Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

Gooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!

... And that's MISTER KENNEDY with the goal!!

2-2

Let's go Pens!

jaroslav halak... are you kidding me ?

2 games in 2 days, 64 saves, 2 shutouts...

can i get a halak-lujah ??? seriously ???

that guy is a beast and he just keeps proving to everyone that he's the number 1 in montreal

The habs are playing well, they are healthy, their goalie is, IMHO, playing like a top 5 goaltender right now ... I smell a first round upset in the playoffs :woot: !!!

tonight might be a special night...

tonight, the habs can clinch the playoffs for the first time since a long time...

but most importantly, a passing of the torch might happen...

yes, as you might not know, jaroslav halak is now montreal's #1 goalie, and he did two back to back shutout wins this weekend... if he gets a 3rd one in a row, it would be the first time in 61 years that it happened... thus meaning an accomplishment patrick roy, josé théodore, esposito, jocelyn thibault, and many other stud goalies wearing the habs jersey, never accomplished

tonight, if halak gets this shutout win, He's writting a page in the habs history, and that is something not a lot of hockey players can say

GO HABS GO !!! GO HALAK GOOO !!!

:woot:

Jaroslav Halak : First star of the week in the nhl

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=523987

If the Montreal Canadiens make the playoffs, Jaroslav Halak's performance last weekend will be a big reason why.

Halak became the first Canadiens goaltender in four years to post shutouts on back-to-back days when he blanked the Flyers 1-0 in Philadelphia Friday, then came right back with a 3-0 home victory against Buffalo the next night. The two victories put the Canadiens alone in sixth place in the East, four points clear of the ninth-place New York Rangers, with one week left in the season. The two victories also helped earn Halak First Star honors from the NHL Monday.

The back-to-back shutouts, in which he stopped all 64 shots he faced, are a continuation of his superb play since the Olympic break -- he's 9-2-1 in 12 starts, allowing just 20 goals in that span. Halak has lowered his goals-against average from 2.56 at the break to 2.31 while carrying the Canadiens within sight of clinching another playoff berth.

:bowdown:

Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!

Sid's 48th cuts the deficit in half ... 2-1! :woot:

Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

Leopold scores again, Sid w/ assist #2 tonight (100 points)

Pens trail 4-3 ...

Let's Go Pens!

Well, that sucked.

Not only do we lose, but Blysma sends the fans home deflated by pulling Johnson with 40 seconds left, down TWO??? (gift wrapping Ovie's empty netter to tie Sid @ 48 goals)

****!

Pens vs. Isles tonight ... Last ever regular season game in the Igloo.

I'm looking forward to our new barn, but I'm sure that I'll be a little emotional tonight ... TONS of memories from the only home my Penguins have ever known.

Let's Go Pens!

Back
Top Bottom