**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official CBA Thread II - Update: Owners Approve CBA!**

Jimmy James said:
Man, if I had a time machine, I'd send you to Matewan, WV circa 1920. You'd come away with a very different perspective.

Jimmy...the unions in our country have, in the past, served the population well. A point of diminishing returns has been reached with them, in general. That doesn't mean there should not be any unions, but face it..what was needed in Mateway, WV in 1920 is now covered by federal and local laws, OSHA, etc...not by the unions...

Again SOME unions are detrimental to the good of the company they serve today...NFLPA may or may not be a case of that, however, the fact that they are willing to let the cap die seems to be NOT in the best interest of the game (not just the owners or the players, but all of them). This system set up in '93 has made a model all sports want to emulate for both parties of the system...While there is nothing wrong with tweaking it, it shouldn't be disbanned because of issues facing it now. And this train of thought is for both the union and owners, but the union is the one who appears to want the uncapped NFL, not the owners...

So, what is the feeling around here?

Does this CBA deal finally get done or will the NFL free agency season begin without a new CBA deal?

I don't think it gets approved and I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Go Fins!!!

If CBA fails we could have two leagues !

The bigger problem here is that, if Tagliabue can't get enough of these folks on the same page, we doubt that anyone else can, either. So at some point (maybe now) it'll be time to start thinking about the very real possibility of the formation of two separate pro football leagues -- one in which there's full or complete revenue sharing, and one in which it's every team for itself.

How wild would that be ?

Its from Pro Football Talk.

Sal Lisitano said:

Does this CBA deal finally get done or will the NFL free agency season begin without a new CBA deal?

Go Fins!!!
I think the owners will approve of it today, they are voting whether to accept or reject it. I'm assuming they will meet some time this mourning and I fully expect it to be announced to be accepted by 1 or 2 o'clock

The title should be CBA not CBS.My bad.I cant change it.

You mean the CBA? I thought NBC got the games in the new telecasting contracts.

It would never work and never happen. Whatever league kept the NFL brand would succeed, the branch out league would not. Just the way it is.

I didn't realize CBS was going under. I think the CBA negotiations are much more pressing though because there would still be another major network to pick up the AFC football games. Thanks for the nonsense.

clear.gif

I love any excuse to bring this bad boy out. We will NOT have 2, 3, 4 leagues whatever. Tinfoil hat stuff.

Samphin said:
It would never work and never happen. Whatever league kept the NFL brand would succeed, the branch out league would not. Just the way it is.

absolutely, NFL-style football creates more financial parity, which ulimately should result in more competitive games every week, generally speaking.
An uncapped league would get really top-heavy like baseball is today, and the only event worth paying attention to is when a heavyweights play each other, or when some no-name upsets them.
You tell me which would be more fun to watch. The NFL-style league would outcompete any other type of league over time. Survivial of the fittest.

death7star said:
stupiest thread ever.

There were alot more stupier ones, its just a thread, it could hypothetically happen, but like someone said earlier, the branch out would die about as quick as the XFL

Listening to Jerry Jones today, he tried very hard to make the NFLPA look like they are being unreasonable, he also made a point, (and you could tell how he responded taking time to make sure his response was very calculated), that the owners are in fact all on the same page , and that the problem lie's with Upshaw. That the reports we read regarding issues with revenue sharing and cash over cap, are untrue.

Now, Since i have devled in the various sites , and read all the threads on this subject, It is my opinion that , the rumors are true, that the owners are not all on the same page.

As a matter of fact, IMO, owners could in fact agree to the NFLPA terms, and still not agree on league revenue sharing, therefore turning down the most recent proposal. And still position it that the players union is creating the problem, when in fact that is not the case.

Jerry Jones's corporate strategy of providing the "unified" management front, is without question, IMO, not the complete truth, and , IMO I hope the media can sniff this out as such. IMO Certain owners are creating this problem, and want to have uncapped football. IMO.

Sal Lisitano said:

Go Fins!!!
I don't have a good feeling either. I would be very suprised if this gets approved.

Back
Top Bottom