*** OFFICIAL BALTIMORE RAVENS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK2 | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL BALTIMORE RAVENS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Preseason WK2

On a positive note... Adam Gase tanking the 2nd preseason game to see how the team responds next week. Pure genius! In Gase I trust!!!

Last edited:
I would trade tonight's loss with no injuries for last week's win with the injuries 10 times out of 10. As a whole the team didn't look great, but that has little impact on what the team will look like in September or October.

Well, at least there weren't any injuries.

At least Cutler is not trending on twitter. *cough* Blake Bortles *cough*

So we beat the defending NFC champs and then got thumped by the Ravens. WHat does either mean in terms of the 2017 season? Very little. Likly 75 % of the snaps tonight were from players that won't see 10 to 15 % of the snaps (if any) come regular season.

Last edited:
So we beat the defending NFL champs and then got thumped by the Ravens. WHat does either mean in terms of the 2017 season? Very little. Likly 75 % of the snaps tonight were from players that won't see 10 to 15 % of the snaps (if any) come regular season.

It's not whether you win or lose, its how you play the game.

I would trade tonight's loss with no injuries for last week's win with the injuries 10 times out of 10. As a whole the team didn't look great, but that has little impact on what the team will look like in September or October.

Of course - we all would. I'm still concerned about the OL, the Mike and 3rd down defense.

Again not just about pre season games, it's about problem areas of the team that have been holding us back ...this offense has some real potential IF you can protect the passer and move the ball some on the ground. The OL is a big ?

You would think a player that was first team Defensive tackle last year would dominate 2nd and 3rd stringers but that didn't happen. Phillips had no impact on the game.

You would think a player that was first team Defensive tackle last year would dominate 2nd and 3rd stringers but that didn't happen. Phillips had no impact on the game.
Like him or not Phillips is not the type of defensive tackle that dominates games. Most non-Pro Bowl caliber space eating tackles don't flash signs of dominance. Just as last week I think he had an ok game, nothing special/nothing horrible. He had a few plays were he goy good penitration and you rarely saw him getting blown off the line of scrimmage. Part of his job is to eat up blockers so linebackers can make plays and our second unit really doesn't have linebackers to make those plays. Also saw a few plays, just as last week, where Phillips crashes inside and disrupts the o-line, but there's not one behind him to scrape through and make the play.

Last edited:
Well, at least there weren't any injuries.

I was just coming on here to see who got hurt tonight because the game wasn't in my area. Was expecting to see ajayi with a heat stroke or something but was surprised there wasn't a single injury thread. The tides are turning...lol

I was just coming on here to see who got hurt tonight because the game wasn't in my area. Was expecting to see ajayi with a heat stroke or something but was surprised there wasn't a single injury thread. The tides are turning...lol

It's on the NFL Network now if you have access. I started watching it again and after a few plays I had to ask myself what the hell was I doing that for.

It's on the NFL Network now if you have access. I started watching it again and after a few plays I had to ask myself what the hell was I doing that for.
Bro I saw some of the brothers post in this thread and I was like really? It is recording now. Maybe tomorrow after a busy week at work I will watch it. Have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom