***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 172 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2010-2011 Miami Heat Thread***

Unless we truly are going to see a hard cap, which seems unlikely at this point, there's no reason not to re-sign players that you have bird rights to. Unless the Celtic master plan is to hold off on all signings and wait around for Dwight Howard. If that's the case I think some people in Boston have an overinflated view of their town as an NBA free agent destination.

If the MLE still exists a lot of people are going after Dalembert. Miami, LA, OKC, Boston, Orlando, NY, San Antonio......he can pretty much take his pick of contenders. I'd say the Heat have a bit of a built in advantage with him living in Miami and the Haitian community here but who knows.

Unless we truly are going to see a hard cap, which seems unlikely at this point, there's no reason not to re-sign players that you have bird rights to. Unless the Celtic master plan is to hold off on all signings and wait around for Dwight Howard. If that's the case I think some people in Boston have an overinflated view of their town as an NBA free agent destination.

If the MLE still exists a lot of people are going after Dalembert. Miami, LA, OKC, Boston, Orlando, NY, San Antonio......he can pretty much take his pick of contenders. I'd say the Heat have a bit of a built in advantage with him living in Miami and the Haitian community here but who knows.

i didn't think the heat would have the coin on the cap to pay dalembert $5.9 mil...i think that would be a nice get for them though if they could pull it off...not that dalembert some savior but at least when i've seen him in the past he's been a defensive presence and a pretty athletic big...

So the Celtics with 66 mil tied up with 8 players can offer a full MLE while the Heat with 66 mil tied up with 11 players cannot......gotta love fans.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-james-jones-s062911,0,7409207.story

James Jones opts out.....looking for some more coin.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eat-qualifying-offers-s062911,0,6868744.story

Heat retain rights to Varnado and Dozier, sign Cole.

easy there bro...i'm not sure how the celtics can do it either...i just saw on espn.com boston that the c's wanted to put the mle this upcoming year towards dalembert...i always thought their mle for this upcoming season was tied up with jermaine oneal already...

Teams get a new mid level exception every season under the previous CBA.

In any case we should have a nice long break from basketball. Players are still getting paid, owners have probably already lost out on sponsorships with the promise of instability, and both sides see little need to compromise anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom