaJuan James to Denver and add a second or third too, though this board would blow up if we drafted a tackle at 11.

I hope we go defense at #11 than offense with the next 2. I'm thinking Defense and some combo of TE/QB.

the only way I'd go offense in the first round is this.....either for a QB at 11 or.......trade down not once but twice and take the top TE on the board. By trading down twice we can get an extra 2 and 3 which gives us 2 picks in round 2,3,4 and 7 Plenty of picks where the value is which is the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Back
Top Bottom