***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2018 FIFA World Cup thread***

Colombia how about you? James Rodriguez possibly one of the most overrated players ever was exciting 4 years ago though.

Germany.

If my predictions are right Colombia will take the group and might face England. And they probably have a decent chance against England. The quarter finals are definitely within reach.

Finally, World Cup time....

Only one game, the opening game today.

Russia vs Saudi Arabia
Two equally bad teams opening the WC. What can go wrong? :laugh
I give Russia the slight notch because it is at home.

But here is the FIFA planning department: you have an opening game nobody is really interested in or goes the extra mile to watch. You put it into a 5pm CET time slot when most in Central Europe are still at work or are driving home from work and you certainly have a shitty time slot for the rest of the world.
Why not pull tomorrow's game Portugal vs Spain into day 1? It's a 2pm time slot for us and an 8pm time slot for Central Europe. Prime Time. And it is certainly a game most soccer fans around the world would pull some strings to either watch or follow in other ways and we all know: yeah, it is World Cup time.

Finally, World Cup time....

Only one game, the opening game today.

Russia vs Saudi Arabia
Two equally bad teams opening the WC. What can go wrong? :laugh
I give Russia the slight notch because it is at home.

But here is the FIFA planning department: you have an opening game nobody is really interested in or goes the extra mile to watch. You put it into a 5pm CET time slot when most in Central Europe are still at work or are driving home from work and you certainly have a ****ty time slot for the rest of the world.
Why not pull tomorrow's game Portugal vs Spain into day 1? It's a 2pm time slot for us and an 8pm time slot for Central Europe. Prime Time. And it is certainly a game most soccer fans around the world would pull some strings to either watch or follow in other ways and we all know: yeah, it is World Cup time.
5-0 Russia. Higher than I expected but man is Saudi Arabia bad. :laugh The 3-0 score was a fair score considering that Saudi Arabia was completely inept forward and handed the Russians almost every scoring opportunity they had. The last two goals as pretty as they were came in stoppage time and Saudi Arabia was probably already in the locker room.

Saudi Arabia will probably end up as one of the worst teams in the WC and Russia has to hope that Salah for Egypt is out next Tuesday.

Tomorrow (all times Eastern):
other game in Group A: Egypt vs Uruguay (8am)

Group B:
Marocco vs Iran (11am)
Spain vs Portugal (2pm)

that first World Cup game certainly didn't help with any suspicion of corruption. admittedly, i didn't watch the game ( i wouldn't have watched that match-up if that had been the World Cup final), but the final score leaves some doubt for sure. i did think before the games started that Russia was a candidate to advance into the knock-out stage. with that win and that goal differential, they practically need one point out of the next two games to advance now. in any case, the conspiracy talk isn't going to go away, especially if Russia keeps winning.

today, the real World Cup starts. Uruguay vs. Egypt will probably be the decider about who is going to win group A and Spain vs. Portugal tonight will be the first treat of the World Cup.

Well correct me if I'm wrong, that means Russia has to tie either Egypt or Urugary. Tough task

that first World Cup game certainly didn't help with any suspicion of corruption. admittedly, i didn't watch the game ( i wouldn't have watched that match-up if that had been the World Cup final), but the final score leaves some doubt for sure. i did think before the games started that Russia was a candidate to advance into the knock-out stage. with that win and that goal differential, they practically need one point out of the next two games to advance now. in any case, the conspiracy talk isn't going to go away, especially if Russia keeps winning.

today, the real World Cup starts. Uruguay vs. Egypt will probably be the decider about who is going to win group A and Spain vs. Portugal tonight will be the first treat of the World Cup.
It certainly looked too easy considering that Russia can't play for crap. I watched the entire game and considering that most of the time they stumbled over their own feet....certainly surprising that either team scored a goal much less 5.

Putin certainly looked very calm after each goal.

The only real chance for a point Russia might have have is against Egypt.

My guess for today:

Group A: Uruguay over Egypt

Group B: Morocco vs Iran..... no direspect but does anybody really care? :laugh I take a shot at it though: Morocco over Iran
Group B: Spain over Portugal....I almost tend to predict a tie after the ouster of Spain's coach. It could hurt them more than anybody might envision right now.

My guess for today:

Group A: Uruguay over Egypt

Group B: Morocco vs Iran..... no direspect but does anybody really care? :laugh I take a shot at it though: Morocco over Iran
Group B: Spain over Portugal....I almost tend to predict a tie after the ouster of Spain's coach. It could hurt them more than anybody might envision right now.
Those were my picks. I had Russia over Saudi too but that was so predictable

There was an upset in the making. At the end the win is OK because Uruguay had the better chances in the 2nd half but one should wonder what if....Salah would have played. Egypt played very well especially quick through the midfield and stood strong on defense and whatever came through was victim to the goalie. But on offense they were clueless. They had not the technical and mental ability to break through the Uruguay defense. Egypt with Salah would have won that game.

Uruguay? They are good enough to win the group but like I said in the beginning I am not very fond of the South American competition this year.

There was an upset in the making. At the end the win is OK because Uruguay had the better chances in the 2nd half but one should wonder what if....Salah would have played. Egypt played very well especially quick through the midfield and stood strong on defense and whatever came through was victim to the goalie. But on offense they were clueless. They had not the technical and mental ability to break through the Uruguay defense. Egypt with Salah would have won that game.

Uruguay? They are good enough to win the group but like I said in the beginning I am not very fond of the South American competition this year.
Luis Saruz (sp?) Missed so many chances. That's not like him. At one point all he had to do was lob a soft kick over top. He took an extra touch and the goalie was on him. They could be an early out in the second round. But I do see them winning all their group play matches. Thus winning group A

Luis Saruz (sp?) Missed so many chances. That's not like him. At one point all he had to do was lob a soft kick over top. He took an extra touch and the goalie was on him. They could be an early out in the second round. But I do see them winning all their group play matches. Thus winning group A
That was my initial prediction for Group A: Uruguay ahead of Egypt but both will exit in the Round of 16. Group A will face Group B (most likely Portugal and Spain).

Back
Top Bottom