Official Detroit Pistons Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Detroit Pistons Thread

Curious question; how'd you become a Pistons fan, PhinsTD?

Blueprint said:
Curious question; how'd you become a Pistons fan, PhinsTD?

Well, I was really young. I'm from near St. Louis and when I grew up they had only one game in town: The Cardinals.

So, I had to sort of pick other teams to root for because I'm a fan of all sports. I liked the way the Pistons were hated back in the 80's over the glitzy Lakers. I was like 9 when I started watching the Pistons (before they won the titles) and I've always sort of thought you're a fan of your team forever through the good (back to back titles) and the bad (Grant Hill years). I'd be a Heat fan, but Miami didn't have a team then and my above comments tells you why I couldn't switch.

Fan of the Phins because I was a Hurricane fan in 1983 (no joke I remember watching them as a 4 year old on a black and white tv that year) and really in 1984. I remember the Flutie to Phelan game. It sort of carried over because of the Canes for me and then they got Danny that same year.

Still a huge Cards fan.

I know I'm hated on these threads because I stand up for the Pistons, but I can't help it, I'll die liking the Detroit Pistons, Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, St. Louis Cardinals and the Missouri State Bears.

PhinsTD said:
Well, I was really young. I'm from near St. Louis and when I grew up they had only one game in town: The Cardinals.

So, I had to sort of pick other teams to root for because I'm a fan of all sports. I liked the way the Pistons were hated back in the 80's over the glitzy Lakers. I was like 9 when I started watching the Pistons (before they won the titles) and I've always sort of thought you're a fan of your team forever through the good (back to back titles) and the bad (Grant Hill years).

Fan of the Phins because I was a Hurricane fan in 1983 (no joke I remember watching them as a 4 year old on a black and white tv that year) and really in 1984. I remember the Flutie to Phelan game. It sort of carried over because of the Canes for me and then they got Danny that same year.

Still a huge Cards fan.

I know I'm hated on these threads because I stand up for the Pistons, but I can't help it, I'll die liking the Detroit Pistons, Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, St. Louis Cardinals and the Missouri State Bears.

Nobody is hated here!!!Except the Pistons:wink:

PhinsTD said:

So, I had to sort of pick other teams to root for because I'm a fan of all sports. I liked the way the Pistons were hated back in the 80's over the glitzy Lakers. I was like 9 when I started watching the Pistons (before they won the titles) and I've always sort of thought you're a fan of your team forever through the good (back to back titles) and the bad (Grant Hill years). I'd be a Heat fan, but Miami didn't have a team then and my above comments tells you why I couldn't switch.

Still a huge Cards fan.

Pretty nice being a cardinals fan now. Pujols is amazing.

PhinsTD said:

Still a huge Cards fan.

We have a lot in common my friend. I lived in St.louis till I was 9 years old. I like the Pistons, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Do you think this will be the Cards year? We're getting close every year, but always fall short.

Ronnieisabeast said:
We have a lot in common my friend. I lived in St.louis till I was 9 years old. I like the Pistons, Dolphins, and Cardinals. Do you think this will be the Cards year? We're getting close every year, but always fall short.

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnieisabeast said:

No, I don't think the Cardinals win the WS this year (at least not with the team they currently have). I really think that lineup is bad after Pujols and Rolen. It's like Edmonds aged 10 years this offseason.

I'm a MUCH bigger fan of baseball and football, so if either team could just win one World Championship while I'm alive and old enough to remember it, I'd be ok. (1982 I had just turned 3)

The first Super Bowl I remember is the 1985 Super Bowl (of course one year too late).

Detroit will just have to win me another title this year because I don't think the Phins or Cards get it done this year. (Next year is the Phins year IMO)

I know there has been a lot of trash talking

But

Good luck tonight and may the team that plays best win

PhinsTD said:
No, I don't think the Cardinals win the WS this year (at least not with the team they currently have). I really think that lineup is bad after Pujols and Rolen. It's like Edmonds aged 10 years this offseason.

I'm a MUCH bigger fan of baseball and football, so if either team could just win one World Championship while I'm alive and old enough to remember it, I'd be ok. (1982 I had just turned 3)

The first Super Bowl I remember is the 1985 Super Bowl (of course one year too late).

Detroit will just have to win me another title this year because I don't think the Phins or Cards get it done this year. (Next year is the Phins year IMO)

Id trade both Marlin World Series wins for a team that could compete consistantly like the Cardinals......:(

Alex22 said:
Id trade both Marlin World Series wins for a team that could compete consistantly like the Cardinals......:(

You know, that is an extremely good question for me.

I'd have to REALLY consider two World championships and years of young players in between. Remember, the Cards have never won it while I've been alive (truly able to know it anyway), but I've watched them lose it three freaking times!!!!

Good luck Heat fans, I hope that neither team has an injury this year to taint the victor.

PhinsTD said:
You know, that is an extremely good question for me.

I'd have to REALLY consider two World championships and years of young players in between. Remember, the Cards have never won it while I've been alive (truly able to know it anyway), but I've watched them lose it three freaking times!!!!

As great as it was to win it all....its worse to watch your team lose 90+ games every season

At least every year you get the excitment of being in the chase

Alex22 said:
As great as it was to win it all....its worse to watch your team lose 90+ games every season

Not to mention having a fire sale after you win it all!!!

Alex22 said:

The old, "walk a mile in his shoes" cliche comes to mind.

Me and my college buddies all gathered and watched Game 7 against the Stro's a few years ago. When Rolen hit that HR to give us the lead, a finger got broken, I sprained my ankle, my buddy broke a beer mug, a couch got broken, a coffee table lost a leg and the cops got called for the noise.

You don't get reactions like that from winning a game in August to put you up 14 games instead of 10.

Back
Top Bottom